• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but like others have said, the number is high enough that is seems ridiculous for everyone in it to be town

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I
i don't see a relevant reason for divulging that info

i def said diverging instead of divulging b4, smh
Well if there are e.g. 3 people in your group, 4 people in person's group, and 5 people in other person's group.... That would be useful info.

i don't see any risk if your name is not even tied to the identity you were given.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've never played in a game where we could communicate outside of the gsmethread before so I'm still not quite sure how it works.

Should I share how many peeps are in my rooms as well or no?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so if we say how many ppl are in our rooms, i feel like that would just out the number of rooms there are in this game. I'm not sure I see the benefit from a town perspective for doing that but i could be persuaded

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I don't see the benefit in claiming we have access if we're not going to use that info. It's not like mafia doesn't know who's town in their room(s).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but they might not know of all the rooms that exist, maybe there ARE rooms that are town confirmed that scum doesn't know about. i would assume that we wouldn't want to make it too obvious about their existence. there's still benefit in claiming cuz it limits scums actions in how they fake claim later

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
but they might not know of all the rooms that exist, maybe there ARE rooms that are town confirmed that scum doesn't know about. i would assume that we wouldn't want to make it too obvious about their existence. there's still benefit in claiming cuz it limits scums actions in how they fake claim later
You said your room was too big to be town only.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So basically the more peeps a chat room the greater chance of there being scum in it?

IMO if there are town-only chatrooms we should definitely keep that on the DL without hinting about who might be in it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If everyone shares how many peeps are in their rooms we're letting mafia know:

1- how many rooms there are
and more importantly
2- which people are in non-mafia rooms

0 reason to share this info.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
If everyone shares how many peeps are in their rooms we're letting mafia know:

1- how many rooms there are
and more importantly
2- which people are in non-mafia rooms

0 reason to share this info.
I don't want to know how many people are in all the rooms, I just want to know how many people are in mac's room.

Mac's room is allegedly too big not to have moles. Mafia already probably know which room is Mac's just by virtue of there being a lot of people in it. I could probably guess at least two people who are in Mac's room with that info alone.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Then I'd suggest you and Mac keep that info to yourself since the more peeps that hint they're in Macs room the less peeps mafia have to worry about.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Its really not that hard to figure out. People have, for some reason, been commenting whether their group is "big" or not.

Which is weird imo. Makes you wonder if they might be comparing.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well that needs to stop, like now.

"Hey mafia there's like 10 people in my huge ass chatroom and I'm totally not helping you narrow down who might be in a town-only room."

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Have fun reading. :)

Now that I have a better understanding of how this game works I just reread some stuff and I clearly missed out on cues that I should have picked up on much earlier.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Liking Mac and Ronike a lot

KyryK needs to be murdered with a wooden spoon, his RVS play is fake as hell.

Not sure on Kuz yet.

Batsnacks is pretty obviously town... the kind of of town I never wanna hear from again.

Gorf also needs the spoon.

##Gorf

Being annoying is not alignment indicative.

And I'm the most town read person in this game because of it. Why should I stop?

Are you jealous scum?
Would be nice if you did something useful in the game too, your objective in mafia is not to get not lynched unless you're mafia, it's to kill scum.

still have yet to hear from these guys, where y'all at?

@DJCrinkleCut
@TheTemplar
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus (tho prolly a good thing cuz he would derailed my plan to get info about claims worse than batsnacks did)
Haha not this time, I actually like it because I'm getting a distinct "code geass mafia" vibe from this game so I think it's fruitful this game :p

I agree with you here, I think we're all in outside communication groups. Furthermore I think we need to hammer out ways to figure out whose in our rooms as of right now because it's definitely going to be relevant due to the password delivery mechanic, to our fellow players in the room.

Unsure if scum started out with any IDs from people who aren't in the game or are expected to fakeclaim using IDs, gut feeling it's the latter but too easily ruined by, you know the actual person who has the ID dying or the people in the room establishing who they actually are too quickly so Zen's probably too good as a host to make that mistake.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, I don't mean in this thread, I mean confirm who we are to the others in our room, it confirming who we are here would be dumb.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone should know the number of groups purely through their role PM as a townie. Outside of the possibility Kira has a separate group of his own with a second Kira. Those who do not know this make me question their allegiances as for some reason they were not given the same win condition.

If there is one that is nine, that is certainly not another group that, as a townie, again I know to exist (go look for yourselves if you are on the side of the town). With knowledge of the characters within the original story, I know that if I add the number of members that must be in that group, the number of people with outside-communications against Kira/Mafia is nearly the entire roster of players. The mafia themselves will have outside communications because they're mafia. In the story there are multiple notable characters, the most notable of which I said before, and that's roughly the amount of mafia members we're going to have in the game.

Kira kills through the Death Note, meaning he must match our usernames with our IDs, either by infiltrating these communication groups, very likely to be the supposed "9" member group, or through the method the mafia no doubt has: shinigami eyes. In the anime/manga, the owner of a Death Note can make a deal with the god of death that possesses them (not likely to be a player since they are immortal and invisible) to see the names of everyone person they see, therefore allowing them to forego the process of matching usernames to IDs. They must have this because it allows the mafia to be a traditional mafia, and likely, they do not have direct affiliation with the taskforces hunting Kira (although they cannot be on the same team, as Kira hates criminals even more than us).

Kira having the eyes is questionable, given that would mean every day phase, either in this one or from the next onward, would involve someone dying, in addition to the Night from the mafia. If that happens though, I suppose it's the truth, unless the group that deceased member is in feels that making the connection to username and ID was obvious and therefore Kira must be among their members. While Mac says that it would be absurd for this not to be the case, which I do agree with, at the same time I do not see Light Yagami being in either group, but surely he is within this game (he was the MC after all), and I'd presume, just as the video suggests, and how at the moment we've no reason to suspect differences in the function character roles work in relation to the source material, I'm inclined to put him as suspect numero uno to be Kira.

In conclusion, townies, regardless of group, should understand that we aren't "masons", that it isn't a PR because it's the definitive feature of being townie, and that it is not something to "speculate" the existence of for naturally we know it to exist by being part of it. Therefore, Bats makes me scurred, and I think I have at least decent reason to feel that way. If there is an explanation of this, which I'm very open to the possibility of, then I'd like to hear it. There might be something huge I'm overlooking.

I agree with you here, I think we're all in outside communication groups. Furthermore I think we need to hammer out ways to figure out whose in our rooms as of right now because it's definitely going to be relevant due to the password delivery mechanic, to our fellow players in the room.
Are you suggesting that Kira will be posing as another player while the actual player is left without the password through a hacking ability (something Light Yagami could do)?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
^ good post
Kira kills through the Death Note, meaning he must match our usernames with our IDs, either by infiltrating these communication groups, very likely to be the supposed "9" member group, or through the method the mafia no doubt has: shinigami eyes.
I completely overlooked this in the first dawn. To kill with the death note the user needs to know the ID of the user it wants to kill. While mafia probably already has a way of getting this info (as you said), it now seems more imperative to me that we do what we can to not reveal our IDs to others.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hadn't considered that, possible within the flavor but wasn't what I was getting at.

Take a look at your ID (or similar item) if I'm correct about everyone being in chatrooms. Thing is we're only allowed to post at during certain phases, basically when we no longer have access zen changes the password on us.

Well, at least my ID says (paraphrased) that the new room password is delivered to whoever has the ID during the night. Note that it doesn't say that it can't be done multiple times a night.

I find it HIGHLY unlikely that scum doesn't have some way to acquire IDs, quite likely including from living players.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Holder of the Heel, besides this mechanics stuff, what are your thoughts on whats been going on in the game?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
and hrmmm, you're right method of death note killing complicates things, didn't consider this. I need some time to wrap my head around the mechanics.

As of right now I don't think large ones should reveal names since scum are probably already there so no benefit. Still feeling small rooms revealing to each other though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone that is Town, and therefore in a group: Try to think up a way for your group to know, without revealing your username, that the same user is revisiting that ID. It's impossible to do it with total certainty, but if we can get a basic feel for one another, that would be great. We should've done that at the start, but I wasn't thinking about how passwords could be passed around through various methods.

Also Kira himself might not have the eyes, but if Misa Amane and Mikami Teru are with him in a pairing, I suppose it's possible. But really that'd just deny any need for him to care about IDs so I suspect he may be alone and without any eyes, just as Light Yagami didn't have them.

Holder of the Heel, besides this mechanics stuff, what are your thoughts on whats been going on in the game?
To be honest my silence has been because I felt a bit brain dead with all of the Garg stuff. I need to figure out what I need to do with this vote though so I'm going to have to provide a proper answer, which I'll try to do soon. Until I go through that whole nonsense again I'll name the players I liked before: you and Ronike just like adumbrodeus, as you've both posted about outside-communications in such a way that it told me you both were in the same position as myself. Even mafia, in a group, wouldn't be so confident to speak like that in my opinion. Also I suspect kyryk potentially revealed that he was in a group that we know to exist at the very beginning, which is now okay to reveal given we're openly discussing the nature of townies now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
pretty sure batsnacks said he wasn't in a group, do you think that makes him not town? (tbh i'm not understanding how you're coming to the conclusion that all townies have to be in a group)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unsure if scum started out with any IDs from people who aren't in the game or are expected to fakeclaim using IDs, gut feeling it's the latter but too easily ruined by, you know the actual person who has the ID dying or the people in the room establishing who they actually are too quickly so Zen's probably too good as a host to make that mistake.
In the first Death Note game hosted by Zen I was Kira (scum) and was given a fake ID to use so I'm pretty sure the same holds true here.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
@adum you town read me but you don't think I've done anything useful, despite being the post-y-est person in the game? If I've posted this much and contributed nothing wouldn't that mean you should be scum reading me?

That's literally the most undeserved town read I've ever gotten. So scummy.

Top Bottom