• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

KyryK

Smash Cadet
I've asked Zen to find me a replacement, i'll do what i can to prevent my replacement being necessary but if things keep going like they are i'm just not gonna have the time to play this properly. I'm sorry, i'll try to get on later if i can but for now i don't have the time to do anything worthwhile.
Yeah, i'm sorry but i don't have time to play properly. If i'd known how busy i was gonna be beforehand i never would've signed up.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I'm now here as a replacement for Kyryk. I honestly originally thought this was going to be a basic game of mafia, but I think I can handle this, I'll be doing my best to read the discussion, but it would be best for me as a replacement, to have more insight on the game so far, if anyone is willing to give a summary, while I read up on the game.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ryu and kuz have claimed an ability to use a deathnote aka they can be recruited.
Mac and holder are obvtown but macs been silly as of late
Theres a lot of iutside comms
And a lot of not here people and guns or bullets floating around

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Too much information to be gained from a Ryu flip, especially a scum flip (which is likely).

Keep your eyes on the prize guys.
What is the info to be gained, exactly? Can you give insight on what would happen depending on if he flips Town/Scum if we lynch him.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There are quite a few connections that can be drawn to Ryu in the event that he flips scum. Kuz in particular would be the most obvious one for reasons I've highlighted in #968

On the flip side if Ryu flips town it makes it easier for us to look for people who have been bandwaggoning my push as well as Kuz's earlier push.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac and holder are obvtown but macs been silly as of late
if im obvtown, why do you need to know ALL of my reads right away? you don't think itd make way more sense to let others speak up first? yknow the ppl who've been contributing way less (read: 0) of their reads, and either are or have been inactive, and whom you are much less sure of their alignment

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The thought process TRG has makes sense to me, it allows us to find out whether Kuz is a scummate or not, and if Ryu turns out to be Town, it can also prevent a conversion to scum from his ability. Yet, I would like to hear more from the rest of the players before I put a lynch on Ryu.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pretty sure Zen said the next deadline is on the 22nd btw, but we really do need to hear more from other people and since I've already established what my plan of action is I'm gonna back away for a while.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Ronike fair enough, I'll reread him, but lemme be honest, I had a strong enough town read on Kuz from early play that I suspect his later defense of ryu is something else entirely. Remember, town has PRs and neighborhoods too which are not a good idea to reveal and why asking people why they're townreading somebody unless they're volunteering the info is a bad idea.

Lurkscum.

No love from Mac or Holder. batsnacks, Ryu, what do you guys think? Where should your votes be, or do you not know at the moment?
Garg, that's ridiculous. He had 18 posts day 1 + twilight 1, in a game with really short day phases. That's more then sufficent to not qualify as a lurker. He might not have hit the level of some people here but do you realize how insane it is that we're at page 29 at 40ppp in a game with such short phases?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer

Do you find Garg's desire to shift direction as notable? Or do you think he's someone to trust?
I've never had any reason to trust Garg on the same level as anyone else in the townblock, but I'm very leery of any player that is positive about someone else being scum just because of lurking (as I said earlier in the game inactives/lurkers are easy targets for scum to hide behind). Reading his latest post he clearly doesn't feel as strongly about his push as he initially did, which to me seems like he's trying to get a new wagon going just for the sake of getting a new wagon going.

I don't like that.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm currently thinking that Garg is pushing for someone else so his scummate doesn't get lynched. I think a Ryu/Garg/Kuz scumteam might be a good assumption.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Why the hell are people still trying to construct scumteams and acting off assumptions of them? It's Day 2 with 15 people. Linking people D1 (me + Gorf) was stupid as **** D1 so here's a news flash: it's still awful play and needs to stop. One at a damn time, ****.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's not solid, I'm just contributing my thoughts to the discussion. At the moment though I don't have a read on Damdred so I should go into the previous pages to see why he's suspicious

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why the hell are people still trying to construct scumteams and acting off assumptions of them? It's Day 2 with 15 people. Linking people D1 (me + Gorf) was stupid as **** D1 so here's a news flash: it's still awful play and needs to stop. One at a damn time, ****.
How is establishing "if this guy's scum then so's this guy" terrible play?

And how daf*** is dem a lurker? How does lurking = scum anyway, it's a nulltell on the most basic level.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Can't just assume anyone who doesn't want Ryu lynched is scum.

Gotta look deeper than that. In Garg's case his recent push lacks conviction, which is a stark contrast to his D1 play.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
It's not solid, I'm just contributing my thoughts to the discussion. At the moment though I don't have a read on Damdred so I should go into the previous pages to see why he's suspicious
How far into the game have you read? Can you do a brief post on your thoughts regarding the gamestate/playerlist?

adum, it's terrible play because people start salivating thinking they've cracked the game and go further in on a target not off individual scumminess, but connections they're not certain about. The human mind naturally looks for patterns, we can make connections out of the most bunk **** and it benefits scum way more than it does town. We just got burnt on D1 off of, "HERP GARG + GORF MUST BE A TEAM!!!" so you can imagine how annoyed I am to see people run into the thread doing the exact same stupid ****. It's lazy, wrong, and I'm not dealing with it anymore.

Anyways I'll talk more about Dam soon, please don't do the **** kuz did D1 and get all up in my face about it before it can play its course on its own. I ended up having to push Gorf way harder than I wanted due to everyone wanting an immediate answer.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Garg I just find it very strange that you're willing to go in depth on your reasoning AFTER you realize your push isn't gaining traction.

If you truly feel as strongly as you claim you would have presented your case first instead of saying "hey guys damdred is scum cause he's a lurker. Mac and Holder you agree right??"

Top Bottom