• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yea I'll still be playing DDD if he ends up bad in Smash4. I like DDD himself as a character, so I play him. Simple as that. Although I most likely wont primarily main DDD.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I really don't feel that ddd would be bad if you removed his chain grab. The amount his back throw is already equal to something like three down throws... The chain grab does help a ton in certain mus because of the stage control it gives him, ie snake. But other than him and dk and bowser it is just damage. Ddd is great in my mind do to his amazing grab range plus the great throws. Combined with solid recovery, heavy weight, and invincible utilt kill move you got a solid charecter. Now add in amazing back air and multiple jumps, I really think the only thing holding him back is his mobility. Take away the chain grab and he still has all the tools to be where he is on the tier list.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Removing his chain grab was only an example of what's likely to happen to TripleD. Since characters between the games are highly inconsistent, it's likely to think that his weight/falling speed will be altered, or that the invincibility on his Up Tilt be removed, or his back air killing potential diminishes, or his grab range is shorter, even. It's only speculation of course, but he will change for sure. Maybe for the better, too.

All I'm wondering is if you guys are character loyalists or tier whores.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Lol i'm a character loyalist dont worry.

I mean, the change to smash 4 cant be that bad for the King. I mean I heard Capcom is going to be helping with the balancing and all. Anyway I'm sure they'll keep King DDD's defining attributes that makes him the good character he is. Or maybe even some new tools as well. Just look at Falco/Marth from melee to brawl. I personally hope they buff waddles. So like waddles auto attack enemies instead of randomly leaping.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Wait, what? Both Namco and Capcom are working on it? Mite b cool. Might need source on that though.
O.o Um I may have the two confused. I thought it was only Capcom???

Never heard Namco was working on it....*goes to research*

Edit: Nope your right it was Namco

Fail on my part :/

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm a "fun *****", meaning I main whatever char interests me and fits my playstyle. In Melee, it's Samus (LT main is Kirby). In Brawl, it's DDD (although it used to be MK). In P:M, it's ROB (and Zard). As you can see, I tend to like slower chars who depend on good positioning, reads, and gimps. It just so happens that I also tend to like Dreamland chars.

I really don't feel that ddd would be bad if you removed his chain grab. The amount his back throw is already equal to something like three down throws... The chain grab does help a ton in certain mus because of the stage control it gives him, ie snake. But other than him and dk and bowser it is just damage. Ddd is great in my mind do to his amazing grab range plus the great throws. Combined with solid recovery, heavy weight, and invincible utilt kill move you got a solid charecter. Now add in amazing back air and multiple jumps, I really think the only thing holding him back is his mobility. Take away the chain grab and he still has all the tools to be where he is on the tier list.
I kinda agree with this. DDD doesn't go even with Fox and Sheik for no reason, despite being unable to CG them. One grab equals big damage. The same actually goes for most of DDDs hits, in general. He also lives longer than pretty much any char, except maybe Snake and DK. Combined with gimping potential, we have a solid character.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
How do you guys feel about winning cuz of a random Gordo at last stock. Like say you throw one at close range for the hell of it when it was last hit-last stock and you were in a very bad position(i.e bound to loose otherwise). Would you be satisfied with the win or would you feel bad about winning just because for Gordo?

As for me, I'd take the Gordo victory any day. However its a signal that I need to improve a bit more.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am used to be at higher damages than my opponents when playing a very tight game anyway, sometimes I win by throwing a random Utilt (sometimes I *almost* win), and that's about as satisfying as winning with a Gordo.
A victory is a victory.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
If he dies by my gordo when I'm in an awful losing situation, that scrub should've stepped his game up.

Outplayed.
Outsmarted.
Outmindgamed.

Get gud.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F58lAKKhPY#t=7m30s

In case you don't feel like watching any part of the vid other than what's time-stamped above, what you are about to see allowed the victor of that match to come back from almost losing the set completely to eventually win the entire set against one of the greatest Melee players in the world. This is absolutely no different from the situation we are discussing now. :smash:

∫unk

Smash Master
I will actually have dedicated players to practice with for this upcoming smash.

We're going to rent out a house in LA. Feel free to come for smash 4 bootcamps.

Maybe this time we will collaborate... nahhh. hecka people are going to want to claim some random small winning situation as their own signature move.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>implying he's good in Brawl

Meh, I guess I'll play whatever characters I feel like, jsut like I do in Brawl.

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Gordos ? too mainstream

luck is when you win with a waddle-dee jump

what's up with the boards anyway? there was so much posts before the apex :|

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Naw. Not yet. Well if it matters I'll be going to Seibrik's Tier Breakers tournament. Hopefully I can learn some things while I'm there.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
You have my congratulations as well. Do you mind directing me to some replays of your matches? I could use them for reference.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Yeah DewDaDash you are probably at least in top 5 for still active DDD's which makes me so sad. I don't think we even have bubbaking in here posting anymore. I was wondering what all the DDD's opinions are coming out of the new mu chart?

Just realized this sounds like I'm sad you are in top 5. That is not what I ment. It makes me sad how many great DDD's aren't active any more.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
The game has been dying out lately so I dont blame it from happening. Not to mention by now everyone has a mk and tries be gdlk with em. Lately that includes me <_<. I've only used mk in tourney against ics recently but lately I've been tempted to try out all mk for a tourney. The only thing I fear is that Ill find out that I might do better with mk in almost all scenarios =x.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Well Mk himself does better in every situation. Thats alreadt been established many times over. But its our job as as D3 players to display what D3 can do. As whats been already said above, the amout of D3 players are declining

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
There are some mus I believe that d3 does better in, wario being one of em and ness.
Oh and mid tier dubz this week for me! Get Hyped! Hopefully I can get hbox to team with me so itll be the battle of the d3s taking our reparations dubz $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
there honestly is little to no reason to play anyone other than mk in any situation. That was the biggest reason I mained him till the ban happened. I feel so much passion still to play this game but it is so disheartening to always have in the back of your mind that your charecter is most likely holding you back.

On that note I prefer DDD vs marth, wario, rob, and tons of low tiers more than I would as mk.

Top Bottom