• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD's grabjab to upTilt kill

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
After grabing, DDD jabs away until wario is released in the air with nothing to do followed by an UpTilt.

Many DDD's rack up on damage by chaingrabing, side steping to grab, or space with fTilt. Alot of DDD's use there upTilt as a kill move around higher percentages. Many Wario mains caught on that around 165 to 17o precent if grabbed jab then realeased Wario will retreat up and there is no DI that can be done, no airdodge or no interruption with any move. So basically DDD grabs you around those percentages jabs away releases you follwed by a upTilt for a kill.

It was something alot of wario just dealt with but after seeing a vid of Futile he has escape the grabjab to upTilt from DDD.

Around the last frame just before you are release u must DI down.
and instead of getting locked for the kill, you either land below DDD or aside next to him.

What i do is on that last frame i press y my jump and DI down and it has been working for me for some time now.

A vid of DSF vs. Futile for an example.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iPXnbO_wrR4
at 3.21 he DI'd down at the last frame
at 3.10 and 3.30 he didnt DI down at the last frame and got punished for it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
After grabing, DDD jabs away until wario is released in the air with nothing to do followed by an UpTilt.

Many DDD's rack up on damage by chaingrabing, side steping to grab, or space with fTilt. Alot of DDD's use there upTilt as a kill move around higher percentages. Many Wario mains caught on that around 165 to 17o precent if grabbed jab then realeased Wario will retreat up and there is no DI that can be done, no airdodge or no interruption with any move. So basically DDD grabs you around those percentages jabs away releases you follwed by a upTilt for a kill.

It was something alot of wario just dealt with but after seeing a vid of Futile he has escape the grabjab to upTilt from DDD.

Around the last frame just before you are release u must DI down.
and instead of getting locked for the kill, you either land below DDD or aside next to him.

What i do is on that last frame i press y my jump and DI down and it has been working for me for some time now.

A vid of DSF vs. Futile for an example.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iPXnbO_wrR4
at 3.21 he DI'd down at the last frame
at 3.10 and 3.30 he didnt DI down at the last frame and got punished for it
Wanna know a secret? The reason Wario was going into the air was because while he was trying to escape he did a jump escape. If he just moved the control stick in any direction other than up or if he only pressed A and B, he would have been let loose close to the ground.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
okay soo why are all types of wario dgetting caught in this upTilt
and ima try it out using A or B rather then using a jump escape
Because most people, under situations like that, are rotating the control stick like crazy and they are not worried about whether they are pressing up or not. If you watch Wario break free from a grab normally, he just gets releases on the ground a bit away from Dedede. If he is jumping and breaks free, he will go up in the air like in those vids.

Even I move the Control Stick like crazy, but now I have been paying more attention and taken more care to not break free from a grab with jumps.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
okay soo why are all types of wario dgetting caught in this upTilt
and ima try it out using A or B rather then using a jump escape
B/c either a) they're bad, b) they're frustrated at all the chaingrabs and not thinking all that correctly, c) they're mashing wildly, d) jump out of grab is USUALLY the best option for Wario

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
okay soo let check this
what is the best way to break out. and i never go crazy and start to **** my controller but the thing is many DDD's like to pull off this kill at the edges of stages soo theres no room to land next to him for a bite. but rather land below him as i do when i DI down. All im doing is seeking out a problem and trying to solve it.

SO be that means what is the best way and fastest way to break out of a grab. and not get uptilt'd to death.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
okay soo let check this
what is the best way to break out. and i never go crazy and start to **** my controller but the thing is many DDD's like to pull off this kill at the edges of stages soo theres no room to land next to him for a bite. but rather land below him as i do when i DI down. All im doing is seeking out a problem and trying to solve it.

SO be that means what is the best way and fastest way to break out of a grab. and not get uptilt'd to death.
You're Wario, you can go off the stage easily and make it back w/ bike jump and airdodges easily... also, the reason that people rotate the control stick is that I BELIEVE (I don't remember exactly) it gets you out faster than regular button mashing, however, if you time it, you can rotate the stick for a while, then finish off w/ mashing so you don't jump release.

I personally just mash buttons though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
damm okay soo how bout this mash and rotate and time it follwed by a DI down.
sounds good aye?
Problem is, when you are mashing directions, that if you break free and you were pressing up, then you will jump. So basically, rotate the control stick from left to DL to D to DR to Right. Then, reverse. Also throw some button presses to get out a bit faster.

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
Problem is, when you are mashing directions, that if you break free and you were pressing up, then you will jump. So basically, rotate the control stick from left to DL to D to DR to Right. Then, reverse. Also throw some button presses to get out a bit faster.
so basically keep roataing the control stick from left to right but keep it down

and throw some buttons in gotcha

WildEchidna

Smash Cadet
If one has Tap jump disabled when they rotate their control stick while grabbed will it send them upward?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I always thought that the you "slide" if you break out while being hit and you jump if you break out while not being hit. Also, other characters can get a free hit on Wario after "jump" release.

Top Bottom