• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you refuse to answer questions or give any reads whatsoever yet you try to say i need to be held accountable

k buddy

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You seem to be assuming it had to be a vig shot when there is no reason to assume such, which seems to suggest you have knowledge it is a vig shot and not another source.

There were multiple better vig shot than Rajam and I stand by that.
Actually, yeah, you're right. Scum definitely nightkilled Rajam; that's who I would have shot as scum. Was it his high activity level? His amazing reads? His willingness to drum up wagons?

Oh wait, none of those happened making Rajam a vig shot much likelier. You can say there were better targets, but the man with the gun doesn't seem to agree.

Anyway, you should talk about something relevant besides even considering that Mac might be scum (seriously though?) or arguing with me about a good vig shot not getting vigged when getting vigged is the only thing that makes sense. And why are you still playing to kuz? Do you not realize that he was a prime target to have been given a death note meaning maybe that, for once, you shouldn't just blindly be his man servant?

Also I realized that if you flip Town I need to take a look at the people who called you town; you have played one of the most unfathomable games among the cast and there is no reason to have called you town. If you're looking for someone playing off known information, that's a start.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Off of the top of my head I can't think of a single person who has listed Ryu as town.

Kuz however is the only player who wants to keep him alive for whatever reason.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
*ack* *cough* Hrmm hmm eh well yeah ummmmm soooo

*COUGH* *COUGH*

How about you answer what I asked you first.

I want you accountable when I flip town.
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Hmm umm hrm ehhhh

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Off of the top of my head I can't think of a single person who has listed Ryu as town.

Kuz however is the only player who wants to keep him alive for whatever reason.
Honestly, I'd rather lynch Kyryk/Damdred then the other if one flipped town with a safety net of Alakaslam instead. I feel like that'd guarantee us at least 1 scum. It's just I promised to help kill Ryu and I have no problem doing that considering his play.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually, yeah, you're right. Scum definitely nightkilled Rajam; that's who I would have shot as scum. Was it his high activity level? His amazing reads? His willingness to drum up wagons?

Oh wait, none of those happened making Rajam a vig shot much likelier. You can say there were better targets, but the man with the gun doesn't seem to agree.

Anyway, you should talk about something relevant besides even considering that Mac might be scum (seriously though?) or arguing with me about a good vig shot not getting vigged when getting vigged is the only thing that makes sense. And why are you still playing to kuz? Do you not realize that he was a prime target to have been given a death note meaning maybe that, for once, you shouldn't just blindly be his man servant?

Also I realized that if you flip Town I need to take a look at the people who called you town; you have played one of the most unfathomable games among the cast and there is no reason to have called you town. If you're looking for someone playing off known information, that's a start.
There is little to nothing to suggest it was a vig shot, unless you think scum completely lacks night kills and hit a doc protect with death notes running around. Flavor of this game strongly suggests you can't stop a kill via a death note when it happens. Rajam shot is bad when there were at least 4-5 other slots less active and all worthly of being killed before him. You are suggesting he was 100% vig shot, which only can suggest you know the answer to this one way or another. Anything you suggest on speculation is bull and you know it.

Rajam was not the first choice and never should have been if that actually was a vig shot.

I'm asking Kuz what he thinks about Macman making those two actions, both of which are pro scum actions. Because no one in town is going to challenge a potential scum Macman until it would be too late. I'm not even sheeping him given he has posting nothing yet, I asked him a question given two actions Macman, that's all.

How does that lead to me trying to play up to him? Yes he might have been converted, but I have no way of knowing this right now outside of me trying to ask him something, eh?

The fact you would look at the people who called me town is baffling over the people who have done nothing and need to get their **** together is laughable.

Step it up if you are town.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, I get a bad feeling about this game. It's pretty unconventional and that coupled with a need for more flips and more posts from certain people has me struggling. I also wonder if the scumteam is your typical set of 3-4 players who can communicate at any time, or if they even all know each other, or if they know Kira but he doesn't know them or vice-versa. Not to introduce ****ty speculation, but I can't be the only one who feels like this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Garg is town, sloppy but town.

Kyryk on the "needs to die" list but since nobody listens to this reasoning and he's inactive as hell it's unlikely he'll make a useful slip anytime soon.

RR, you really think me or Kuz wouldn't challenge macscum? Seriously?

Honestly, I'd rather lynch Kyryk/Damdred then the other if one flipped town with a safety net of Alakaslam instead. I feel like that'd guarantee us at least 1 scum. It's just I promised to help kill Ryu and I have no problem doing that considering his play.
Think Alak's town, leaning town on damdred, would love to murder kyryk with a stick though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Garg is town, sloppy but town.

Kyryk on the "needs to die" list but since nobody listens to this reasoning and he's inactive as hell it's unlikely he'll make a useful slip anytime soon.

RR, you really think me or Kuz wouldn't challenge macscum? Seriously?

Think Alak's town, leaning town on damdred, would love to murder kyryk with a stick though.
How?

Why?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
There is little to nothing to suggest it was a vig shot, unless you think scum completely lacks night kills and hit a doc protect with death notes running around. Flavor of this game strongly suggests you can't stop a kill via a death note when it happens. Rajam shot is bad when there were at least 4-5 other slots less active and all worthly of being killed before him. You are suggesting he was 100% vig shot, which only can suggest you know the answer to this one way or another. Anything you suggest on speculation is bull and you know it.

Rajam was not the first choice and never should have been if that actually was a vig shot.

I'm asking Kuz what he thinks about Macman making those two actions, both of which are pro scum actions. Because no one in town is going to challenge a potential scum Macman until it would be too late. I'm not even sheeping him given he has posting nothing yet, I asked him a question given two actions Macman, that's all.

How does that lead to me trying to play up to him? Yes he might have been converted, but I have no way of knowing this right now outside of me trying to ask him something, eh?

The fact you would look at the people who called me town is baffling over the people who have done nothing and need to get their **** together is laughable.

Step it up if you are town.
You want a reason for Rajam being the vig shot and not the scum shot? I've got a good one for you. It's called scum having a ****ing brain. WHY would they kill him? You keep throwing all these ****ty reasons at me, but if you can't answer that question, you're stuck in the woods on some crackpot theory trying to outguess flavor. And no, they weren't worthy of being killed before him. I will shoot someone who passively pushes terrible thoughts as opposed to someone that there may be hope for with time. It's not bull, and you still need to get this **** out of here.

Fair enough with kuz.

And no Ryu, you seriously need to ask yourself how your play has been. You sheeped for the entirety of D1, fumbled with your exchange to Mac, and are now arguing stupid things that don't matter when it comes to finding scum. I'm not saying this to pick on you (well I am a little, there has been a lot of bad play and I'm a bit peeved that you have been adding to it) but to make you realize that no straight-thinking townie should have you called town. That said, I am considering how you're floundering right now almost too bad to be scum, and the fact that your gun got stolen...would scum make that up? It seems unlikely. I am thinking on this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You want a reason for Rajam being the vig shot and not the scum shot? I've got a good one for you. It's called scum having a ****ing brain. WHY would they kill him? You keep throwing all these ****ty reasons at me, but if you can't answer that question, you're stuck in the woods on some crackpot theory trying to outguess flavor. And no, they weren't worthy of being killed before him. I will shoot someone who passively pushes terrible thoughts as opposed to someone that there may be hope for with time. It's not bull, and you still need to get this **** out of here.

Fair enough with kuz.

And no Ryu, you seriously need to ask yourself how your play has been. You sheeped for the entirety of D1, fumbled with your exchange to Mac, and are now arguing stupid things that don't matter when it comes to finding scum. I'm not saying this to pick on you (well I am a little, there has been a lot of bad play and I'm a bit peeved that you have been adding to it) but to make you realize that no straight-thinking townie should have you called town. That said, I am considering how you're floundering right now almost too bad to be scum, and the fact that your gun got stolen...would scum make that up? It seems unlikely. I am thinking on this.
The issue is, you claimed inherit knowledge that it was a vig shot. When with the lack of a second kill and the like we don't have anything to suggest it directly was a vig shot. You're either making a guess, unfounded, or you have knowledge that it was.

I think in this game with the ammount of unreadable slots worse than Rajam, if you thought he was, or inactives that would have been the better way to go.

Let's not play the blame game here and instead ask what you plan on doing with the four, Slam/damdred/kyryk/DJCrinkleCut.

I either want all of them to die or can't get any read on them and a lot of town doesn't seem to have an idea of what their alignment is in one way or another. If they do I am interested in why they have any idea on their alignment when I pretty much got nothing on all four and expect them to show up in lylo of end game.

You seem to think there is no reason for someone to call me town, but have not asked or seem to be interested in why right now instead of later. When asking now can actually get some work done ahead of time and get an idea of calling them out for later if it is bullcrap?

Maybe you wanna try instead of posting garbage pot shots at me?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No I asked you first and you ignored the question.

Please go back and answer it.
you refuse to answer questions or give any reads whatsoever yet you try to say i need to be held accountable

k buddy
First Garg/Kuz, now you two?

What is with you guys and just answering god damn questions? :laugh: Who cares who said what first, if you've something to reply with, share it. Simple as that when town.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Firstly, terminology issue, in this game mafia = pro-kira faction, which would include Kira himself. The mafia from the source could exist but their membership falls into the anti-kira faction, though they could have other wincons as well, in essence being a third party, but as of right now no evidence they exist in game.
I'd prefer if we referred to two different types of entities separately since it is less confusing, whether they exist or not.

Targetting marks it as vigkill, rajam makes no sense as a mafia kill unless he was the only possible target which I HIGHLY doubt.
You want a reason for Rajam being the vig shot and not the scum shot? I've got a good one for you. It's called scum having a ****ing brain. WHY would they kill him?
Rajam needn't be the only possible target, he was Wammy and thus likely a PR. And even if there aren't eyes, unfortunately he was easily the most obvious to kill; I knew with 100% certainty who he was directly before coming into this phase and I'm confident so did multiple others.

Also kuz was obviously the best vig shot. We might end up wasting two days killing players that have the power to convert, neither player being very appetizing to keep from a gameplay standpoint either comparatively speaking. Rajam's reads were odd and he posted little, but that doesn't really make him stand out when compared to some others who didn't bother scum reading at all or contributed even less.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ryu its easy to criticize the possible vig shot on Rajam in retrospect but where were you d1 when his name was being tossed around, why didn't you speak up then? why is this the only topic you choose to expand on, why are you so much more unhelpful than you were during Gorf's mini when you were town?

I don't understand why you're saying i need to be held accountable, clearly I am the #1 person pushing you (save maybe TRG), everyone knows i think you're scum. What scum reads have you had that weren't just blatant sheeps of other people? what scum reads do you even have in general?

oh but it looks like you're going the easy route and saying all the inactives should die / be copped. wow great input from #1 scum hunter Red Ryu

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I will help you lynch Kyryk tomorrow. Also, talk to me about direction past Ryu/Kyryk. You've thrown out a lot of town reads. Is Ronike still among them?

Holder, what evidence in Rajam's posts made you conclude that he was Watari?

To be fair Mac, Ryu has a point about those inactives and is unnecessarily bringing attention to at least one of his partners (no way they are all town) if he is scum.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I work a bunch in the next two days, so I prolly won't be around for like the next 30 hours much, but I am done with school and finals, so thats a thing. :b:

I have begun to read through the thread more closely, specifically at TRG, Ryu, and Garg has garnered my interest as well. Nothin much to share so far, I didn't get super far, but hopefully I will have more to share soon...ish.

Ryu does seem like he has to be the play today, if only for the whole cultist thing, but I will let y'all know who I think the play for toMorrow is based on my reread.

I also want to corroborate what Holder is saying about Raj being obvious, along with a cautionary note: I've said the number of people in my room, so its pretty obvious to those in the know which room I'm in. To the people in my room: the things that were said to Raj? Keep in mind they swing both ways. Be careful what you post.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu its easy to criticize the possible vig shot on Rajam in retrospect but where were you d1 when his name was being tossed around, why didn't you speak up then? why is this the only topic you choose to expand on, why are you so much more unhelpful than you were during Gorf's mini when you were town?

I don't understand why you're saying i need to be held accountable, clearly I am the #1 person pushing you (save maybe TRG), everyone knows i think you're scum. What scum reads have you had that weren't just blatant sheeps of other people? what scum reads do you even have in general?

oh but it looks like you're going the easy route and saying all the inactives should die / be copped. wow great input from #1 scum hunter Red Ryu
I didn't speak up because I frankly would think a vig would shoot among the four names I dropped over Rajam. This is still unproven either way.

You did two things that caught my eye yesterday both of which I found to be far more pro scum. The first was asking all the people who could be converted to claim, this is very scummy because town doesn't benefit from knowing this unless they know someone was converted with absolute certainty. With a mass claim like that you would be directly helping scum know who they could convert.

The second was how I had to die no matter what since even if town I had to die due to my morbid part. You were giving a lot of players an easy out to lynching me instead of actual dedication like Gamer has vs a lot of people who have been tacking on votes. They can't be held accountable and make it harder on my town flip for people to actually judge them since you directly were giving them an easy out to lynching me vs actually making a hard stance.

Answer my question of who you think is scum other than me, because unlike Gamer I expect a lot more from you of you playing around here more often. Otherwise I'm A-ok with just dying and questioning people vs answering you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I work a bunch in the next two days, so I prolly won't be around for like the next 30 hours much, but I am done with school and finals, so thats a thing. :b:

I have begun to read through the thread more closely, specifically at TRG, Ryu, and Garg has garnered my interest as well. Nothin much to share so far, I didn't get super far, but hopefully I will have more to share soon...ish.

Ryu does seem like he has to be the play today, if only for the whole cultist thing, but I will let y'all know who I think the play for toMorrow is based on my reread.

I also want to corroborate what Holder is saying about Raj being obvious, along with a cautionary note: I've said the number of people in my room, so its pretty obvious to those in the know which room I'm in. To the people in my room: the things that were said to Raj? Keep in mind they swing both ways. Be careful what you post.
Ummm, yeah no.

I want you to give more than that for some substance on why we should let people off me without really looking elsewhere.

If people are deadset on lynching me, I don't care. But not at the expense of getting nothing done.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
If there is anyone who possesses the Morbid Composer ability but is in fact a townie, please step forward because remaining silent about it hurts town.
This has been nagging at me the whole night, why suggest this? What could the town possibly have to gain from this?

I don't think lynching Red Ryu is a good idea. Why exactly do you guys think he's so scummy? Because he roleclaimed?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd prefer if we referred to two different types of entities separately since it is less confusing, whether they exist or not.

Rajam needn't be the only possible target, he was Wammy and thus likely a PR. And even if there aren't eyes, unfortunately he was easily the most obvious to kill; I knew with 100% certainty who he was directly before coming into this phase and I'm confident so did multiple others.

Also kuz was obviously the best vig shot. We might end up wasting two days killing players that have the power to convert, neither player being very appetizing to keep from a gameplay standpoint either comparatively speaking. Rajam's reads were odd and he posted little, but that doesn't really make him stand out when compared to some others who didn't bother scum reading at all or contributed even less.
People knew this?

I didn't pick any of this up personally.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This has been nagging at me the whole night, why suggest this? What could the town possibly have to gain from this?

I don't think lynching Red Ryu is a good idea. Why exactly do you guys think he's so scummy? Because he roleclaimed?
Because I sheeped another player earlier on and was seen as a hypocrite when I called out another player on it even though I explained multiple times why it wasn't the same.

Who do you think is scum right now though?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't realize until we discussed it further that it was a bad idea and that it might lead to creating a greater number of Kiras rather than just switching who they are.

It's curious that Aoi is getting onto Mac for initially agreeing with the idea, but ignoring me despite I having been the one to propose it. He doesn't even acknowledge it when he quotes this post here.

People knew this?

I didn't pick any of this up personally.
I already explained. I know at least one person probably figured it out.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

have you read the thread?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No, Mac, please don't.

Ryu, I know it's frustrating that Mac is pushing your lynch, but you are reaching if you think it's coming from anything outside a townie mindset. You need to look elsewhere and pressure others if you're genuine about grabbing information that can be used past your lynch. We need stances from others and I don't want scum potentially piggybacking off of Mac.

Also, Slam pushed your lynch late yesterday. He said "we switch" or something to that effect and made a few posts saying you were the best lynch as we neared deadline.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No, Mac, please don't.

Ryu, I know it's frustrating that Mac is pushing your lynch, but you are reaching if you think it's coming from anything outside a townie mindset. You need to look elsewhere and pressure others if you're genuine about grabbing information that can be used past your lynch. We need stances from others and I don't want scum potentially piggybacking off of Mac.

Also, Slam pushed your lynch late yesterday. He said "we switch" or something to that effect and made a few posts saying you were the best lynch as we neared deadline.
You acknowledged he pushed for two scummy things yesterday I pointed out. What do you think of those?

Also what do you think of damdred?

Red Ryu- The claim makes sense in context of the flavour even though the posting looks scummy to me at points I think NKs will resolve it and I believe the claim so into the town pile, unless they get CC'd of course.
And then suddenly,

##Red Ryu
Yes he made it very clear he thought Slam wasn't playing like his town self and then made it a point he didn't like him,

Alakaslam- This is not town slam, he hasn't done anything insightful hes not looking through the eyes of chupanzi at all for him. He is scum.
I'm curious and want to press why he hasn't taken an issue with Slam right now and ok with voting someone he called a town read going into the night phase.

Top Bottom