• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
answer my 5 questions.

yes you PM Zen, i don't know the specific command.. read the rules?

why should Kuz be?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
why would you claim this publicly if scum kills with death notes?

are you claiming vig?

why was gargs higher than gorf on your scum list?

how come you only post when ppl call you out on ****?

will you scumhunt farreal tmrw?
They need a character claim I think, I was also told of I got a death note I could use it. admitting I got a gun doesn't reveal this.

Also shooting isn't that simple you gotta load up the gun with x amount if bullets abd you can only shoot that much.

Because Garg was scummier and while I am thinking about him as scum I still think you white knighting him is a load of bull.

Because I got ****ing final and I'm only checking when I can, I'm studying for sociology.

Not til finals are done.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
They need a character claim I think, I was also told of I got a death note I could use it. admitting I got a gun doesn't reveal this.

Also shooting isn't that simple you gotta load up the gun with x amount if bullets abd you can only shoot that much.

Because Garg was scummier and while I am thinking about him as scum I still think you white knighting him is a load of bull.

Because I got ****ing final and I'm only checking when I can, I'm studying for sociology.

Not til finals are done.
The reason I asked the first Q is that as town there's no reason to out that information. Since me having bullets isn't indicative of my alignment why bring it up?

the 3rd question was mostly why was gargs over gorf when your reason for voting gargs was because you didn't understand his push on gorf. when you started understanding the reasoning for GorfScum why did gargs stay higher than gorf? saying because he's scummier doesn't really answer the question

anyways imma leave you alone, gl with your finals. just send that gun off

Ronike

Smash Ace
Planning to reread a bunch after my finals to look for greater connections and such. I will say right now I don't think Ryu is the play tomorrow, or at least not automatically so. At a glance, his play is consistent with someone who just doesn't have a ton of time right now. Let's not make the same mistake that we made with Gorf, yeah? :b:

As to who is the play... well like I said, I am in desperate need of a reread for connections and such, but atm would not be opposed to a Holder play, and intend to focus on him and Ryu and their connections when I get a chance to do a reread. Gonna look at Garg too, as their are many connections with him and Gorf that can be looked at better now that we know Gorf is town, but suspect he won't be a play, more so may be someone Im willing to trust more.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Worst gun ever. I don't even want it now. What is it a muzzle-loader? Do I need black powder too?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
or so that I'm not targeted with various item stealing actions, you will give your gun to one of the town ambassadors. Your play has shown that you don't merit having a weapon. agree or disagree?
btw I did such in a town block + Kuz/Adumb.

So make of it as you will.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
also @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , if you're town you will give me your gun this phase
Be careful Mac. You're already the most accepted/influential player in the town, now you're asking for a gun with no bullets. I'm not entirely sure if there's any way a player can protect another from being written in the Death Note. Doesn't make sense with the rules of the book and not sure if any of the characters could somehow get in the way.

I agree that someone should receive it though out of those most trusted. I'm against receiving it myself though, as one of your "town ambassadors". I'm not confident I'll survive.

They need a character claim I think
Not the mafia I'm betting. It's way too convenient to give them the eyes in terms of what mafia traditionally is and the story for Zenny to not do this. Unless if we go a night where no one dies somehow I'm pretty sure that's how things are.

I was also told of I got a death note I could use it.
That also means you'd become Kira aligned. I'm not entirely sure how it'd end up in your hands though now, if you speak the truth. Kira becomes town after giving it up, he'd obviously avoid creating an enemy to his new alignment by handing it off to someone who replaces him. Nevertheless, I'm not a fan of the fact that you have this trait or at least claimed to have it all of a sudden and that you checked the guy who was putting a case on you in that moment and the fact that it doesn't have bullets for some reason. If that's true, wouldn't it only be reasonable if the person who did have them were in your outside-communication? Otherwise you'd be forced to out your role just to get them. There was no point saying anything out here if you had to say something.

In addition, Aoi was one of the people in the huge pool of people who was voting for Gorf. The probability that scum or Kira is in there is quite significant. Although you did so last minute when it had no effect which confuses me both as town and as scum.

As someone who has been questionable before, and as the person I targeted during the first day, I'm good with the idea of him being the next play overall. Especially since having a gun, being a part of a group, and having the potential to be Kira really confuses me and would provide set-up info on top of everything, which I care for. Garg also mentions that he was a big wagon before Gorf took off again so there's day-play info there to be had probably.

Although if we're going to want him gone, we could likely save a lot of time by just having Kira off him by asking Aoi to claim his name. You said you want him to commit sudoku right Mac? We could see the flip if Kira writes him down and go somewhere else Day 2. This also would prevent him from killing anyone else since Kira can only do so once per Day phase. And if Kira doesn't do it then he'll probably do it later, but if no one else dies Day 2 from Kira then I'd be inclined to think he's lying or Kira himself somehow. But what do I know, my tests are apparently bull****. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That doesn't mean I've become Kira aligned, unless I read the rules wrong, I was told in my PM if I ever got a death note I could use it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
commit sudoku
lol

and that pro-kira death note thing is really interesting holder... always coming through with the useful flavor/setup info. Not sure what to make of it but it makes me feel better about offing Ruy since if he isn't scum he at least has the capability to be. I bet his win condition isn't the conventional one too.

Ruy, is your win condition the same as Gorfs? And if not you should reveal what it is

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
You should never give me a gun regardless tbh

I make bad decisions and any power I get goes to my head immediately.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Wait. Holder's post made me realize something.

Basically, if you start off the game as anti-Kira, you turn pro-Kira if you receive a death note. At that point, can you give the death note away and become Town again, or does giving it away keep you as pro-Kira? Also, doesn't that mean that people can just start tossing each other death notes and this pretty much just becomes a cult hunt?

Someone please make sense of this because that sounds way more lame than I want to believe.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
From a balance standpoint i don't think you became antikira because then you know exactly who is scum after you pass it on
Getting to that read soon but damn you ****s posted a lot

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh so if I get or use a death note I can be converted? Welp.

I'd rather let myself get lynched than be converted.

My win con is exactly what Gorf's is.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
So we can't leave ruy alive no matter what. Even if he isn't scum, the fact that scum can add him to their ranks is too dangerous to leave around

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
So we can't leave ruy alive no matter what. Even if he isn't scum, the fact that scum can add him to their ranks is too dangerous to leave around
Are you trying to give scum room to leave themselves unaccounted for the lynch?

Boo to this logic. I would take a converted Inu over plenty of other potential players. If he's to be lynched, let it be for play alone.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yeah but by that mindset if he starts playing better and then gets converted we wouldn't really know too much until we risked a lynch on it anyways

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also Holder is right if Aoi gives up his gun he needs to randomly give it someone in the townblock w/o announcing who since there's no guarantee that we can protect Mac.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My b I missed the post where we said he gave it up, but as far as I know there's no way for us to confirm if we got it or not without letting scum know "I have the gun."

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sorry Aoi I'm trying to figure out a reson to keep you alive in the event that you're actually Town Vig but with no safe way to confirm this + the fact that you might have the ability to be converted (strange mechanic) I'm struggling to find it.

Top Bottom