• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Dec 17, 2016] Baby, it's Salty Outside: A Smash 4 Tournament and Can Drive (Hubbard, OH)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
We're running a can drive at this event and giving away fabulous prizes! Info below!

We will be auctioning off an art basket at this next event. Local artists in Ohio and PGH will be donating art for you to win (additional prizes may be available).

How can you enter to win these prizes? It's simple! Follow these steps!

1. Enter one of the "Baby, it's Salty Outside" events (singles and/or doubles)
2. Donate at least one non-perishable canned good. The more cans you donate, the more tickets you get (maximum: 10, though I may raise the upper limit, depending on how much interest we generate. Feel free to bring in more cans though!). Bigger items (ex: family sized cereal boxes) may be worth more tickets. And if you bring bread, I will literally slap you.

Second Harvest Food Bank's list of most needed items:

Peanut butter, Cereal, Canned vegetables, Canned fruit, Tuna fish, Dry pasta, Canned soup, Macaroni and cheese

Most needed holiday items:
Boxed stuffing, Instant mashed potatoes, Gravy mix, Canned yams, Canned vegetables

Of Course, all non-perishables are welcome.

We will do the drawings around the time that singles start.

Current list of donating artists:

Alyssa Herman
Anna Zotta
Savannah Florence
Quentin Ross
Kayla Elizabeth Bowermaster
Zarei Driel
Robert Volt David
Alientonx (not in our area, but he's a creative Twitch streamer I know who was willing to donate something. Give him a follow!)

If you are interested in donating to the basket or know somebody else who might be, let me know!

Chickenly

Smash Rookie
NNID
williambaran1984
Hey, I'm very interested in this tournament! But I have a few questions...
1. So do I need to bring my own Wii U and Gamecube Adapters? (I was confused of that part)
2. How do I RSVP if I don't have a facebook
3. How man people have RSVP'd already?

Sorry if I passed them while reading! Thanks!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey, I'm very interested in this tournament! But I have a few questions...
1. So do I need to bring my own Wii U and Gamecube Adapters? (I was confused of that part)
2. How do I RSVP if I don't have a facebook
3. How man people have RSVP'd already?

Sorry if I passed them while reading! Thanks!
You don't need to bring a Wii U and Gamecube Adapter, but if you bring a FULL set-up, you'll get a venue discount.

You don't need to RSVP. We only a have a few people coming so far, but the number picks up closer to the date and a lot of people just show up without notice.

Where are you from?

Chickenly

Smash Rookie
NNID
williambaran1984
You don't need to bring a Wii U and Gamecube Adapter, but if you bring a FULL set-up, you'll get a venue discount.

You don't need to RSVP. We only a have a few people coming so far, but the number picks up closer to the date and a lot of people just show up without notice.

Where are you from?
I'm from Ohio, I live about two hour days away. Thank you for answering my questions! I might be able to come, it's the weekend before exams so I'm trying to convince my fam to let me go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom