• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear God - What have we done?!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Brawl+ for about a week and a half now and I must say I love it. I play Luigi and Ganon in Brawl+, as opposed to Luigi and Olimar in vBrawl. While looking for videos to improve my combo game (because the combos are so different form vB to B+), I stumbled across this vid.

This isn't confirmed yet, I'm planning on testing it tomorrow.

My plans so far? If that is a true chaingrab, I'm going to abuse the living Christ out of it, whenever I start losing a match... Until they fix it, of course lol. If, on the other hand, it is escapable, I'll just continue playing him normally because that would juste be too **** anyway.

Just thought you should know.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
It was done on a computer (and a Fox, no less), so it's probably escapable by DI. If not, it'll be removed if you let the Brawl+ Back Room know about it in the next version of the beta.

By the way, if stands for Vanilla Brawl, because that used to be a term in competitive Yu-Gi-Oh for those cards with no special effects. (In other words, without anything added onto it.)
Hence: Brawl+ / vBrawl

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Dang! I had posted something but the forums lagged and wouldn't update, so I copied my post to the clipboard for later postage... except I forgot and re-used the clipboard for something else. DANG! I'll update this later on with what I had said.

Coney

Smash Master
This is nothing, with Luigi or Mario do a dthrow > usmash > usmash > usmash.

You just have to read DI a bit, but it's definitely possible. And definitely hilarious.

I call it "The Three Amigos"

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
This is nothing [...]
So potential 0-deaths are "nothing" now...? I'd definitely rather DownThrow 10x into grounded Shoryuken than get a measly DownThrow > Usmash 3x.

I expect a lock or some such soon as B+ already has a character forum. :/
Very likely. I only posted this here because the Luigi mains never check out the Brawl+ subforums

bobson

Smash Lord
By the way, if stands for Vanilla Brawl, because that used to be a term in competitive Yu-Gi-Oh for those cards with no special effects. (In other words, without anything added onto it.)
Hence: Brawl+ / vBrawl
"Vanilla" is a default term for an unchanged or neutral form of something. It doesn't have anything to do with Yu-Gi-Oh.

WIGI

Smash Champion
how is it you managed to find a boring non cool looking combo that is stupidly easy to do in brawl plus. there are so mnay other things you can be doing that are actually nice looking and skillfull, witch is the point fo brawl +

ive played brawl plus for 30 minutes in my life, and did some insane combos that were flashy skillfull and killed them faster than this dthrow nonsense.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ahhhhh my mistake.

i thought you were all like

"look how awsome i am i can press one button lots of times"

like DDD players.

but if your tryign to advance brawl + then my mistake.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
3 things

1. Not all smash comunity should play brawl+.now its ok..if there would exist 2 kinds of brawl players those who want their precious melee back and looking every way to turn brawl into a faster game and those who just..want to brawl., Smash boards should jsut put a new sub forum for brawl+ discussion

2. I think that brawl+ shouldnt exist at all..instead,players could wait for SSB4,while discovering new ways to play brawl..i mean I'm, sure SSB4 would be more like melee and faster at least I hoep so..the brawl metagame is not completely discovered for all characters and they already made their own upgraded version?

3. I know what brawl+ is but wtf is Vbrawl?Veteran Brawl lol?

B!squick

Smash Master
1. Not all smash comunity should play brawl+.now its ok..if there would exist 2 kinds of brawl players those who want their precious melee back and looking every way to turn brawl into a faster game and those who just..want to brawl., Smash boards should jsut put a new sub forum for brawl+ discussion
Yeah, they really should.[/sarcasm because they already have >.>]

2. I think that brawl+ shouldnt exist at all..instead,players could wait for SSB4,while discovering new ways to play brawl..i mean I'm, sure SSB4 would be more like melee and faster at least I hoep so..the brawl metagame is not completely discovered for all characters and they already made their own upgraded version?
This.

The "v" is for vanilla Brawl. The as is version you, myself, and many others enjoy over Brawl+.

4. =D Im back if anyone remembers me on this boards :bee:
Welcome back, though I only play Weegee on the side and come in here randomly because I actually pity this board. I use to think the Bowser board was the most isolated of the character boards, but you guys have us beat, lol.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The title says "3 things", but you posted 4 Toshima. Anyway, lets not turn this into a "Brawl+ sucks/rules" discussion.

Nobody reads the B+ subforms... I don't even think they have a Luigi+ subforum in the Brawl+ boards.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
ahhhhh my mistake.

i thought you were all like

"look how awsome i am i can press one button lots of times"

like DDD players.

but if your tryign to advance brawl + then my mistake.
Nonono. It's okai. We're not trying to bring back meelee, or discredit Brawl at all, that's what people need to understand. Brawl+ is a project that's meant to be an alternative
to vBrawl (or Brawl or normal Brawl, or whatever the hell people prefer it to be called, it doesn't matter).

I enjoy standard Brawl more than Brawl+ at the moment. Brawl+ is still pretty unstable and needs fixing (lol play a good Brawl+ Sheik, or even a scrub one, and you'll understand). We don't want a new meelee. We don't think Brawl sucks (at least I don't). I'm into Brawl+, in addition to vBrawl becauser I'm curious to see what it will lead to and I truly believe it has the potential to take the better aspects of Meelee AND Brawl and combine them to give birth to a different, fun and balanced game, that will also be an alternative to Brawl and Meelee.

4. =D Im back if anyone remembers me on this boards :bee:
Maybe you shouldn't exist at all? If you don't like it, don't play it. That's all there is to it. I don't like people who wear those big sunglasses... Should they exist? Well, if they like 'em, there's nothing I can do about it aside from not wearing them myself and ignoring them. You like Brawl? Play Brawl I say. No offense intended, btw.

Also, if you tried Brawl+, you'd know it's not about making it ''faster'' or ''moar like meelee''. It's about removing the dumb **** like random tripping, infinites (which you'll probably agree is gay if you've ever played a good D3), grab releases (like Bowser's CG to Fsmash on Wario)and changing the properties of certain moves to even out the tiers. As time passes, every character will have a chance to win a given matchup. Think of it as a game that will require skill to win, instead of a good matchup and luck, etc... But without having to spend endless hours in training mode, learning to wavedash, L-Cancel and such.

[...] I actually pity this board. I use to think the Bowser board was the most isolated of the character boards, but you guys have us beat, lol.

Grats! You just won this thread lol

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Welcome back, though I only play Weegee on the side and come in here randomly because I actually pity this board. I use to think the Bowser board was the most isolated of the character boards, but you guys have us beat, lol.

I think we're the most tight knit and isolated board out of all the Characters. I know all the regulars by heart that's how tight it is xD.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
We're a high tier character, and yet we're so alone...

Loonnnelllyyyy...
Oh so lonneelllyyyy...
I have nobooodddyyyy...
To call my ooowwwnnn...

WOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH - Loooonnnnelllyyyy...

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
I put 4 things on purposse..****

I just made my opinion about brawl+ this doesn't have to become a fight over forums u know?

And about infitives and CG.. "9.5% more hitstun" dissagrees about removing "bad" things like CG from Brawl. Not only that IC and DDD will CG you to death but it turns out that more and more characters can do more than 3 consecutive grabs(chain grabs) including Luigi(which is actualy good thing lol).

kigbariom

Smash Lord
lol Good point ALiAs.
But I don't know what you beef is on Brawl+, its a more competitive rendition of Brawl, and that means it's a fighting gamer's dream come true.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I refuse to apologize for the mistake I made. :-P
Then you will pay dearly with what I am about to do to your visitor message page!
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h-- Bw-- hh....?

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Dear Sweet Friend

Sorry for the ineptitude if it was a bother, but I like to be a tad informal about things. It makes things easier.

Top Bottom