• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
**** it

vote chaco

stop tryna make nuthin look like sumthin

I don't see what would be so bad about that honestly, mafia has to waste a night dealing with said BP so imo it's more important we have one than waste it by not reaching a majority. I have no shame saying our slot would be a pretty good choice, and would rather be known as the BP holder than have no BP among any slot. It's better to deal with these things directly.
campaigning =/= discussing who gets the shield. discussing that essentially tells maf who they're NOT gonna target and makes a no kill that much less possible. anonymity is our best bet here.

Vote Chaco

Would vote Bardull because of his post concerning why he wants to work with Gheb and prefacing it with "I have my reasons but" implying that there is more legitimate reason when I doubt there is. Chaco can get lynched for dancing around the shield without putting out his own opinions.
DAAAAAW :3

except when ****** call me the sheep

oh and kwk plz plz PLZ don't be a ******

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
EBWOP:

Vote Scary

There's no question to me we should vote. I'd rather have a known thorn in scum's side than no thorn. People might deviate, but BP wifom when it's most likely to be on town's side is a great side effect.

I uphold our slot's personal self-nomination.
YOU'RE NOT KWK!

You also didn't seem to READ my post where I said that the shield could be distributed with precision if no one failed to garner the votes necessary to distribute it, but that's all but worthless now.

I am going to choke both of you.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Null. Should we let the shield go anonymously or choose someone to have it?
Not sure how much help my opinion is gonna be now that it's influenced by other's thoughts. I think it should be decided publicly to avoid the wifom headache. Anonymously does have it's merits in that there's a chance scum won't know where it winds up. However that chance is too small to count on.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Bardull is PROBABLY town because of the way he pointed out the fact scum would rush to anonymously give out the shield. He is also ********.

Wot is not so much town because he obviously doesn't understand the mechanics fully, meaning he didn't read.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
YOU'RE NOT KWK!

You also didn't seem to READ my post where I said that the shield could be distributed with precision if no one failed to garner the votes necessary to distribute it, but that's all but worthless now.

I am going to choke both of you.
you're making assumptions.

Did you not read the post where it was revealed at all?
Did YOU?

Event: Captain America's shield!

In addition to the lynch this Day, you may vote who gets to wield Captain America's shield by PMing me with a secret vote [Ex: Shield: X.] Whoever gets the majority of votes first will receive the shield granting bulletproof powers. He may pass it to any other player in the game at any point.

You can change your vote as many times as you want. Once I receive a majority of votes, I will announce that the shield has been distributed publicly but not who received it. You may not vote yourself. Alternatively, you can vote Destroy Shield. If this is the majority vote, then no one will get the shield. Failure to vote will be counted as a vote to destroy the shield.

Deadline is the same as the lynch.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
obviously
well uh now that you mention it

also it's the same reason you're doubting my approach to AI, dangit.

but yea it's because gorf had already mentioned it was a bad idea to talk about voting for who gets the shield, and given your slot has sway, people might actually bite into that poop anyway. but yea that was a big fumble on gorf's part so i'm definitely snooping on dat azz.

so yea give me the shield brohams. no need for deliberation. just do it.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
You can change your vote as many times as you want. Once I receive a majority of votes, I will announce that the shield has been distributed publicly but not who received it. You may not vote yourself. Alternatively, you can vote Destroy Shield. If this is the majority vote, then no one will get the shield. Failure to vote will be counted as a vote to destroy the shield.

Yeah, I did.

#HBC | Gorf

Vote Gorf

Anonymous distribution is incredibly scum sided, as Bardull posted. If we want an ambiguous BP, it should be through hand-offs.
are you serious

WORST CASE SCENARIO with a 4 man team one person gets 3 votes. out of 16 that's nowhere near majority and, considering the fact that the person who gets the shield isn't gonna be on hard founded reads, most people will majority vote the town read that they feel deserves to be protected most. anonymity won't swing it toward scum, it'll hide who gets the shield. the only thing announcing it will do is expose whoever gets the shield and scum will steer clear of killin em. unless of course they choose to give up the shield, in which case... since they're exposed it basically paints a fat target on em.

also take your vote off of me white trash

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
That's horse ****. Anonymity does swing it toward scum because in your example, that's 4 votes which is more than half of majority. If they have someone who looks vaguely like a town read by the end of this phase, they can likely get the shield due to the number of townies voting themselves like I am.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lord.

I didn't want to be outright because I wanted to see what others would say before someone seriously biting over that question. As said, Scum can group on it. I wanted to see who outright opposed a majority voting, and it's not bad for scum to know who is BP because in this case they can take an invulnerability away from is, it's better to keep away from their disposal if at all possible. Not organizing something allows for that to happen. Someone obviously opposing has a reason to.

And as far as AI, there's nothign else of note really happening until now. I set up a loaded question to do it's job, and you attacked it. Least there's something now.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Yeah, I did.
Put on your reading glasses dude. That all happens and ends today. Read that **** slower and ask Raz to help.

Yes, I am. That is how this game is played. Are you willing to lynch with that vote? Which of the points that I made in that post you quoted do you take issue with? What is your read on Gorf and what is your read on Chaco?
I take issue with the fact that you're mudslinging my slot D1 based on your own poor reading, and making me look like the dunce EVEN after I'm proven right for pointing out a fallacy that could hurt us. You afraid of going the long haul with a head who regularly skypes both of your heads in realtime, or do you actually believe what you're saying.

Gorf is Gorf, Chaco is actively avoiding taking a stance we'll see what he says next if anything

I'm as willing as you are if this is the stand you're actually going to make.

Chaco

Never Logs In
**** it

vote chaco

stop tryna make nuthin look like sumthin

campaigning =/= discussing who gets the shield. discussing that essentially tells maf who they're NOT gonna target and makes a no kill that much less possible. anonymity is our best bet here.
lol, and not allows an organized group to potentially steal it. Makes no sense. An invulnerable slot on someone useful is better than them getting it outright. Whether or not it is public info or not. It's mechanic is essentially revolved around that.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
In addition to the lynch this Day, you may vote who gets to wield Captain America's shield by PMing me with a secret vote [Ex: Shield: X.] Whoever gets the majority of votes first will receive the shield granting bulletproof powers. He may pass it to any other player in the game at any point.

Did you ask the mod if you can vote yourself? I don't see that anywhere.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Did you ask the mod if you can vote yourself? I don't see that anywhere.
Ryker if you are seriously putting on an act right now cut it out we need to actually discuss this **** and now I don't trust you.

Event: Captain America's shield!

On the same note I found the "He may pass it at any point" line though :U

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Put on your reading glasses dude. That all happens and ends today. Read that **** slower and ask Raz to help.
First off, it's all moot because we're not distributing it anonymously. Secondly, your point? Waiting until near the end with a fallback plan, you can still wait to see if that anonymous majority is reached without having to make a public agreement to give it to someone. Ex. "Ok guys, if we get to 6 hours before the end of the phase, then we all pile our shield votes on Murderbush."

I take issue with the fact that you're mudslinging my slot D1 based on your own poor reading, and making me look like the dunce EVEN after I'm proven right for pointing out a fallacy that could hurt us. You afraid of going the long haul with a head who regularly skypes both of your heads in realtime, or do you actually believe what you're saying.
Mudslinging? I said I'd choke you to death. I also said I'd choke to death my biggest town read at the moment. You're a null read because you obviously didn't understand the dichotomy I set up in an attempt to read KWK that actually ended up being used on Bardull and Gorf. This means it doesn't apply to you and therefore your slot is null.

Gorf is Gorf, Chaco is actively avoiding taking a stance we'll see what he says next if anything

I'm as willing as you are if this is the stand you're actually going to make.
What stand am I making? I stand on everything I've said that hasn't been outdated, but I really don't know what you're talking about at this point.

I stand on Bardull town and Gorf scum.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ryker if you are seriously putting on an act right now cut it out we need to actually discuss this **** and now I don't trust you.

On the same note I found the "He may pass it at any point" line though :U
Oh, I'm blind. I also have a PM saying I can't vote myself. Point still stands as 3 is more votes than any townie has innately.

Chaco

Never Logs In
(I don't actually care about that, I just wanted to get KWK talking to me)
Ah, okay.

In another light an idea that hasn't been mentioned, forcibly passing the shield every night? Reporting who next day phase. Scum get it and keep it, they're reported as getting it because person holding it is unkillable until then. They'll be forced to move it. Scumhunt like normal and keep it moving. It also gives the chance for scum to be slipped by a constantly moving shield. If they hold onto it. Whoever flips anti-town, investigate their pass interactions if they've had them.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh, I'm blind. I also have a PM saying I can't vote myself. Point still stands as 3 is more votes than any townie has innately.
"3 is more votes than any townie has innately."

no way. i can go down the list of the players that have zero chance of getting the shield via anonymous plurality. nobody's gonna be dumb enough to give the shield to lylo bait.

****in **** i gotta get myself outta thread or im never gonna wake up for class

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ah, okay.

In another light an idea that hasn't been mentioned, forcibly passing the shield every night? Reporting who next day phase. Scum get it and keep it, they're reported as getting it because person holding it is unkillable until then. They'll be forced to move it. Scumhunt like normal and keep it moving. It also gives the chance for scum to be slipped by a constantly moving shield. If they hold onto it. Whoever flips anti-town, investigate their pass interactions if they've had them.
There. Is. No. Night.

#HBC | Gorf

Ah, okay.

not sure if serious... if the generally accepted notion is to pass it every Day why in gods name would scum keep it?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
The shield should probably go to someone and stick there unless there is reason to move it and then it should be documented where it is. Town can use it like a publicly announced doc protect. No, it won't catch any kills, but it will also keep whoever needs to stay alive from dying and any doc we do have can act more autonomously.

Top Bottom