• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I thought you were being cheeky because everyone who acknowledged that vote did not like it. :laugh:

You're literally the first.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Why would anyone post "hmm. Well" or "ummmmmmm...." Or "wait I lost all this stuff all the time"

Looking at TL I found I often posted the same shizang. I will be reevaluating aoi lynch of red ryu.

In understanding of this, I don't care to be scumread but if it will happen it will happen

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@KyryK Didn't you say your group was three members including yourself? Is that right?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus

The bolded is where I got the impression that you were just hopping the "Garg won't answer kuz" wagon because my comment about kuz not pushing Gorf only came as a result of me not answering him!

You should join the town sometime. Who else is even scum?

*cough* *cough* Bullsh**

Even if I believe you thought that's what I meant by "pushing against Kuz" the action wasn't why I said I was scumreading your slot, I even said explicitly that when I thought it was just an ego clash I didn't have a scumread on you. I said it was the reason for your action that made me scumread your slot.

Die scum die.

I'll humor you though, KyryK is als scum.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
And if yes, does that group of three have absolutely zero connection to any other individual in this game?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@Mac

Commentary on my reasoning for wanting to murder garg?
So I still think your reasoning is off. I don't really think Gargs was tryna push Kuz for him not getting on the gorf wagon, since while he was ******** at Kuz about that, he was also saying he still thinks Kuz is likely town. I think you were right before when you said Kuz vs Gargs seemed more like an ego-clash and **** measuring

@DJCrinkleCut Have you played mafia before? I know Ronike asked but I didn't see an answer, what is your mafia experience like?

You're town, and i can say that with absolute (read: 50-65%) certainty.
sum1 asks why then:
Because of everything he said on the last page. Not content wise because i didn't really understand it, but that's the point. Slam posts in a very specific way as town that's easy to see if you play with him enough. Seriously, if Slam makes sense he's more often than not scum, if he phrases things in such a way so they look like nonsense while actually having a message behind them, something he's certainly done on the last page but i currently have no idea what he was trying to say, then he's likely town.
so I think this is a town tell for kyryk. I think as scum, there'd be no reason for Kyryk to offer up this information. Alakslam is new to smashboards and ppl aren't familiar with his style. Most people hate it probably and support for his lynch has been thrown about. As scum why would Kyryk defend Alakaslam in this way when he could have just easily said nothing? Regardless of whether or not alakaslum is scum with Kyryk or is town, I just don't see any benefit for Kyryk to randomly bring this up out of the blue

@#HBC | Ranmaru, I'm not feeling the holder case. While his Red Ruy gambit bull**** was terrible, I CAN see the townie intent in it. I don't think he was trying to justify that vote in retrospect either, looks like (SOMEHOW) he really thought that that play might actually be useful. I did get the sense he legit had an issue with TRG. Also I do get a townie vibe from most of his other posts. I still don't understand his point about ppl not in a room being more likely scum and his read on bats cuz of it, but his intent seems legitimate and it feels like he thinks it's a strong point.

My gratuitous apologies, I somewhat lack the time to go back and extensively read over the day like I had planned to. That being said, the biggest thing that stands out to me is your Holder push.

Honestly? If it weren't for one particular thing, I wouldn't really see the case at all, as Holder has been active, engaged, and fairly interesting. HOWEVER, his gambit moving onto Ryu was kind of weird, especially as he didn't follow up on it at all. BUT EVEN MORE SO, you point out in your post, he moved his vote over to Ryu, and then left it there, even after rather thoroughly defending him. And out of all your points, this is the one Holder flat out, completely ignores. Doesn't even mention just forgetting to switch his vote or anything, just out and out ignores, and then seemingly tries to find anything else to talk about for the rest of the day, jumping onto slam, doing more setup speculation, and just deflecting into questions aimed at other people. All of the sudden, seems rather scummy to me.

Maybe, 37:63 scum:town ratio. Honestly, if we had time to swing the lynch over there, I'd say do it, but we don't have the time or personel I think.

Slam is just an entirely null read to me, I cannot understand his play, which will be a problem for me going forward I think. Hopefully someone can help? Please? :awesome:

Rajam is garbage and I agree with sentiments to have Vig off him.

Find myself extensively wondering what Bingo mafia people are talking about, and would like said game linked myself.

DtjCrinkle (or w/e) isnt my favorite either. Strikes me as coasting, though may just be busy. Templar at this point Ive resigned myself to the fact that he prolly will get replaced as he cant get onto the site or w/e.
hm, ronike what happened to your Aoi Inu scumread mentioned here?
Aoi Inu 60:40, Blames others of playing to the crowd, when admits to sheeping himself, weird nigh instant flip from TRG to Garg

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So I am going to dub @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer , @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel , @#HBC | Ranmaru, and yours truly the Town Ambassadors. We are all clearly town and everyone should listen to what we have to say. @ batsnacks batsnacks can join too with his specific duty being to help us figure out if Alakaslam or Damdred is scum (imma really need you on this)

In a similar note, in light of the recent Gorf townflip I want to say I am dissapoint at @th3kuzinator, @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , @ Gargaglione Gargaglione , @Ronike (and yours truly again I guess). For a group of players that seem clearly skilled we are dropping the ball and it makes me wonder which one of you is scum. We need to step it up tmrw

to follow, my post highlighting why Aoi Inu is obvscum and why y'all should be ashamed for not seeing it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I swear Mac is my twin.

We've literally been on the same wavelength for nearly the entire game, but Mac is better at organizing his thoughts (something I'll get better at with more experience).

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Was a rough day at work yesterday and i passed out.

Anyway I voted Red because, the vote that they put down was absolutely horrible. Which I somewhat mentioned in my vote post, the vote felt like they were just throwing down a vote to stay hidden and stay out of questionable zones. Red had done nothing but sheep basically all day and argue about the sheeping and then just sheeped onto the main wagon. And I thought it was super scummy

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
So I am going to dub @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer , @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel , @#HBC | Ranmaru, and yours truly the Town Ambassadors. We are all clearly town and everyone should listen to what we have to say. @ batsnacks batsnacks can join too with his specific duty being to help us figure out if Alakaslam or Damdred is scum (imma really need you on this)

In a similar note, in light of the recent Gorf townflip I want to say I am dissapoint at @th3kuzinator, @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , @ Gargaglione Gargaglione , @Ronike (and yours truly again I guess). For a group of players that seem clearly skilled we are dropping the ball and it makes me wonder which one of you is scum. We need to step it up tmrw

to follow, my post highlighting why Aoi Inu is obvscum and why y'all should be ashamed for not seeing it.
Dude, please, we mislynched D1 in a 17 man game. How criminal. You're a good enough player to know that it's okay to mislynch so long as it can be used to turn things around when it matters.

If there is scum in that pool, it's probably between adum/Ronike. That's for later in the game though.

If Inu is alive tomorrow, I will help you lynch him. If he's dead, I will probably just jump up and down screaming for Town to kill Rajam.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
WHY AOI INU IS OBVSCUM:

Firstly, everyone quickly check out TRG's posts here calling Aoi Inu out for his gross wagon hopping behavior: #407, #408 and my #284. From this you can see Aoi Inu seems to be just going with popular opinion and isn't really coming to his own conclusion but sheeping off of others.

also:
@ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel please go back and read page 5 and tell me Aoi's posting patterns aren't that of a player that is acting reactively rather than proactively (sheeping instead of scumhunting), being noncommittal (no firm stances in any of his "reads"), and attempting to fly under the radar (only answering questions when asked).
not just Holder but everyone should do this.

This should be enough to show that Aoi Inu looks shady as hell, but let me continue..

Hmm yeah I can see it more from this. Not sure I would link them as mates but I would say how Garg went on Gorf did seem odd since I wasn't sure where the jump came from.
Note his initial reason for voting Gargs and the fact that he doesn't see Gorf as scum at this point. We'll come back to it later

The following is from Aoi Inu's huge posts explaining his behavior wrt his ****ty hop on the Gargs wagon
His push to me is that Garg made a huge jump on Gorf off his post on his read on Bat. I don't agree with Gorf's read but I do see how he might have read batscum off that early on and how Gorf has played recently how he might reach those conclusions.

I don't agree with how Gorf pushed early on, but from a town perspective I can see how he went the direction he did.

Garg in turn is putting this huge push on Gorf off that and later pots on the subject of his early reads on posts. Garg in turn still hasn't addressed this to my knowledge and his push on Gorf looks worse to me because it looks incredibly forced.
Basically Aoi Inu is saying that unlike Gorfs push on Bats, he doesn't understand the reasoning for Gargs push on Gorf and that the push seems forced. While this reason is already mad weak, that's not even my main issue with it.

Top 3 scum? Best I would say is Garg, and maybe Gorf because to be quite frank I'm starting to see a bit more why some people want him dead but I'm not convinced he is given how he might have read that. I did look at Garg's three posts he linked to and I read them more indepth than I did the first time.

So I see it, but I'm not convinced over Garg right now.
Ruy states his scum reads, and it's no surprise that he continues to sheep the conventional wagons of the thread, adding Gorf to his scum list. What is particularly outrageous about this is that from the 2 quotes I mentioned prior to this, Ruy states his reasoning for Gargscum was cuz he didn't understand the push. Yet here he ADMITS that he can see the reasoning for Gorf scum and in addition to that he clearly agrees with it (as shown by the addition to his scum list). yet SOMEHOW garg is still higher on the scum list despite the fact that his reasoning for scum reading gargs was that he couldn't understand the push.

so I asked Aoi Inu why Garg's was above Gorf on his scum list, but he has yet to get back to me.

You can further read me ****ting on Aoi Inu for this topic in my post here: #480

So Ruy 3 scum reads in this game thus far have been:
  • TRG, his reason being Garg's initial reason for voting TRG
  • Garg, his reason being Kuz's initial reason for voting Garg
  • Gorf, he doesn't really expand on his reasoning beside saying he agrees with Garg's reason for voting Gorf.
He's just sheeping other people on popular wagons and he blatantly admits this. Beyond this, he has done literally NOTHING else this entire game. For all the posts he has, he has not once given any original thoughts on anything in the game. That's scummy as ****

And then on top of that he's taking forever to answer simple questions to the point that it just seems like he's tryna avoid ****

so Aoi Inu is clearly scum, and if you are the vig and don't shoot him tonight, then you are truly ****ing up. And don't even bother wasting an investigation on this scummy ass slot

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Dude, please, we mislynched D1 in a 17 man game. How criminal. You're a good enough player to know that it's okay to mislynch so long as it can be used to turn things around when it matters.

If there is scum in that pool, it's probably between adum/Ronike. That's for later in the game though.

If Inu is alive tomorrow, I will help you lynch him. If he's dead, I will probably just jump up and down screaming for Town to kill Rajam.
i'm mostly salty that none of you guys were with me on Aoi Inu scum, and all the bickering that's gone down between us.

@Rajam, you really need to get caught up, that posting from the historical archives **** ain't legit

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
*cough* *cough* Bullsh**

Even if I believe you thought that's what I meant by "pushing against Kuz" the action wasn't why I said I was scumreading your slot, I even said explicitly that when I thought it was just an ego clash I didn't have a scumread on you. I said it was the reason for your action that made me scumread your slot.

Die scum die.

I'll humor you though, KyryK is als scum.
That post I quoted where you voted me started off with mentioning the "ego clash"; it turns out I didn't read your post as carefully as I should have. I think you're really overestimating how clear your reasoning was for pushing me in that post.
would scum push SvS strong on you guys if they knew you both were town tho?
Hm. I should have said that scum would take advantage of our TvT clash instead. I said SvS because I still don't know why people would try to peg a team off of 1 post like that, it seems farfetched enough that my first thought is that it was likelier to be a made up thought.

@#HBC | Ranmaru

I'm not feeling the case on Holder or Slam scum atm. Holder is a straight null to me, I can't get much out of all his flavor analysis and more confuses me than anything. Slam...I don't know, maybe if Damdred flipped Town? I've had this feeling that there was scum between Slam/Kyryk/Damdred for a while now, so with people saying Kyryk is town I'd consider Slam if Damdred flipped town, who I feel is scummier individually than Slam. That's if I didn't just decide to say "**** your town reads" and push Kyryk anyway; having difficulty with that triangle but I'm confident that something of worth is there.

Also, Holder is a damn terrible investigative slot. Investigate someone who WILL be here for endgame like Orbo, Djc, Kyryk, or Damdred.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I haven't read the last 4ish pages but Damdred is town. You'll have to take my word for it for now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
WHY AOI INU IS OBVSCUM:

Firstly, everyone quickly check out TRG's posts here calling Aoi Inu out for his gross wagon hopping behavior: #407, #408 and my #284. From this you can see Aoi Inu seems to be just going with popular opinion and isn't really coming to his own conclusion but sheeping off of others.

also:

not just Holder but everyone should do this.

This should be enough to show that Aoi Inu looks shady as hell, but let me continue..

Note his initial reason for voting Gargs and the fact that he doesn't see Gorf as scum at this point. We'll come back to it later

The following is from Aoi Inu's huge posts explaining his behavior wrt his ****ty hop on the Gargs wagon

Basically Aoi Inu is saying that unlike Gorfs push on Bats, he doesn't understand the reasoning for Gargs push on Gorf and that the push seems forced. While this reason is already mad weak, that's not even my main issue with it.

Ruy states his scum reads, and it's no surprise that he continues to sheep the conventional wagons of the thread, adding Gorf to his scum list. What is particularly outrageous about this is that from the 2 quotes I mentioned prior to this, Ruy states his reasoning for Gargscum was cuz he didn't understand the push. Yet here he ADMITS that he can see the reasoning for Gorf scum and in addition to that he clearly agrees with it (as shown by the addition to his scum list). yet SOMEHOW garg is still higher on the scum list despite the fact that his reasoning for scum reading gargs was that he couldn't understand the push.

so I asked Aoi Inu why Garg's was above Gorf on his scum list, but he has yet to get back to me.

You can further read me ****ting on Aoi Inu for this topic in my post here: #480

So Ruy 3 scum reads in this game thus far have been:
  • TRG, his reason being Garg's initial reason for voting TRG
  • Garg, his reason being Kuz's initial reason for voting Garg
  • Gorf, he doesn't really expand on his reasoning beside saying he agrees with Garg's reason for voting Gorf.
He's just sheeping other people on popular wagons and he blatantly admits this. Beyond this, he has done literally NOTHING else this entire game. For all the posts he has, he has not once given any original thoughts on anything in the game. That's scummy as ****

And then on top of that he's taking forever to answer simple questions to the point that it just seems like he's tryna avoid ****

so Aoi Inu is clearly scum, and if you are the vig and don't shoot him tonight, then you are truly ****ing up. And don't even bother wasting an investigation on this scummy *** slot
You're right, except I've only been doing this when I agreed or changed my mind on something. Pretty much why I unvoted Garg and wanted to reread due to his post showcasing why he wanted Gorf dead again.

I did explain my reason to push Garg back in my post back to you and showed clear understanding of why I read him like I did.

Nice to call out my scum reads but I'm not reading TRG as scum atm.

Garg I'm rethinking.

And past that I got slots I despise, Alakaslam.

And yes, I am not getting immediately back to you, probably because I got finals and other stuff going on like I mentioned.

Also I checked if you had bullets, you aren't carrying any so you most likely don't have a gun like I do.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not a gun, bullets.

They are separate, and I'm guessing another investigator has them while I have the gun that isn't loaded with any.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Elaborate.
Already have, my reasons

You can rail on me for that when garg inevitably flips scum, I said gorf wasn't independently scummy.

As for scum in the group, *cough cough* garg.

Need to let the Aoi Inu slot percolate, bingo illustrated to me that I'm way behind in understanding his thought patterns.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That post I quoted where you voted me started off with mentioning the "ego clash"; it turns out I didn't read your post as carefully as I should have. I think you're really overestimating how clear your reasoning was for pushing me in that post.
You know this is the first time I'm actually questioning this read, I had you pegged for a decent player which is why I drew lie from it.

But are you really lying again in such a transparent way. Not only is that a paragraph of a much larger post but looking at the section I quoted:

Wait.... is Garg really pushing against Kuz because he went back on his word to lynch gorf? At first I thought it was just an ego clash but holding this promise as somehow relevant, just no, this is shady as f***, I can see 0 town intent from this.
Saying that you got that impression because ego clash was at the start of the post when it wasn't and even the section where I mentioned ego clash, it's between two clauses attacking you based on your holding kuz to the promise.

I'm having trouble believing that you'd think somebody would actually buy this lie, which leave incompetency and recolors the entire prior exchanges as potential weaknesses of reading comprehension. Need to let this percolate.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
So the guy that everyone wants to vig is supposedly the vig with no bullets...and even if he actually is the vig the guy who can provide him with ammo won't want to do so because half the game wants him dead...

Oh well Ruy, at least you flipping Town would make Rajam more obvious for townreading you at a point where no one in their right mind would be doing so.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So the guy that everyone wants to vig is supposedly the vig with no bullets...and even if he actually is the vig the guy who can provide him with ammo won't want to do so because half the game wants him dead...

Oh well Ruy, at least you flipping Town would make Rajam more obvious for townreading you at a point where no one in their right mind would be doing so.
Scum kills with death notes.

I hope you realize this. Granted I think they can kill with stuff they take from us but w/e.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Damn adum, I know how to read and I'm not terrible at mafia, I probably just skimmed your post and misunderstand your reason due to language shenanigans -_-

Anyways, feel like I've been posting too much so I'll be back later.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also I checked if you had bullets, you aren't carrying any so you most likely don't have a gun like I do.
why would you claim this publicly if scum kills with death notes?

are you claiming vig?

why was gargs higher than gorf on your scum list?

how come you only post when ppl call you out on ****?

will you scumhunt farreal tmrw?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
if you're claiming vig, it's honestly the best plan of action for you to find some way to commit seppuku cuz you WILL be lynched tomorrow.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Nevermind, a thought just occurred to me.

Should we have a player claim if they have bullets and force them to give them to Inu? Then, we can force Inu to shoot Rajam! It's dusk, so we still have time for this if we move fast.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
or so that I'm not targeted with various item stealing actions, you will give your gun to one of the town ambassadors. Your play has shown that you don't merit having a weapon. agree or disagree?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also if you're town you should DEFINITELY give away your gun now that you revealed it because scum will probably steal it from you.

that also works because noone should give you bullets cause I don't trust you with having the ability to shoot someone

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Damn adum, I know how to read and I'm not terrible at mafia, I probably just skimmed your post and misunderstand your reason due to language shenanigans -_-

Anyways, feel like I've been posting too much so I'll be back later.
Well I consider most players incompetent at mafia :p

That said, reading comprehension is incredibly important in this game, I can understand misreading in an initial skim (we all do whether we admit it or not) but when it's a basic point of facts that was brought up again and again and is central to a case that somebody is making, probably you probably should double check to make sure you didn't **** up your read.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Agreed that Aoi should give up the gun. If he's really town I don't see why he'd have a problem with giving them up to someone in the townblock.

Top Bottom