• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. Was coughing all night yesterday. Got some nebulizer for it and some antibiotics. Thanks for asking. : D

Damdred: You forgot me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Light Yagami's dad having the morbid composer ability makes 0 sense in the flavor, he acquired the death note and doesn't use it, he goes to the brink and backs off after seeing mello's name even though he trades for the eyes and his inability to go through with it's use results in his death.

I smell fakeclaim.
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't he use it to get the eyes to see people's names and life spans?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll just come right out and say since tip toeing around the idea won't get me anywhere:

Damdred, do you believe Alakaslam's claim about being in a three person team? Do you also have any reason to believe that Kyryk removing 3 names off of the roster was, as he claims, a sign sent out to his team?

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Was coughing all night yesterday. Got some nebulizer for it and some antibiotics. Thanks for asking. : D

Damdred: You forgot me.
Meh haste got me I suppose should of checked again

I think you are pretty towny with your ideas and seem to have some form of direction on your thought. In the town pile

Damdred

Smash Rookie
I'll just come right out and say since tip toeing around the idea won't get me anywhere:

Damdred, do you believe Alakaslam's claim about being in a three person team? Do you also have any reason to believe that Kyryk removing 3 names off of the roster was, as he claims, a sign sent out to his team?
Its very possible that Slam could have three people on his team or three people not including himself.

I don't have any reason to believe anything Kyryk says at all, and it doesn't make any sense at all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is KyryK town again? I don't remember his intentions/direction at all.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When Bats asked you if you knew a character named "Steve" in order to probe outside-communcation info from you, you said yes. That is why I've been bugging you. That implies that you've some connection with others, and I don't know a Steve in my own group and I know that my group is big. If there's another group, say 3-4, I was thinking you'd possibly have an idea about it. And when I think of either "Steve" in a group, those groups would probably be 3-4. Potentially there are three groups and yours is separate from the one they are in.

Thank you.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Strong chance for a kuz/Aoi scum team if Aoi flips scum.

Take note of the fact that neither player has shown any interest in lynching the other, but it goes deeper than that; they're literally sticking their necks out for each other.

Starting with kuz. Kuz is obviously a smart and experienced mafia player, so the fact that he's completely igomred the posibilty of Aoi bring scum throughout this game is odd. I was the first to start the push on Aoi, and kuz ignores it in favor of focusing on Gorf vs Garg. Then Mac and others join in and kuz continues to ignore it in favor of Gorf. Now that Gorf is finally out of the way and we're coming to a consensus on voting Aoi kuz STILL doesn't want to lynch him. The worst part? HE STILL WON'T ANSWER WHY. Both Mac and I asked him why Aoi isnt scum recently and he still hasn't addressed it at all. Instead he would rather try to buddy up with Mac and "do cool things." What are those cool things? Who knows, but clearly voting Aoi isn't a part of that plan.

Then we movs onto Aoi, who's had a town read on kuz throughout this entire game. But the most telling part comes from his response to Mac's townblock post (people who are obvtown). Aoi's reaction: "why isn't kuz on your list?" Aoi says this as if its obvious that hes just as town as everyone else. Ummm hello? WHEN HAVE WE EVER PAINTED KUZ AS OBVTOWN?? Why is kuz obvtown to only Aoi and at best a null read to everyone else?? Very telling post from someone who realizes they're about to be lynched. Also take note of the fact that Aoi included kuz on his list of people he'd posibilty give his gun to, DESPITE the fact that Mac blatently asked him "why is kuz obvtown? Once again, no concise answer.

FACTS:
- Aoi went out if his way to paint kuz as obvtown.
- Kuz is hardcore ignoring any push on Aoi and would STILL rather go against the majority to lynch someone else
- NEITHER PLAYER HAS YET TO MAKE A SERIOUS CLAIM AS TO WHY THE OTHER IS OBVTOWN DESPITE BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT IT.

Coincidence or scumbuddies? If Aoi flips scum I'd definitely say the latter. Either way this is yet another reason Aoi needs to go for sure.

I wanted to save this for later with more detail given until i realized needed to get this out there in case in NKed tonight. This is a phone post.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gamer your probably town and At this I really don't care if I get lynched as long as I don't get converted.

But please expand outside of my slot more.

I'm going to flip town even more so when I self vote tomorrow but you will have nothing and I'd rather you and town expanded on the nulls over sitting in a tunnel with me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Starting with kuz. Kuz is obviously a smart and experienced mafia player, so the fact that he's completely igomred the posibilty of Aoi bring scum throughout this game is odd. I was the first to start the push on Aoi, and kuz ignores it in favor of focusing on Gorf vs Garg. Then Mac and others join in and kuz continues to ignore it in favor of Gorf. Now that Gorf is finally out of the way and we're coming to a consensus on voting Aoi kuz STILL doesn't want to lynch him. The worst part? HE STILL WON'T ANSWER WHY. Both Mac and I asked him why Aoi isnt scum recently and he still hasn't addressed it at all. Instead he would rather try to buddy up with Mac and "do cool things." What are those cool things? Who knows, but clearly voting Aoi isn't a part of that plan.
**** it. I unfortunately will be V/LA for most of the next phases so won't have time to really do anything toMorrow as my finals finish next monday.

I have the morbid composer ability so I know he has a very strong potential to be telling the truth. No one else out if they are, we don't need more WIFOM. We aren't lynch Ryu. If everyone wants to focus on the WIFOM pot just let it between us 2.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
While outing that was dumb af and goes against my principle, my lack of activity for the next phase would have spelled trouble if we just lynched based on mechanics. I figure it's best for town to know that ahead of time and take it into consideration while I'm not around.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
As for my mechanic **** earlier, that was genuine. My mind is in a million different places right now as I need good grades so I didn't get a chance to really sit down and analyze this game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
lol you didnt "reel" me out of anything. I just dont want two MLs to happen in a row if I could have prevented it
I finally got both you and Aoi to respond to a problem you two have been ignoring throughout this game. I'll take that as a W.

Either way we'll make sure to use this new info to make the best decision moving forward from here, don't worry about that. This gives a lot to think about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thoughts on the responses everyone?
Think it's too risky to do this as a scum pair. At least one of them would be legit in my mind. You noticed distancing, but not so much scum distancing, but rather distancing in the form of 'Hey this guy has the same ability as me, so I'm going to stay quiet because I don't want him to die because I have EMPATHY'.

How about you, what are your thoughts on their responses? I'm more worried about those who have neglected to even post throughout DUSK though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Think it's too risky to do this as a scum pair. At least one of them would be legit in my mind.
What exactly do you mean by one of them would be legit? You mean one of them being scum?

You noticed distancing, but not so much scum distancing, but rather distancing in the form of 'Hey this guy has the same ability as me, so I'm going to stay quiet because I don't want him to die because I have EMPATHY'.
Kuz's ability claim changes a lot, but I'm not going to ignore the possibility of it being a good fakeclaim. Like I said earlier Kuz is a smart player.

How about you, what are your thoughts on their responses? I'm more worried about those who have neglected to even post throughout DUSK though.
Both are interesting responses. One says he's going to self vote and the other claimed the morbid composer ability. Going to need to reread and rethink things for a bit.

In terms of the inactives I'm worried about them as well, but I was taught that it's always best to go after scummy behavior first, then inactives second since inactives are easy for scum to hide behind. Definitely need to make more of an effort to target them in the next phase.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Legit as in not being scum.

What do you mean? Can you clarify on his ability claim changing alot?

We already did though, with Gorf. I'll have to re-read what you said for KyryK-town, but I'd like for you to re-evaluate that along with the rest of his play. How has it developed? Rajam is another that is lacking.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What do you mean? Can you clarify on his ability claim changing alot?
Aoi claimed to have the morbid composer ability earlier, and then both Holder and Adum thought it was likely a fakeclaim.
@kuz I'm Soichiro Yagami, I think Light's dad of the detectives.
Light Yagami's dad having the morbid composer ability makes 0 sense in the flavor, he acquired the death note and doesn't use it, he goes to the brink and backs off after seeing mello's name even though he trades for the eyes and his inability to go through with it's use results in his death.

I smell fakeclaim.
Now Kuz comes out and claims to have the same ability, which means if he's telling the truth there's a strong change Aoi is telling the truth about his roleclaim as well.

I have the morbid composer ability so I know he has a very strong potential to be telling the truth. No one else out if they are, we don't need more WIFOM. We aren't lynch Ryu. If everyone wants to focus on the WIFOM pot just let it between us 2.
Like I said this could all very well be a cleverly executed fakeclaim from both but if they're telling the truth we'll need to re-think our reads.

We already did though, with Gorf. I'll have to re-read what you said for KyryK-town, but I'd like for you to re-evaluate that along with the rest of his play. How has it developed? Rajam is another that is lacking.
I'll see if I can find it, but both Kyryk and Rajam's presence just haven't been felt by me throughout this game (other than Kyryk's RNG vote during RVS in the beginning) so I don't have any strong opinions on them atm.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
EBWOP - I meant to say in that first sentence "Aoi claimed to have the morbid composer ability earlier, so after he role claimed both Holder and Adum thought it was a fakeclaim"

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I should correct myself, iirc it's not absolutely stated whether he refused or simply chickened out of using it but the fact remains that given the opportunity to write names in the death note in order to beat mello and the mafia he doesn't, even though that was the objective of placing him there and him getting the eyes in the first place.

Regardless of which way it was, there's 0 chance lorewise he would have the morbid composer ability. Having the eyes is possible, but not being able to write names.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't he use it to get the eyes to see people's names and life spans?
Yes, but the composer ability is writing in death notes, given his behavior when given a death note and presented with a life or death situation where he was put in to accomplish an objective that involved writing in the death note he refused at the cost of his own life.

I mean you could argue that everyone is technically capable but obviously some people have it and some don't. If we're to look at who theoretically would use it lorewise to kill, nobody is lower on the list then Light's dad.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Aoi claimed to have the morbid composer ability earlier, and then both Holder and Adum thought it was likely a fakeclaim.

Now Kuz comes out and claims to have the same ability, which means if he's telling the truth there's a strong change Aoi is telling the truth about his roleclaim as well.

Like I said this could all very well be a cleverly executed fakeclaim from both but if they're telling the truth we'll need to re-think our reads.

I'll see if I can find it, but both Kyryk and Rajam's presence just haven't been felt by me throughout this game (other than Kyryk's RNG vote during RVS in the beginning) so I don't have any strong opinions on them atm.
Not at all, the existence and recruiting functionality is explicitly stated in the notebook that holder quoted.

That means that any scum which starts with a death note will be both aware of it and it's recruiting mechanic. As such Kuz could actually have it and Aoi Inu could've incorperated it into his fakeclaim.

Sidenote, confused at how holder has access to this, I'm sure it was previously addressed but given I'm currently in a state of no sleep from 2 workdays and finals in between leaving no time for sleep I'm unsure. Will read when I have time.

More when I get my next break if the phase isn't over.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And now, the evening report with Kiyomi Takada!

Good evening. Tonight's report may be rather unsettling in light of the sudden, unexpected death of tHe-Man.

A disturbing article, what appears to be a "death note" in keeping with Kira related serial killings in the past, was found on his person. Authorities are investigating the matter and advise caution in response to a proposed potential resurgence of related serial killings, as a sort of "revenge" for his death.

However.

Another unsettling development of their investigations thus far reveal the possibility that just such a death note was issued prior to his own demise. Since this seems to be contradictory, they have speculated that another individual and/or individuals may have adopted a similar methodology and purpose, but in rivalry to the Kira group.

If anyone has information pertaining to this likelihood, please advise the authorities. Thank you, and good evening.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Day 2 Begins!

Rajam has died during the night--a bullet through his chest..The follow items were found on his body:

FILE: WATARI

USERNAME: Rajam
IDENTIFICATION: Quillsh Wammy
ALIGNMENT: Anti-Kira
OBJECTIVE: You win if all threats to the Anti-Kira alignment are eliminated.

Active (1):
Dessert
Once, during each Dawn and Dusk phase, you may make a dessert of your choice. This dessert will be added to your items at the beginning of the following phase. Desserts have no effect.

Each night phase, a new password to the KIT HQ will be delivered to the holder of this ID.

Sniper Rifle

Chamber Status: Empty
Capacity: 3

1. Once, during any phase, this weapon may loaded by PMing the command Load [Weapon Name]: [#] Bullet(s).
2. Once, during any phase, this weapon may be unloaded by PMing the command Unload [Weapon Name]: [#] Bullet(s).
3. Once, during the Night phase, this weapon may be fired by PMing the command Shoot: [Player Name].
4. No more than one action may be performed with this weapon in any given phase.

Alive: Red Ryu, Adumbrodeus, KyryK, DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike, Mac, The Real Gamer, Holder of the Heel, Ranmaru, Alakaslam, Orboknown, Damdred, batsnacks, Gargaglione

Day 2 ends December 22, 23:59:59 GMT-7

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Rajam kill is obvious vig or sk pretending to be vig kill.

#Red Ryu cause bull****

Ok @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel , how exactly did you come to be in possession of that death note image or the information contained therin?

And lack of a mafia kill suggests they don't have the eyes, which means they need names to kill so nobody reveal names in your chatrooms.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
To hide identity is hard for the butthijole! I speak so much CHUPAZI all the time that-

Oh yeah.

Ahem.

Adopting any persona I like shouldn't be too hard. However, I haven't been particularly guarded, so in my chatroom there likely is no mafia. Or I overestimate the mafia's ability to discern my highly unusual take on everything, even when speaking normally.

Ah, going to have to agree; we still call Aoi red huh?

##Aoi Inu

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Day 2 Begins!

Rajam has died during the night--a bullet through his chest..The follow items were found on his body:

Each night phase, a new password to the KIT HQ will be delivered to the holder of this ID.

Sniper Rifle

Chamber Status: Empty
Capacity: 3

1. Once, during any phase, this weapon may loaded by PMing the command Load [Weapon Name]: [#] Bullet(s).
2. Once, during any phase, this weapon may be unloaded by PMing the command Unload [Weapon Name]: [#] Bullet(s).
3. Once, during the Night phase, this weapon may be fired by PMing the command Shoot: [Player Name].
4. No more than one action may be performed with this weapon in any given phase.

Alive: Red Ryu, Adumbrodeus, KyryK, DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike, Mac, The Real Gamer, Holder of the Heel, Ranmaru, Alakaslam, The Templar, Damdred, batsnacks, Gargaglione

Day 2 ends December 22, 23:59:59 GMT-7
I thought you replaced templar?

Top Bottom