• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Chaingrabbing - Infinite list: Demonstrational video added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, chaingrabs are somewhat of a bother but I get over it =P

I was just wondering, I broke out of a Chaingrab the other day using yoshi by jabbing, was this user error on the D3's part or what's up?

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
Umm quick question here but are they're characters that can't be chain-grabbed, becuase it may be just MY way of doing it but i have a hard time capturing toon link and lucario.

jaap

Smash Cadet
my cg is still escapable sometimes :( and i guess thats because im starting 2 run 2 l8 after the dthrow or because of the dash grab.

ive watched a vid of a dedede and he missed his grab while he was doing a cg, and saw that he did a dash grab instead. so, is it rly needed 2 dash grab after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd cg?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
so all these characters

haracters that jump release after a dash grab:

Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Game and Watch
Luigi
Squirtle
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Ness
Wario
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Lucas

you can upsmash if they jump out of the grab?

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Wow, I apologize for not responding sooner. You may have found out by now, but this is indeed the case.

On a side note, I have a few things I need to add, which may mean I have to reformat the whole guide. I can't wait. -_-
EDIT: Updated the guide a little so I didn't have to salvage the whole guide after all. Forgot that I was supposed to do a SCG video, sorry. T_T
I'll work on it soon, I have a few projects I need to attend to.

JST

Smash Apprentice
There needs to be vids of over-the-ledge infinites. I don't get the timing for them (Or maybe I'm sucky idk).

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
You might wanna put that Wolf can be infinited under certain conditions, as I've done it before, but the timing is very very tight, I think like 1 frame? And you might wanna add Over the Edge infinites as well.

I've been playing with the wolf infinite CG, so far, looks like REALLY REALLY strict timing, about 1 or 2 frames.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if someone should double check to make sure that 100% they can be Chaingrabbed/infinites. Jumping away while airdodging, simply airdodging, spotdodging, specials, and attacking with a quick move. Have you tried all of these on every character?

Edit: On the GIF Royale made, it actually looks like Ganondorf is airdodging....

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if this is true and i dont know where esle to ask. i heard that dedede can recapture people with his forawrd throw. and chain grab them that way. i might be mixing this up with another charector though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Marth can technically be chain grabbed, but no Marth will let you because of up-b.
If you do a frame perfect CG Marth can't break out of it with upB, see one of CO18's earlier threads.

@ whispering tears - That sounds plausible but only at very low percentages.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
If it's executed right, NOTHING can escape the CG. Remember this, S.O.L.I.D., as these are words to live by.

whisperingtears: I'm pretty positive that isn't the case, as Dedede's Fthrow has quite a bit of knockback. As to who you're mixing it up with, I have no idea, sorry.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ugh, my poor angel has already experience this "Infinite Grab on the Wall" thing, and what's worse is that I was facing against this 9-year old who recently used Dedede, in hopes of finally beating my Pit (even he used Snake and Meta before Dedede, and that didnt work).
Dedede + Green Greens or any other stage with walls = "I'm done for..."
But then again it's just a noobish kid always looking for a counterpick stage for walls. Idk if he wants Dedede after what happened to him at BF or FD, ok... skipping details for now.

As for Bowser, and Wario, I might as well drop them for good because of Dedede... Pit is all I have now.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
This OP should also have what characters need to be shield cancled grabbed in order for DDD to do a chain throw on them(marth,pit,TL,peach,ROB are the ones) as it has been proven by many smashers that simply dthrow to dashgrab lets the characters above attack DDD before the dthrow. Also to post above, maybe we should also post all infinites, regardless of how situational they are, like DDD's on the edge and wolf's which requires really good spacing at the edge or at the very edge of a platform.

Also there is a character that can be SCG CG'ed by that most people don't know about (most people think this charater is immune to the chain grab, but this is not true) because it requires perfect framing, but that supposed to be a secret, lol

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Subsection: How Often To Hit
When it's safe to hit them, and how many times.

20%-99% = 1 Hit
100%-149% = 2 Hits
150%-199% = 3 Hits
200% and higher = 4 Hits

After that, it doesn't really matter. A Forward throw from the end of Final Destination at 200% is death for most anybody, but you can never have too much extra damage.

Please note that these numbers have not been thoroughly tested, and are based solely off of qwertyman's experience. However, I'm 90% sure that, if you follow these numbers, it becomes literally impossible to escape during the hits.
Thanks to qwertyman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After playing the best sonic main in cali(nor4u) and others with my DDD doing a CG,
20% is too low a % for you too start jabbing as tourney players get out after the jab beacuse at around 30% after a fresh jab they got out as I immediatly dthrowed have the grab jab. Im am simply say that those numbers are too low in the actual metagame when your playing some of the best in your region, beacuse I was talking to nor4u and he though it was to early to jab at around 20%. I belive that around 45-50% you can start doing one jab and proceed to two jabs per dthrow when ur opponent is at around 115%, after that the numbers seem to be accurate enough as the brawl engine escalates hitstun at a higher rate around high %, like 140%, where the opponent cannot do anything but get grab jabbed beacuse the hitstun has escalated at those brawl KO%'s

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
@Gede+>9000n's: There's a sticky on the infinites already, so I will not unless the mods ask me to or something.
That list does not feature DDD vs DDD edge infinite neither the spaced edge infinite against wolf. They also do not have the halberd infinites against snake,charizard, link and another character I cannot recall. Also perfect frame data suggests, that the some characters that list says is immune to teh chain grab acually are not. The list you referenced has lacks some infinites found already back in the past, so I suggest that you put them on for the knowledge of other posters.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
so if u dashgrab cg with ddd on everyone but marth because i have to shield grab (upB) nothing will happen?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
so if u dashgrab cg with ddd on everyone but marth because i have to shield grab (upB) nothing will happen?
The list is more than marth, its also pit, peach,TL, and ROB,
and pro tip: you dont really need to SCG CG unless ur playing the characters above, the SCG CG makes DDD slides, and so less dthrows can be done compared the dash grab dthrow.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
The list is more than marth, its also pit, peach,TL, and ROB,
and pro tip: you dont really need to SCG CG unless ur playing the characters above, the SCG CG makes DDD slides, and so less dthrows can be done compared the dash grab dthrow.
You have it backwards, SCG = no slide. I honestly try to do SCG's, unless I can space myself so I'm at the very end of the level, then I'll attempt a regular dash grab.

as for your other two posts, I'll test those numbers possibly tomorrow, and the only infinite there I know for a fact is the Dedede vs. Dedede edge infinite. You'd have to supply me with some evidence of these other things, as I haven't seen anything like that around here.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
If Snake pulls out a grenade right before getting grabbed, can he prevent cging? I tried it vs Falco and it worked, but I haven't played enough ddd. Frame perfect assumed, I don't think he can pull out a grenade in the middle of the cg (after having been grabbed once), but to be safe can he?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
You have it backwards, SCG = no slide. I honestly try to do SCG's, unless I can space myself so I'm at the very end of the level, then I'll attempt a regular dash grab.

as for your other two posts, I'll test those numbers possibly tomorrow, and the only infinite there I know for a fact is the Dedede vs. Dedede edge infinite. You'd have to supply me with some evidence of these other things, as I haven't seen anything like that around here.
Thats because its the pros who keep this stuff to themsleves regarding infinites, they look at perfect frame data to figure out what the infinite in the game are and there are more than what I stated.
Cuba is death and zelgadis say SCG give the slide for a CG to happen on certain characters, that slide is needed so the grab animation can connect which it cant on a dash grab.

They also say, being pros melee players who know all about technical skill and perform stunning things, that the dash grab should be used instead of the SCG (exception is the characters you need to be SCG'd for the CG) becuase you can get more dthrow's in with the dash grab than the SCG on a stage.
And test those numbers with perfect frame data, so they are truly accurate, i do know that 20% is way too low to start jabbing pro brawlers and still pull off the CG.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
After lots of practice against my friends, I think I'm starting to get the hang of CGing! Thanks, Mr. C for the awesome guide.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
SCG DOES NOT slide, that's the dash grab CG. It stops your momentum so that you can do a standing grab which has a little more range than a dash grab. However, you can use either, really. I prefer to use SCGs mostly so I can rack up that extra little bit of damage. Some of the "pros" don't feel the need to add the extra effort, so it's all really up to your preferences in the end.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Some of the "pros" don't feel the need to add the extra effort,
The whole idea of being a tourney going smasher is to win, and people will do anything, at times just to get the win, or in this case a little more % so DDD's uptilt can with when the opponent DI's well. Every % counts in competive smash, and Zelgadis, Teba and M2k all use dash CG on all characters except the SCG needed ones(peach,pit etc...).
M2k and zelgadis are extrmemly technical melee players, of which zelgadis has found with perfect frame data the MK can be CG'd by DDD so i really doubt that technical chain throwing would be a problem for these guys, who normally dash chain grab in tournaments.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
Only really works on large characters.
Use Ftilt on smaller/mid sized ones.
Yeah but i´ve tried doing it on wolf. Which ive seen work several times but i never seem to get the timing right XD

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Well then I guess you have to time it right for him. People like jiggs/mk/kirby/PK people, Dtilt wont work on.

DZLE

Smash Master
This thread seriously has helped me out as an up-and-coming D3 player, thanks to everyone who contributed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom