• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 20, 2014] Comfy and Easy to Wear! Episode 4: Jelly-filled are my favorite! (Louisville, KY)

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles
1: CR3: The Night Before Christmas
2: Kero + Joey
3: Blazing Katakippy
4: Absol + Mister Eric (Absol + Mister Eric)
5: calic + Tactical
5: Salty Caramel (Kassandra + Sov)
7: Edgar's Angels
7: Space Royalty (ExceladonCity + Naryx)
9: Nade + Kobanwa
9: Church of Martel (Hilt + Son-in-Law)
9: Ugly + Fish
9: GX + Royal

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles
1/2: Kel
1/2: Overswarm
3: BlazingKatakiri
4: Kero
5: Mister Eric
5: DtJ Hilt
7: Edgar
7: Sam
9: InfernAngelis
9: JoshKip
9: Joey
9: Sai
13: Konbanwa
13: Son-in-Law
13: KassandraNova
13: calic
17: ExceladonCity
17: Tactical
17: PowerHungryFool
17: Sovereign
17: Soupy
17: Absol
17: Naryx
17: Smash64

------------------Pool Cutoff---------------------

25: LumpyGravy
25: XIII
25: JMD
25: JDB
25: Pumpkin
25: Angel
25: Royal
25: Lasagna
33: JJRuler
33: DeMo
33: Semendemon
33: Steak
33: LunaSwarm
33: Jlaws
33: Captain Falchion
33: Dad
41: Ugly
41: Snecho
41: GX
41: ScamminSalmon
41: SkullKid
41: Spiderman
41: Nade
41: Vash
49: Alex
49: Iris

Claim your Results Here

Last edited by a moderator:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Had a great time, everyone! Thank you all for making this the biggest Comfy and Easy to Wear Monthly yet!

Shoutouts to come soon.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Shoutouts

Kel:
Hilt told me what you said about Town and City for Little Mac, and I completely agree! I'm going to have to keep that in mind!
Overswarm: Thank you so much for allowing us free reign of your 3DS for Customs. It helped us out so much. I wish I could have had a chance to play you at some point though. I hope to someday!
Kero: Good stuff beating Ness, haha! Thanks so much for the advice you gave me during the tournament, and at other times as well. I couldn't have done as well as I did without it. I'll continue trying to improve, and applying the advice given to me so far and in the future.
Mister Eric: The Kendama Master
DtJ Hilt: I'll keep working hard to get better, and practicing as often as I can. The advice you gave me during doubles made a huge difference in my Little Mac gameplay. I won't forget it!
Sam: Grats on doing so well Sam! Once again, your Mario is a monster!
InfernAngelis: Enjoyed our match Infern! I'm so glad you could make it, it was awesome seeing you! I hope we can play again sometime, Bowser is a confusing matchup for me ><
Joey: We never got to practice that matchup, but hopefully we can sometime soon! I appreciate your feedback towards my matches. I wrote down the advice you gave me, and I'll be trying to apply it more and more (I was already attempting to apply it mid tournament xD).
Tactical: That car ride was one of the highlights of my night xD So crazy, yet so fun. I'm glad you three are all skinny-ish, or else we never would have made it!
PowerHungryFool: Awesome meeting you man! I hope to practice against your rob sometime in the future! Hit me up if you'd like to practice, I can usually play Wifi :). And on a side note-- Mister Eric/2: Traitoooooorrrrrrr
Soupy: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smash64: Good seeing you Smash64! I'm so glad you all made it, it has been almost a year since I saw ya. Hope to see you at a tournament again in the future!
Dad: I met Dad at long last! What a fated reunion! THE FOOSBALL CHAMPION! I hope you continue to make it to more tournaments Dad! It was great having you there! I should have played you, but it didn't occur to me to ask :x I don't even know who you play actually... Whoops.
ScamminSalmon: Keep rocking that Shiek man, it's so good! We need to practice again soon!
Spiderman: I wanted to play against you, but I didn't get the chance =/ I hope you show up at a tournament again sometime. If you don't know when we are having one, let me know who you are on Smash Boards and I'll letcha know!
Snecho: You have the fundamentals of the game down kid, you just need more experience. I hope you will come again someday, you definitely have potential :)

Last edited:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTS: LIVE FROM EXCELADON CITY!

1/2: Kel - Congrats on winning. Hope to run into you in bracket next time. I'd like to play your Megaman.
1/2: Overswarm - GGs in pools. You ka-rushed my Dedede with Mega. I'll be looking for revenge next time we play.
3: BlazingKatakiri - Good seeing you again Katakiri. Congrats on 3rd.
4: Kero - Keroooooo! We didn't get to play each other this time. I'll be waiting for that rematch.
5: Mister Eric - It was nice to see my favorite robot again. <3
5: DtJ Hilt - Thanks for hosting such a killer tournament! Feels like old times.
7: Edgar - Edgrrrrr! Congrats on placing so high. Hope to see more of you and play you in the future.
7: Sam - Uncle Sam! That Mario was so proper. Keep it up!
9: InfernAngelis - It was nice seeing you again Infern. Hope to play you next time.
9: JoshKip - Good job placing well. Keep it up!
9: Joey - Duck Hunt Dog is your character dude.
9: Sai - Dat damn monkey! Sucks you had such a rough time getting here. Hopefully you won't have that problem again in the future.
13: Konbanwa - GGs. I'm gonna be salty for a bit over that set. However, it gives me something to look forward to. Til next time!
13: Son-in-Law - Gooooood shiiiiii- Your Mac was in top form. Mad respect.
13: KassandraNova - We should definitely run Peach/D3 next time.
13: calic - Biiiiiig Pika!
17: ExceladonCity - Not a bad showing for my first tournament with D3. Time to climb even higher.
17: Tactical - Taaaaac! Good seeing you again. I hope to play you next time.
17: PowerHungryFool - GGs. I like the ROB.
17: Sovereign - Good to see you again Sov. I'm gonna get you back in doubles.
17: Soupy - Michael! Good job making it out of pools. Your Luigi is pretty fly. Keep it up.
17: Absol - Bouncing Fish is a better character than Zelda. Hahaha.
17: Naryx - It was fun teaming with you Naryx. Don't worry about the placing in doubles. It was a learning experience.
17: Smash64 - Dude, you smoked me with Bowser Jr. I'm gonna get you back for that. :4larry::4iggy::4lemmy:

Last edited:

Kel

Smash Master
Thanks for running the event, it was a lot of fun. I'm sad we didn't get to actually finish but I still had a good time.

Everyone be on the lookout for the bag that was misplaced. I'm really hoping it was only accidentally taken.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hey guys! Here's the link for anyone that wants to claim their ranking for Comfy and Easy to Wear on Smashboards!

http://smashboards.com/rankings/comfy-and-easy-to-wear-4-wii-u-singles.3553/event

First of all, I'd like to apologize to Overswarm and Kel, for having to cut the end of the event short at Grand Finals. I put the result in as a tie for first place in the rankings. And to everyone else, I'd like to apologize for the speed of the tournament. Setups are definitely going to show themselves to be an issue, especially with Gamecube Adapters being in short supply.

After speaking with the manager of the venue, we're going to have more space next time around. We'll be making an announcement on when our next event will be soon!

KERO

Smash Journeyman
All those mid tiers in the top 5, though. Man, this tourney was a blast, though. Sorry that the Mystery Event and MK8 ended up not happening and grand finals getting the shaft, though. Definitely looking forward to the next one!

Anyway, shoutouts time!

Kel: Great games in doubles. I really wanted to play you in singles, but things just didn't work out. Enjoyed seeing you again, though.

Overswarm: As stated before, had fun playing you in doubles. But, man, I really just want to see how the Greninja/Mega Man MU is now after the nerf. Maybe I can find out next week =x

BlazingKatakiri: Good games in both doubles and singles. In hindsight, there were probably a billion things I could be doing instead of sitting in shield or spotdodging, but I feel like I'm starting to have mindset problems creeping up again. That said, you still obliterated me lol. Hope we get to play on Wi-Fi sometime soon. I gotta figure this MU out, haha.

Kero: Wow, 4th, really? Go back to Brawl, scrub. Or at least play a good character (you got that Majora's Mask reference in, though).

Mister Eric: Good games in singles and doubles. I'd definitely be up for playing on Wi-Fi. I really don't feel that R.O.B./Greninja is too great of a MU for R.O.B. He doesn't have a really reliable way to escape from Greninja's shenanigans or land.

DtJ Hilt: Good stuff man. You got like, thirty more people than expected, and you still managed to get through almost the entirety of singles as well as doubles. I definitely enjoyed our games, but next time I don't intend to get 2-0'd =x

Edgar: Dude... duuuuuude. You were terrifying lol. Once you understand the Greninja MU, I'm going to be forced into Rosalina haha. I'd say definitely keep practicing with your Ness. Your Bowser Jr. was also pretty good, but you really seemed to have a good idea about what you were doing with that Ness. I expect to see you at future events, wrecking people.

Sam: It was great seeing you again. Kinda wish that we got to play tbh. Everyone was pretty miffed about your Mario, but I only saw a potential secondary if customs are kept, haha. Sad to hear that you'll be in Tennessee, though, but good luck with whatever you're doing down there!

InfernAngelis: We didn't talk much (oddly), but it was great seeing you again.

JoshKip: Ggs in both singles and doubles. Good stuff co-running the tourney.

Joey: KP NINJA POWER! Seriously, I'm super glad that I was able to get you to this tourney. I don't think I've ever had more fun in doubles than at this tourney. Sheik and Greninja is one of the silliest teams I've seen, and it works really well surprisingly. Sorry to hear about what happened in pools and then getting a really tough singles bracket. It was great seeing you again. Hopefully, when you aren't busy doing real world stuff, you can come out to more of these.

Konbanwa: Hey, other Japanese tag guy, good games! You made Luigi look like a good character lol.

Son-in-Law: Wooow, just, wow. You did so well at this tourney. You beat Sovereign, three stocked XIII, and played a genuinely terrifying Little Mac. Once you work on those issues we discussed, your Little Mac is going to terrify everyone in Kentucky. Of course, we still need to work on secondaries, but right now, you're putting in some damn fine work! Also, great work helping Hilt run things. It was a really enjoyable tourney!

KassandraNova: Ggs in doubles and singles, but really, four stitch faces during the first game? Sounds like KERO's losing his bs powers =/ It was great seeing you again, though. Hope you can come out to OS's tourney next week.

calic: Ggs in doubles.

ExceladonCity: Great talking to you, but damn, kinda wish we got to play =/ Glad to see that D3 is working out for you, though.

Tactical: Ggs in doubles. Sorry that Lucario ain't exactly Brawlcario.

Sovereign: Ggs in doubles. Gotta say, that ZSS is scary, tho.

Absol: Ggs in doubles.

Smash64: Hey! Great seeing you again. I gotta say, it's cool seeing someone use Bowser Jr. so well. I really like the character, but Idk if I could really use him that well.

LumpyGravy: Sorry that I missed your pools matches. If you want, I can take you to OS's tourney next week, and I'll be absolutely sure not to miss any of your matches. Otherwise, I feel like a terrible mentor lol.

JDB: JMD and JDB... how... interesting. Ggs, though. Great stuff taking a game off of Edgar's Ness lol.

Semendemon: Wut?

Steak: Ggs.
GX: GX? As in, the GX that wrecked me on Wi-Fi back in like 2009/2010? Damn, sorry to have missed you. You'd better keep coming to tourneys!

ScamminSalmon: You learn... really quickly. Combine that with Sheik, and you are gonna be a pretty deadly combination in the future.

SkullKid: Didn't play you, but love the tag. Majora's Mask2gud.

And with that, see you all later! I got some Greninja research to do and videos to upload.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sorry about my super high levels of salt throughout the tournament. I need to learn not to get aggravated when I get outplayed by great players and actually learn from my mistakes instead of generalizing them as suicides or just idiotic things like that. This was a really fun tournament regardless of how salty I was.

Also I'd love advice from anyone that saw me play yesterday.

1/2: Kel: It was fun playing you in doubles! I wish we got to play in singles, but I'm sure there will be times to do that during Smash4's lifespan. You have an awesome Megaman!

1/2: Overswarm: Loved watching your Bowser. He flowed so freely. I wouldn't run a no custom tournament in an area that liked customs, even if I'm (mostly) neutral towards them. Talk to me about DHD's customs sometime. I think Zigzag can is really cool, but I don't like Mega Gunman as much as you seem to. Your Bowser is kickass, and so is your Megaman! Assuming my wifi isn't ass, we should wifi sometime and we can play some custom matches if you don't mind. You definitely showed me that customs can make characters that don't have as much potential without them have a lot of viability, so thanks for that! (:

3: BlazingKatakiri: Great games! You wrecked me really hard haha. You're a very smart player and I can't wait to see more of you in tournaments. Sorry about changing your music without asking. I promise that I won't do that again. >_<

4: Kero: KP HYYYYYYPEEEEE!!! THOSE NINJA'S THOUGH!!! Doubles was literally the most fun I've had in any tournament, and it reminded me of why I kept on playing this game. You made the team work when I was DHD or when I was Sheik. I wouldn't put one over the other because they were both just so much fun!!! Amazing job in doubles, dude! I wish I could rep DHD as well as you rep Greninja, because you're showing that there is really potential in that character! Absolutely amazing job! Thank you for going out of your way to get me as well! You're way too nice to me xD.

5: Mister Eric: Great games, dude. You wrecked me so hard (Especially when I was DHD), and while I was salty about the suicide, you still outplayed me really hard. I'm glad to see you're still doing work with ROB. I wanna see your Sheik sometime though. Give me some Sheik tips dude. :p

5: DtJ Hilt: Dude you ****ing WRECKED at this tournament!! Great job! I absolutely LOVED watching your Villager play! It was really awesome! Really fun games in doubles as well! (: Louisville is definitely going to put in work this time around. I'm really excited for the potential here! I can't wait to see more Louisville play. Absolutely amazing job running the tournament with the amount of time and set ups we had. Very well done as always!

7: Edgar: Your Ness was good and was giving Kero a run for his money XD. Especially in doubles where he had to leave you to me, and you were also giving me a lot of trouble! You're definitely really good dude, and I can't wait to see you get better with Ness! I heard you also had a sick Kirby, but I didn't get to see it. My brother wouldn't stop talking about it, and as a brawl Kirby player, I really wanted to see it :c. Hopefully you come to more tournaments so I can see more of that Kirby.

7: Sam: Sorry I was so salty regarding our matches. You're a really great player and I definitely didn't play at your level. Great job in this tournament! Your Mario is really on point, and you definitely showed that the character has potential (even more-so with customs) if he's in the right player's hands.

9: InfernAngelis: Good job getting first seed in pools. We didn't get to talk too much, and I didn't actually get to see any of your matches, but it was still awesome seeing you!

9: JoshKip: Dude, I didn't even know that you got 9th. I didn't get to see a single one of your 1v1 games, but based on how you did I'm assuming that you played really well. I hope that we get to play sometime soon! Great job co-running the tournament! Great games in doubles, too!

9: Sai: Thanks for playing friendlies with me! They were a lot of fun, and I will keep the DHD tricks in mind! It was amazing to see you, and I hope that we get to play in tournament soon!

13: Konbanwa: I saw you play against Excel. That was very solid play on your part. Very nice to see some Luigi's doing well! :)

13: Son-in-Law: You are improving so quickly! Just remember what we talked about, and next time I see you (or when I get wifi set up at my house), we will definitely work on that Sheik matchup, I promise! Regardless of what Kero and I had to say, that doesn't change the fact that you did REALLY well at this tournament! You can only get better from here, so I can't wait to see your Little Mac again! Great job helping with running the tournament, too! :D

13: KassandraNova: I'm so sorry we had to play again ;____;. I LOOOOoooOOOVED seeing you again! You made me laugh way too much at this tournament haha. You're better than where you placed, and I understand why you're upset about it. With the people you're playing online, you're going to keep on getting better and better, so I'm 100% positive this 13th will keep on going up from here on out. I will definitely try to work on some Peachy and see if I can utilize her a bit. Thanks for dealing with my ******** haha. Love you! Also, great job wrecking me in doubles.

13: calic: Super fun games in doubles and amazing friendlies! It was great to see you again! Pretty sick Pikachu you got, too!

17: ExceladonCity: Dude you're going to be so sick at this game! I know I said this a lot, but I'm being 100% serious, and I'm not the only one that thinks this. You're playing a character that you enjoy, and you're putting in work with him, and it's amazing how much your mentality has changed this time around. It is going to get you really far in this game, and I can't wait to see it happen.

17: Tactical: It's amazing to see you playing again! Glad to see you enjoying Lucario in this game, too! Hope to see you at more tournaments!

17: PowerHungryFool: Glad you could make it! I saw you play, and you were putting in work! Can't wait to see you at more tournaments! :D

17: Sovereign: Dude your ZSS is legit (especially in doubles)! It was also great seeing you again! Glad to see you coming down for a tournament! I hope the military is treating you well! ^_^

17: Soupy: Congratulations on getting out of pools!! You're definitely going to keep on improving the more and more you play this game! I only got to see part of one of your games, but it was obvious that you're improving!

17: Absol: Playing you was a lot of fun, and it's mind-boggling to me that this was only your second tournament. You're really good at this game, and your Sheik is definitely one of the better ones I've seen (probably top 3 in our tri-state area imo from what I've seen). Our games were so much fun and I can't wait to see you at more tournaments!!

17: Naryx: Great games in pools!!

17: Smash64: It was wonderful talking to you again! Your Bowser Jr. is amazing, and I can't wait to see more of it!! You did amazingly in pools, too! Keep on putting in the work with that Bowser Jr. of yours :)

25: LumpyGravy: It was awesome riding in the car with you and talking! Fun times! I'm glad that you're getting out to tournaments and enjoying the scene so much! I didn't get to see you play, but I hope to see you at more tournaments! :)

25: JDB: lol this is kid is rushing me to finish these so he doesn't get a shoutout :x

25: Angel: Dude, aside from too much Up-B, your toon link wasn't bad in singles or in doubles! Just try to use less kill moves and up-b, and you will definitely make it out of pools next time!

33: Jlaws: Our matches were absolutely hilariou. MAC DITTOS!!!! WOOOO!!!!! XD You were awesome to talk to!!

41: GX: I didn't get to talk to you at all, but it was great to see you at a tournament again! Brings back memories of the good days!

41: ScamminSalmon: We will definitely get in more Sheik v Sheik practice. I can also try to help you with other match-ups as Sheik if you want. It's crazy how much potential you have with this game, and I can't wait to see you get closer and closer to maximizing it!

41: Spiderman: Our games were fun! Come out to more tournaments, and just work on preventing the suicides you're having. Your Bowser Jr. isn't bad in the slightest aside from the suicides!

The tournament was very enjoyable overall! Loved seeing you guys again, and this makes me feel confident both in customs potential and this community as a whole when it comes to this game. Glad to see so many players with potential this time around, and I can't wait to watch everyone improve at this game!

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
@ Overswarm Overswarm As promised, I recorded it.

I always have a blast when I come down to Kentucky and this time was no exception. I did catch a bad case of Kentucky cooties from someone tho and spent all of Sunday sick and asleep.

If I do end up coming to more tourneys with custom moves, I'm picking up a character with some zoning. I'd honestly rather play a slow Brawl-playstyle than get pot-shotted by unbalanced customs. Or I could git gud with MK and stop rolling every other move.

CaptainFalchion

Smash Rookie
NNID
gundam780
Had a great time. This was my first tournament and it was definitely a learning experience haha. Hope to come to more and get better. I gotta find a way to record this stuff so I can get some criticism. Also thanks to Exceladon City for the encouraging talk.

Kel

Smash Master
@ Overswarm Overswarm As promised, I recorded it.

I always have a blast when I come down to Kentucky and this time was no exception. I did catch a bad case of Kentucky cooties from someone tho and spent all of Sunday sick and asleep.

If I do end up coming to more tourneys with custom moves, I'm picking up a character with some zoning. I'd honestly rather play a slow Brawl-playstyle than get pot-shotted by unbalanced customs. Or I could git gud with MK and stop rolling every other move.
You should post all of the replays you stole from OS' WiiU =P.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I have b-rev gyro cancels. Just haven't mastered it yet.
I can see that helping some, yeah. I already knew about that, though. I just really don't see the MU being even tbh, but we'll see.

If you can prove me wrong, by all means, do so lol. I'm just stating what I've seen so far. If it turns out I'm wrong, then that's fine. The last thing I want to do is spout out misinformation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom