• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia デスンート・マフィア | Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
eath Note Mafia

Important Dates
Pre-registration Period: End
Registration Period: End
Game Start: Upon Fill

Details
This game will begin no sooner than December 1st and no later than December 8th. Registered players will be asked to confirm their registration during this period. The game will begin once the roster is confirmed.

Requirements
  • 17 players
  • Individual players only
  • Must have played at least five games
  • Players who have been forced replaced within 6 months prior to the start date will not be accepted.

Registration

• Red Ryu
  • Adumbrodeus
  • Rajam
  • Gorf
  • KyryK
  • DJCrinkleCut
  • th3kuzinator
  • Ronike
  • Mac
  • The Real Gamer
  • Holder of the Heel
  • Ranmaru
  • Alakaslam
  • The Templar
  • Damdred
  • batsnacks
  • Gargaglion
  • Vult Redux (Replace)
  • Joey (replace)

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

僕が勝つ

Fundamental Regulations
(Standard mafia rules. Feel free to skim if you are already familiar. Please pay attention to the bold, however.)
1) If you have died in the game, you may no longer post or like posts in thread unless your role specifically states otherwise. No "bah go town/scum" posts.
2) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with non-players or dead players about the game other than within the designated dead player's topic.
3) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread.
4) Unless otherwise stated, there is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
5) Do not edit your posts. Mutliposting is allowed.
6) You are not allowed to quote any host communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about host PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
7) You may not post screenshots consisting of anything outside of the game thread.
8) You may not quote logs of communication from outside the game thread; however, you are free to paraphrase.
9) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
10) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.
11) The game host is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
12) If you are unsure on whether or not something violates a rule, please me via PM.
13) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
Rule violation will result in obliteration.​

Game Mechanics

I. Phases

There are 4 'phases' in this game: Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Night. The game cycles through the phases beginning with Dawn phase. For Example: Cycle 1- Dawn 1 > Day 1 > Dusk 1 > Night 1 > Cycle 2 - Dawn 2 > Day 2 and so on.

During Night and Dawn, players may communicate in areas outside of the game thread if they are capable. During Day and Dusk, no living player may communicate outside of the game thread. During the day, players will vote to lynch a player, whose flip will occur at the beginning of the next phase. An overview of what can be done during each phase can be found in the spoiler tags below.

Dawn - 24 hours

Players may...
Communicate outside of the game thread if they possess the ability.
Perform Dawn actions.
Give items.

Players may not...
Post inside of the game thread.

Day - 4 days (96 hours)

Players may...
Vote to lynch a player.
Perform Day actions.
Give items.

Players may not...
Communicate outside of the game thread.

Dusk - 24 hours

Players may...
Perform Dusk actions.
Give items.

Players may not...
Communicate outside of the game thread.​

Night - 48 hours
Players may...
Communicate outside of the game thread if they possess the ability.
Perform Night actions.
Give items.

Players may not...
Post inside of the game thread.​

II. Lynching
During the Day phase, players may--and must--vote to lynch a player by posting the following command in the game thead: ##[Player Name]

A player may unvote another player by posting the following command in the game thread: ##Unvote

Any command not utilizing the double pound (##) will not be accepted.

****The player who has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched at the beginning of the next phase (Dusk). Please note that the Day does not end simply by a majority vote being reached. The Day only ends once all 96 hours have been passed. Players may continue to vote and unvote through the entire period. In the event of a tie-vote at the end of the phase, the player who first gained the higher vote will be lynched.​

III. Items
This game utilizes two types of items: transferable and non-transferable items. Any item that contains "[N]" is non-transferable. Transferable items may be given to another player during any phase by PMing the host the following command: Give [Item Name]: [Player Name]

Example: GiveSalt Shaker: Zenny

The player will receive the item at the beginning of the following phase. Only one item may be given away by a player in a single phase. When a player dies, the items they held will be revealed to the town.​

IV. Strikes & Activity
A player receives a private strike for any of the following:
  • Excessive Flaming
  • Failing to post within 48 hours during the Day phase (this means a player must post at least twice a Day).
  • Failing to vote at least once during the Day.
  • Other violations based on host discretion.
Four (4) strikes results in a mod kill.​

V. Winning the Game
The game ends in one of two ways:

1. The Anti-Kira alignment is the only faction left.
2. Another faction achieves parity with all other factions.

When the game ends, anyone who has completed their objective is considered a winner. Keep in mind that objectives (win conditions) and alignments do not necessarily correlate. One's alignment achieving endgame does not necessarily mean the individual completed their win condition.​

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
By the way, due to the nature of this game it may occur on an outside forum. Probably not. But I'll let you know when the time comes around.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rules updated in the second post.

There are some special mechanics implemented in this game so please make sure to read through and understand all of the rules. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What kind of items can I expect..? Considering joining this but I'm not sure if I want to make a decision without knowing, lmao.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ehhhhhhhhh, I will play if you change the last rule about your point system and remove the "Other Violations" clause. Instead note that other violations may be assigned points depending on the severity, including mod kill. As much as it is probably a non issue, I would like not to have to call someone a **** head because they are trying to justify talking outside the game up to three times as perfectly acceptable like they do with meta data on mod PMs and win cons.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sure, I can do that. With the 'other violations', I'm really just saying that a strike would occur if there was a minor violation in the rules and I found it to be unintentional.

Intentionally breaking the rules will result in a mod kill no doubt. I just have that there for things that could have easily been a mistake.

If you still think it's a problem, I'll remove it.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't really care. I just saw it and the last thing I want to see is that gray area where people do things like try and make someone intentionally break a posting restriction in order to get them mod killed. I hate seeing people play against the spirit of the rule simply because it isn't explicitly punishable.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't really care. I just saw it and the last thing I want to see is that gray area where people do things like try and make someone intentionally break a posting restriction in order to get them mod killed. I hate seeing people play against the spirit of the rule simply because it isn't explicitly punishable.
Word I got chu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom