• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
bsls transgression has been acknowledged and dealt wit. btw great activity guys keep it up i love it

now have a new votecount featuring my beloved harley quinn avatar!

beam of light engulfs red ruy. he is once again lynched at a majority for d2 n d3!

Kreative Whiz Kids (5): Rake, Joker, Gorf, Chaco, adumbrodeus
Gorf (2): Murderbush, KWK
adumbrodeus (2): JeXs, Bardull
Rake (1): Gheb

Not Voting (3): Scary, Red Ryu, Beat!

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL > KWK
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
4. adumbrodeus => Murderbush > Ruy > Gorf > KWK
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK > Murderbush
6. Gheb_01 => KWK > Gorf > KWK > adumbrodeus > Rake
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu > Rake > Murderbush > Gorf
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote > adumbrodeus
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK > Murderbush > Gorf > Joker > adumbrodeus
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru > unvote > Scary
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Another candidate is Adum, because his analysis led to the conclusion that KWK was just trying to lynch anyone but himself, when he showed a very clear thought process that led to him concluding inactives were likely to include scum. In addition, Adum replaced Laundry, who bugged out on drawing scum in Rykermafia.
I fail to see how that even remotely addresses my issues with the slot, whether any particular lynch is justified isn't that point, it's that KWK was willing to lynch everybody. Something he defended per say as being totally fine because he's a strong PR.

Adumb, I think you can do better. Much better. Right now, I don't really see you as scum but with how you play toDay you're setting yourself up for a [mis-]lynch later imo.

:059:
Had this rolling around in my head for a while but combined with your earlier vote and then switch this seems really genuine.

But no, I'm not gonna give up pushing strong scumread cause town's collective balls are non-existant. Slot is scummy as f*** and town's backing off on him essentially because he claimed a strong PR in an all PR game. I know how town kantrip flails under pressure, that wasn't a town kantrip flail, the "everyone can die as long as it's not me" is super uncharacteristic. I'll get off if I think my read was incorrect, not before.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sorry about some inactivity from me guys. I've just been more exhausted from work afterward. Warehouse work in FL is brutal. Promise to get caught back up going into the weekend.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok so long post I wrote down, but I gotta leave right now so I'll post a TL;dr

I still think KWK's earlier posts are scummy. I hate how he addressed Gorf way earlier and his posts clost to the end of day 1. I hate how he has been vote hoping and more so his Rake vote out of nowhere. His voting patterns are terrible. Still, I don't think it is likely he was trying to weasel out of a lynch with this as scum.

I do not think Joker is scum, I really think if Gorf were to flip scum I would take a second look since the chainsaw really only works with him if Gorf is scum and even then I would need to think if Joker was going too ham on KWK.

I like Gorf less on a reread, Murder is entirely right he was falsely using the "But he'll be roleblock!!!" as justification for a town flip anyways. That is scummy because it shows he wants a lynch not to lynch scum.

ADumb is the worst of the bunch mostly due to Laundry's play before replacing out. I have a reason I can explain tomarrow if he is not lynched today but more or less Laundry was not trying to scum hunt and I do not think he was trying to develop his reads on a reread of what he did post. I don't care for Adumb's reasoning to lynch KWK, I don't like his vote jumping only for the case of Rake mostly. The rest I could see as a way he was trying to support town in some way.

Vote: Adumb

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Sup babes, I'd like to /replace in for Gorf's slot as my hydra: Cream Team. Gorf approves. Is that okay?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hey sorry for the inactivity, but Im back now. Have had a decent amount of stuff going on, got shmacked with the whole depressed stuff and just kinda went reclusive. Anyways, I'm starting at D2 and compiling a post from there.

Looks like Adum is taking the attention for today's lynch? I'll check in on that too, I liked his inital thoughts from his first post or so, but I havent read anything he's posted since. So, gimme a good little bit to catch up. Also handling some other stuff atm. I'll have a post up in a lil bit.

Any questions I need to draw my attention to first off, anyone?

Chaco

Never Logs In
K well ill give my last thoughts I guess

I retract what I said about Murder, that string of posts was legit and they opened my eyes to gorf scum.

Ruy still scummy but he could be terrible

Joker is a stubborn ******* who refuses to see reason. Could be scum or just impossible to work with. I thought scum at first but changed my mind to town. Look into him on gorfscum for sure

Chaco is misguided town

JeXs is one of the best players in this game if not the best. Town

Jury's out on adumb but wanna call him town

Beat! Seems townie to me not sure why Chaco and adumb dislike him

Bardull was like... super townie then dropped off the face of the earth. Lazy town? Yeah I think so

Rake is raketarded but probably town

Scary is most likely town as well. His willingness to consider the possibility of being wrong is a good sign for me. Looks like his hearts in it
I dislike Beat! because he pretty much lacks any paper trail. It's like he seems to respond to questions, and as I said previously, he pretty much just post one-liners and responds as necessary. Haven't really seen any active pushed come from him at all. (I'm responding to posts as I go through these last pages, if any info is outdated: I will address it as I continue with this post, thanks.)
These accusations greatly annoyed me at first, but then I re-read and realized that they weren't completely uncalled for. I've actually put a lot of effort into this game but I can see why you'd interpret it as only doing it when it's requested of me, so I'll try to explain my thought process more thoroughly from now on.

This, on the other hand, is incredibly unfair. I don't care if it's hyperbole, accusing me of not having a "single independent thought" and then in your very next breath attacking a push which was in fact completely independent at the time is ****ing ugly.

And speaking of which, how on earth was I supposed to "commit" to my push on Laundry any further when he didn't post a single time after I'd made that post? You of all people should be fully aware of this because it's the freaking slot you just replaced into.

-------

I want to talk more about Ryu's recent posts. Specifically, his response (or lack thereof) to my #1294 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-vs-marvel-d2-beware-my-power-mistah-j.365288/page-33#post-17465800).

This is his first post after my #1294, and he ignores my question. I find it a bit unlikely that he completely missed it because I quoted him in it, but hey it happens, so I asked him again (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-vs-marvel-d2-beware-my-power-mistah-j.365288/page-33#post-17467567). From that point onwards I pretty much had to force the answer out of him:

Dodges the question by arguing semantics.

Dodges the question again. I asked why he thinks townKWK = scumLaundry whereas scumKWK = null/possiblyscum-Laundy, not for his read on the slot independently.

Finally answers the question, but hardly elaborates at all, despite the fact that I asked him to be as thorough as possible. The little justification he does give is also extremely questionable. Laundry never really gave the impression of actually wanting KWK dead. He didn't vote him a single time. D1 he said he disliked KWK a bunch of times but he hended up voting BSL the moment JeXs asked him to. D2 he still had KWK as a scum read but he wanted Gorf dead first, even though KWK was clearly going to be an easier push. I don't see how that lines up to a townKWK-scumLaundry connection at all, but according to Ryu a KWK townflip would make Laundry (now adumb) not just scum, but the biggest scumpick in the game.

I made one final attempt to squeeze out more from him but all I got was

If it wasn't obvious enough before, then at this point it became completely evident that he was going to be of as little help as possible, and that his connection-based read on Laundry is a complete fabrication that he hoped he could sneak by without anyone questioning it.

... holy ****.

Okay, so at this point while typing this up I went back and checked Ryu's earlier posts because I wanted to go over his dropped "push" on Scary (supposedly his #2 scumread at the time and for super weak reasons) and I found this:

Hey Ruy, mind explaining why KWK-Laundry was the likeliest scumteam here, and what exactly made you change your mind in the time between that post and my question?

This guy's hyper-opportunistic scum. Kill him now.
Okay so I like this a lot more out of you, idk about Ryu being scum though. But i can definitely se the hate no his slot. Entirely warranted, I'll re-read him to see intent behind his p
Well I won't be lynching Rake until I see a reason to do so.
I really like JeXs this game. Brownie townie for sure.

Joker really isn't scummy tbh. Gorf is kinda whack but he always is and even if your lynch wouldn't make as much sense as it does I don't think he should be next in line instead of like almost everybody else. I don't really see how lynching gorf is better than lynching Rake, Ryu, adum or even Bardull.

:059:
I agree with this, and don't approve of a Gorf lynch. I can see Gorf;s process behind a lot of his posts and don't see it as malicious. I totally follow him with the take the most informative approach on the lynch. Obviously that has changed now, but I'm getting there.

!!NOTE: I WILL RESPOND TO RAKE'S WALL INDIVIDUALLY AFTER THIS POST!!

I still haven't seen anyone explain how anything I've said or done "is scummy". All KWK and Murder are doing is using the words "Joker is scummy", and expecting everyone to just kind of believe it.

Like, all I've done is stick my neck out to defend Gorf from ****ty pushes a couple times. I can admit that it'd look bad if Gorf flipped scum, based on that. But they're saying I'm just individually scummy, regardless of my connection to Gorf? How?! Not one thing has been presented.
While I agree with you partially, I see why they called it a chainsaw defense. You didn't namely attack them, but I can see the relation to it. But misuse of chainsaw for sure. IDK your motive for actively defending Gorf, almost to the point of seeming scummy really. Idk about that.

FoS: Joker

How is it possible that so many people are scumreading me, I don't even.

It's always the same ****ty players too. Every ****ing game.
Weird form of AtE...lol
I fail to see how that even remotely addresses my issues with the slot, whether any particular lynch is justified isn't that point, it's that KWK was willing to lynch everybody. Something he defended per say as being totally fine because he's a strong PR.

Had this rolling around in my head for a while but combined with your earlier vote and then switch this seems really genuine.

But no, I'm not gonna give up pushing strong scumread cause town's collective balls are non-existant. Slot is scummy as f*** and town's backing off on him essentially because he claimed a strong PR in an all PR game. I know how town kantrip flails under pressure, that wasn't a town kantrip flail, the "everyone can die as long as it's not me" is super uncharacteristic. I'll get off if I think my read was incorrect, not before.
Adumb sums up my thought process here on KWK's prior waffling. When I was callnig for policy lynches he was jumping back and forth everytime I suggested anyone who wasn't him. It's like he has no substantial push and is just gunning for anyone who isn't him. I don't understand that behavior. With the frustration, I almost want to say he's town based off of that alone. But idk truthfully on the slot, too much WIFOM imho.

Ok so long post I wrote down, but I gotta leave right now so I'll post a TL;dr

I still think KWK's earlier posts are scummy. I hate how he addressed Gorf way earlier and his posts clost to the end of day 1. I hate how he has been vote hoping and more so his Rake vote out of nowhere. His voting patterns are terrible. Still, I don't think it is likely he was trying to weasel out of a lynch with this as scum.

I do not think Joker is scum, I really think if Gorf were to flip scum I would take a second look since the chainsaw really only works with him if Gorf is scum and even then I would need to think if Joker was going too ham on KWK.

I like Gorf less on a reread, Murder is entirely right he was falsely using the "But he'll be roleblock!!!" as justification for a town flip anyways. That is scummy because it shows he wants a lynch not to lynch scum.

ADumb is the worst of the bunch mostly due to Laundry's play before replacing out. I have a reason I can explain tomarrow if he is not lynched today but more or less Laundry was not trying to scum hunt and I do not think he was trying to develop his reads on a reread of what he did post. I don't care for Adumb's reasoning to lynch KWK, I don't like his vote jumping only for the case of Rake mostly. The rest I could see as a way he was trying to support town in some way.

Define to me WHY you do not like Adumb's logic for lynching KWK, because honestly I see the process behind it. He calls out a lot of the points I had prior outlined. I don't agree with his logic on the Kantrip meta flail, because I don't know that. But idk, no idea on that from me.
Anyways, I can see the hate on Laundry's slot as a whole, but idk if Im seeing a scummy Adumb yet. I'll have to see more from him, at this time I'm not at all sold on it.

To the point about Gorf calling a RB, I don't argue with that. I don't see how you do, it's a powerful known role to a Blocker. Do you think their gonna chance using a block on someone they don't know confirmed to have a PR? If KWK is town, it's very likely he'll remained roleblocked. That's just part of it, and part of the WIFOM I wished to absolve. But hell, I'm not even sure if I'm down to lynch his slot anymore. It'd clear up a lot, and help a lot. But idk.

I think what he meant to say is

Vote: adum
You just said you weren't sold on him...This is the exact waffling I was speaking of. I rreally don't like the opportunistic play out of you. I don't see the Adumb push being that strong with reasoning. More so throw a lynch together before deadline. That's the least informative lynch of the bunch, and if we're just throwing a lynch wildly I say hang Joker's slot.

Vote to be moved maybe, honestly, Im unsure at the moment. Would like the to see some substantial evidence on Adum that has been promised but yet I've seen nothing. I'd also like to see an Adum retort.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Why? Breadcrumb it to me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Chaco Chaco I've pretty much responded, there isn't much. JeXs is the most substantive, and that's not saying much and he's accusing me of being opportunist in trying to lynch a town PR, that I ignore how legit KWK's reasoning is for wanting to lynch anybody but him (shoot me now >_>, that people like him get listened to in dgames is pathetic), and that I don't have RR at the top of my "must die" list after KWK. That's not a case, that's a list of things wrong with how JeXs thinks about the game!

Murder dislikes me because.... good reasoning for inactives potentially having scum somehow makes it alright to want to lynch anyone that's not him, totally makes sense.

The rest give nothing.

Yes, I am frustrated and I think you understand why. The level of play involved with this wagon is utterly pathetic. That KWK hasn't been lynched is pathetic. That pretty much no suspicion on beat is pathetic. The general level of play here is damn pathetic.

JeXs

Smash Champion
kwk is not ok with lynching anyone but him. He has stated he won't be lynching chaco/me, there might be others but I don't remember. Your only reasoning for wanting to lynch kwk is that he's ok with lynching anyone. That's not the case though, even if it is, why would a townie be ok with getting himself lynched? That's as bad as joker calling kwk's desperateness scummy when the guy was so close to a lynch. That is pathetic reasoning.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not worth claiming even if I think it's pretty scummy on his part.

Him saying.

"I don't give a damn you got Ruy'd" is pretty bad. Though only Laundry, Ryker and Raziek know what that means.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
kwk is not ok with lynching anyone but him. He has stated he won't be lynching chaco/me, there might be others but I don't remember. Your only reasoning for wanting to lynch kwk is that he's ok with lynching anyone. That's not the case though, even if it is, why would a townie be ok with getting himself lynched? That's as bad as joker calling kwk's desperateness scummy when the guy was so close to a lynch. That is pathetic reasoning.
A townie's not ok with getting himself lynched, but the incentive of town isn't to protect themselves, it's to LYNCH SCUM. Why? Because while a townie doesn't want a confirmed townie to die, if they don't explicitly kill scum, scum wins because the game's on a timer. Scum on the other hand, just want to stay away, but they're forced to try to mimic town's desire to kill scum. That's why town's incentive is to produce content and to prod people, that's why 90% of effective tells are about trying to mimic a town mentality of having this "we need to find and kill scum" incentive, whether it's how the individual plays as town or town plays as a unit.

Point is, for town it's not enough to just wanna survive, they also need to show a desire to actually want to kill scum. That exchange showed that he didn't have a desire to kill scum, he just wanted to save his skin.

JeXs

Smash Champion
So you're saying that he's scum for wanting to survive and apparently not scum hunting? Where exactly is he not scum hunting? Sure he jumped around a ton but seeing kantrip play in Sleepover I'm not convinced he's scum because of that. He literally jumped all over the place and he was town. Him not scum hunting? I don't see that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I didn't say that, I said willingness to lynch pretty much anyone displays that they place their survival over all else, it's a base scum mentality.

JeXs

Smash Champion
He has stated that he won't lynch Chaco/me and maybe some others but I've forgotten.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And he showed willingness to jump on absolutely everyone that was proposed as an even remote possibility. "I won't lynch confirmed town and universally considered obvious town that will never be up for lynch" doesn't suggest that less, it just means your lynches are practical impossibilities. Hell he defended it, arguing that his PR was worth lynching pretty much anybody... in an all PR game.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Then again as town you'd probably be willing to jump on others too since you know that you are town but you can't say the same for others.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Then again as town you'd probably be willing to jump on others too since you know that you are town but you can't say the same for others.
There's a temptation to do that, but once you've been around the block a few times you realize it's hurts town to just play to survive as a townie, it's simple optimization. Only when it's really close to the deadline does it make sense for town to just go off "better to lynch somebody and pair down the scumpool then lynch nobody". Or you know, you've got the rest confirmed and you can lynch out of the non-confirmed ones.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@ Chaco Chaco I've pretty much responded, there isn't much. JeXs is the most substantive, and that's not saying much and he's accusing me of being opportunist in trying to lynch a town PR, that I ignore how legit KWK's reasoning is for wanting to lynch anybody but him (shoot me now >_>, that people like him get listened to in dgames is pathetic), and that I don't have RR at the top of my "must die" list after KWK. That's not a case, that's a list of things wrong with how JeXs thinks about the game!

Murder dislikes me because.... good reasoning for inactives potentially having scum somehow makes it alright to want to lynch anyone that's not him, totally makes sense.

The rest give nothing.

Yes, I am frustrated and I think you understand why. The level of play involved with this wagon is utterly pathetic. That KWK hasn't been lynched is pathetic. That pretty much no suspicion on beat is pathetic. The general level of play here is damn pathetic.
I can understand why. I just would hate to see a lynch pulled out of thin air on you in the last 36 hours of the Day when there isn't a substantial case to be seen anywhere. And I totally agree with your sentiments on KWK, and everything I've seen about people arguing with Gorf's point about RB, and anyone elses arguments toward his lynch is just considered moot and described a misguided or opportunistic wanting to kill a strong PR. It's the most informative lynch. Everyone has weighed in on it. It gives us a lot to work with. But hell, what do I know, I'd say lets fabricate a lynch on someone post haste with no substantial reason.

Anyone against a KWK lynch, feel FREE to retort these points:

-His lynch by FAR gives us the greatest bearing of information. It gives us a CLEAR read on all who have weighed in. It has been dredged out for almost all of D2. Inconsistent and consistent behaviors will be easily noticed, and connections based upon a KWK flip.

-His wishy washiness and eagerness to jump on any new fabricated wagon. I see a lot of follow the leader and self-preservation in action. With vote ahving been moved to what 4 different people with little to absolutely no reasoning from his slot as to why instead of just following someone else? It reeks.

-Early game wishy washiness and backpeddaling of information. Complete 180's on stance regarding multiple things: shield, a read or two, iirc I'd have to go back and look for more.

ONE THING and one thing alone, want to keep me from lynching KWK. How he called BSL out on a bull**** claim and said he was lying. That's the one thing he's done to me that actually substantiates his claims and gives me the thought that he's flailing town. It's at the very end of D1. It's not a CC, but it's a clear outspeak against BSL. I do not think that they would organize a bus gambit like that, BUT it could be likely.

I'm not impressed with their play, BUT I feel if the pressure is removed we might can get some use out of them. No offense but near the end of this day you've just been flopping and agreeing with whatever lynch.

IF we are gonna lynch someone today that is NOT KWK, and i'm perfectly cool with this: IT NEEDS to be Joker. A lot of his reactions seems fake to me and the mudslinging about people reading him as scum seems generic to me. THAT is the only viable choice I see between Adum and he. To be fair, an Adum lynch leaves us with nothing. We have no information dredged out on that slot, hardly any connections. And to be fair, this seems like town Adum play to me. I just am not sure yet, but I do see where he's standing on a LOT of his reads.

JeXs

Smash Champion
As town you should let yourself get lynched. Good to know.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think you're kind've tunneling what Adum is saying, look at KWK's past votes and tell me where the substantial reasoning behind those are, or if they are one liners posts vote jumping to someone else's next target. I just, I don't see the way he's playing as beneficial. Nothing against them, they've had a lot of pressure on them today, and I'm sure they're sick of it. But, instead of just laying it down and giving cases on people they hop around. When I was calling for policy lynches I was partially doing so to see how long it took KWK to jump to who I claimed my target to be. Eh, follow the confirmed town. I just, idk, at this point I see that slot as a point of diminishing return. We got more from a KWK lynch than we're getting without. Connections, reads, standpoints from almost every slot in the game. I just, IDK. It seems like the logical standpoint for me. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good, and I feel like this is one of those times. Scum will obviously leave KWK alone due to the WIFOM, and as Gorf said continue to RB him. That is pretty much factual, it leaves us uncertain and the sooner we deal with this the better, imagine end game with all that still circulating.. That's not a situation I want to be in, cause I'm gonna be in endgame most likely and that's not something I'm prepared to deal with because you all know my sentiments on the slot. Not saying that won't change, but hell.

Anyways, the one part I do like about this post is the fact you dislike Joker. That's where I'd like to see today's lynch go to if anywhere. Adum is more useful than joker, let's be real. If we have to deal with him later, so be it. But I think there's a damn high chance Joker is scum based on actions and reactions, and definitely more informative than an Adum lynch.

Also I wouldn't mind to see Ryu go, and IF HE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT ADUM ****ING SAY IT. YOU DO REALIZE I CAN WIFOM THE **** OUT OF SCUM, I CAN PASS SHIELD YOU KNOW. But make me say that out loud, eh. Don't be scared to bring out pertinent information if it is necessary!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
He's not saying that. But survivability in a game is not your first priority as town, it's to eliminate scum! Level with him. He;s not actively scumhunting at all he's trying to preserve himself. It's pretty plain to see. Not saying I don't agree with it, but that's newbietown play. Any vet would give us a reason not to lynch him through stepping it up and proving us wrong about his slot, not vote hopping and leaving the uncertainty! His play is just that, and detrimental to a point. And people saying finishing off a PR LOOK MAD SCUMMY. Trying to win brownie townie points like that will not work. End that outlook.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Chaco Chaco I don't want him saying it outright because if he's right then it's super brownie townie to bring this concern up so I don't want everyone else knowing what it is or how he knows it. But if he's correct there's something I think he's unaware of of.

Not what I said at all, I gave PRIORITIES.

Top Bottom