• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 22, 2014] DVDA#5: Golden Fighting Rings (Vegas Smash 4's WiiU... (Las Vegas, Nevada)

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Double Vegas Down Attack #5: Golden Fighting Rings
Vegas Smash 4 WiiU Tournament at GameWorks Las Vegas in the large Party Room at TownSquare.
Hosted by Bassem.
Streaming by New Meta Entertainment in collaboration with VGBootCamp West: Twitch.tv/newmetastream
Commentators: FOW , Curly, Mr. E, Frozenflare, and yours truly Bear.

Schedule:
Special Free Streamed Smashfest Day Before (Sunday): Sunday, 12/21/14 @ GameWorks from 6pm until they kick you out d^.^b

Registration: *IMPORTANT: FB message Bear (Bassem Dahdouh or @BearUNLV) your Wave of Pool time preference & gamertag; Bear will get back to you ASAP!* Highly recommend coming to 1st wave and registering early. But you can register in person at the event by 6pm Monday, 12/22/14.

Monday, 12/22/14, Tournament Day:
3pm: Warmups & Setups
3:50pm: Final Call for 1st Wave of Bracket Pools
4pm: 1st Wave of Bracket Pools Begins
5:50pm: Final Call for 2nd Wave of Bracket Pools
6pm: 2nd Wave of Bracket Pools Begins
7pm: *2nd Running Late of Bracket Pools Begins
7:50pm: Final Call for Doubles Singups
8pm: Doubles Double Elimination Tournament Begins
9pm: Top 32 Double Elimination Bracket Begins

BYOC (GameCube Controller or any officially licensed Nintendo controller).

*If you bring a complete WiiU Setup [need at least 16!] (WiiU, Smash WiiU, GameCube Controller Adapter, surge protector & extension cord, and cables to connect to a HDTV) we will WAIVE the $5 venue fee AND give you a FREE Smash Pass ($5 Food Pass)!*

Venue Fee: $5 (waived with a full WiiU setup OR a purchase of any Smash Hour food or beverage)
Smash 4 Singles: $5
Smash 4 Doubles: $5 per person ($10 total per team)

Smash Hour (Happy Hour):
+ GameWorks Las Vegas is Offering a Customized Smash Hour. Happy Hour the Whole Tournament!

Smash Pass (Food Pass): $5.00
+ Soda & lemonade with unlimited refills for the entire tournament.
+ Pizza.
+ HYPE Cookies.

Smash 4 Singles & Doubles Payouts:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Smash 4 Stage List & Ruleset:
Stage list (Singles & Doubles)
[1 ban per player for Singles per round;
2 bans per team for Doubles per round]

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Final Destination & Any Omega FD

Counter-picks:
Pokémon Stadium 2
Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt

Rules for Singles & Doubles:
+ Best of 3, 2 stock (3 stocks for Doubles), 6 minutes time limit (8 minutes for Doubles), pause off, and items off.
+ Best of 5 for Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals.
+ Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “112″ fashion:
1. 1st Player strikes two stages.
2. 2nd Player strikes one stage.
+ After playing the first match, the loser is allowed to counter-pick stage & character, and winner gets to stage strike.
+ Custom Moves banned.
+ Mii Fighters banned.
+ Can't go the same color as your opponent's team color!
+ Dave's stupid rule: A player can't pick a stage they previously won on during the set.

Tournament Format:
+ Singles will have 8 Bracket Pools Split in 2 waves; Top 4 in each pool go on to Top 32 Double Elimination Bracket.
+ Doubles will run as a standard Double Elimination Bracket; no pools.

The act of stalling is banned: Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these off.

GameWorks Las Vegas Venue Policies:
GameWorks Las Vegas does not allow outside food and beverages in our facility, but GameWorks Las Vegas does offer a full bar and restaurant with delicious American cuisine.

Last edited:

BearUNLV

Please use Facebook to register as I (Bear) tend to use that a lot more :-)

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
]

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination & Any Omega FD

Counter-picks:
Town and City
Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt
As a fellow TO I'm curious, why is your starter list so small? Don't Town and City and Lylat Cruise make really nice starters? Other then that I can't complain too much about the stagelist, I'd like to see Pokemon stadium 2 as it's been doing great both on Anther's Ladder and all the events I've hosted but this is a much better list then most either way.

BearUNLV

As a fellow TO I'm curious, why is your starter list so small? Don't Town and City and Lylat Cruise make really nice starters? Other then that I can't complain too much about the stagelist, I'd like to see Pokemon stadium 2 as it's been doing great both on Anther's Ladder and all the events I've hosted but this is a much better list then most either way.
This was the consensus amongst the FB group for starters. Mainly due to the fact that Town & City's platforms can kill.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This was the consensus amongst the FB group for starters. Mainly due to the fact that Town & City's platforms can kill.
This does rarely come up in matches, if at all. I don't think we've had a single match have issues with the platforms leaving with it on our starter list. By limiting the amount of stages you start on so much you pretty much are leaving it up to "ban fd" or "don't ban FD and end up there" which really kills depth for the first game.

BearUNLV

This does rarely come up in matches, if at all. I don't think we've had a single match have issues with the platforms leaving with it on our starter list. By limiting the amount of stages you start on so much you pretty much are leaving it up to "ban fd" or "don't ban FD and end up there" which really kills depth for the first game.
Good point :-)

I'm currently speaking with my admins and edit it soon :-D

BearUNLV

BearUNLV

101 entrants. 21 teams. 10 days to go.
So far this will be Vegas Smash's biggest Smash 4 Tournament.

You don't want to miss out on this if you're in Las Vegas on Monday December 22nd.

~ Bear

BearUNLV

FYI:
On Sunday December 21st, there will be a free Smashfest at GameWorks Las Vegas starting at 6pm until midnight or until they kick you out :-)

GameWorks Las Vegas is just a few blocks South of the Las Vegas Strip and a few blocks from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.

It is located in Town Square shopping area under the AMC Movie Theaters. Address is:
6587 South Las Vegas Boulevard #171, Las Vegas, NV 89119

When you're there on Sunday 12/21, ask for Robby or the DVDA#5 Vegas Smash Pre-Tournament Smashfest.

~ Bear

PS: I will not be there due to work johns.

Kaii

Smash Rookie
I was wathching the stream until the doubles, where can i see the top 32? is it on youtube or something?

Top Bottom