• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debug mode? (Can't find the answer anywhere)

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
How do I activate debug mode? I don't see anything on Smashboards or the PM website about how to activate. Thanks a bunch!

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
debug toggle toggles your ability to use the other commands.

Press L R Down once, then let's say R Right.
You'll then see the hitboxes until you turn it off.

It stays on when you toggle debug mode until you toggle it back on and then turn the feature off

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
debug toggle toggles your ability to use the other commands.

Press L R Down once, then let's say R Right.
You'll then see the hitboxes until you turn it off.

It stays on when you toggle debug mode until you toggle it back on and then turn the feature off
How do I turn it off?

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I accidentally use this on while paused, I find I can't unpause

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Im having similar issues with getting the toggle off to work. Sometimes it does work, sometimes it just wont. (if this is a double post I'm truely sorry, my internet cut out as I was posting and so I fixed it and refreshed the page and I dont see this post on the thread so if by chance it did post and the refresh didnt show it then, my bad.)

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
You have to manually turn the commands off while debug is on. Then toggle it back off to avoid accident inputs.

The game's current frame is froze when you pause in debug so you can view hitboxes or whatever. If you can't unpause that, toggle debug again then unpause.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
You have to manually turn the commands off while debug is on. Then toggle it back off to avoid accident inputs.

The game's current frame is froze when you pause in debug so you can view hitboxes or whatever. If you can't unpause that, toggle debug again then unpause.
I am aware but, my issue is that toggling off debug doesnt always seem to work. Ive tried several times to hit all the buttons to toggle off at once as well as one after the other and it hasnt worked every time.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can set pause to Hold and it will clear out debug. After setting it to Hold, exit the menu screens, then go back and change the pause back if you want to. This is an easy way to clear debug if you don't want to do all of the debug inputs.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
You can set pause to Hold and it will clear out debug. After setting it to Hold, exit the menu screens, then go back and change the pause back if you want to. This is an easy way to clear debug if you don't want to do all of the debug inputs.
Thank you that'll make things easier.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Debug mode seems to not turn off after one toggle because it switches through 4 or so modes.
Something like:
1 = Fixed Camera & Frame Advance
2 = Fixed Camera w/o Frame Advance( no pause )
3 = Free Camera & Frame Advance
4 = Free Camera w/o Frame Advance( no pause )
5 = Debug Off

Edit-Never mind,I think this is all incorrect

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to use it with a "classic controller" (I actually use a Wiimote + Mayflash Adapter + Gamecube Controller, but that's recognized as a classic controller)? I can't get it started...

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Are you playing on Dolphin or console? What type of controller are you using? If you're using a Gamecube controller, did you make sure you input the toggle correctly? (Debug Toggle = L + R + D-Pad Down)

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I don't get it. I'm inputing the commands, but debug mode won't start. Am I missing something?
Turning on Debug Mode only allows freeze frame advance( Start + Z ).Only when debug is on will other commands work.So do this:
  • :GCLT: + :GCRT: + :GCDpad:Down,(to turn debug on)
  • then
  • :GCRT:+:GCDpad:Right.(to show hitboxes)
You'll see definite changes then.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Turning on Debug Mode only allows freeze frame advance( Start + Z ).Only when debug is on will other commands work.So do this:
  • :GCLT: + :GCRT: + :GCDpad:Down,(to turn debug on)
  • then
  • :GCRT:+:GCDpad:Right.(to show hitboxes)
You'll see definite changes then.
It still won't work. Is there something wrong with the files or something?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It still won't work. Is there something wrong with the files or something?
Make sure you have a fresh game started up,then enter training.Enter in the first command.Then press Start.This should freeze the game,and if you press Z repeatedly the characters will move in slow-motion(this is frame advance).If that dosen't work,it's beyond me.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Make sure you have a fresh game started up,then enter training.Enter in the first command.Then press Start.This should freeze the game,and if you press Z repeatedly the characters will move in slow-motion(this is frame advance).If that dosen't work,it's beyond me.
Eh. I guess there really is something wrong with my files. I might try to re-download them sometime later. Thanks anyways.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm having trouble here, I have WIi U, so I use Wii classic controller... and it's not working for me... HELP!

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I have the same problem as you^

I'm using the PDP Mario controller that acts as a classic controller currently(I'm getting the Hori one soon as I bought the PDP one by accident >.>). Debug toggle doesn't even work for me at all.

Top Bottom