• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Hmmm. That claim. Still waiting for the puncher to claim cause that's a scummy or to me. Whoever stuck me and chaco together too probably

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Oh geez. Okay Ruy yes that finger of suspicion served no purpose and I shouldn't have posted it but I wanted to express the thought that JeXs play had gone to ****. No I don't actually think he was recruited because I do know marshys stance on that kind of ability but I made a joke at the fact that his play did a 180 in quality all of a sudden.

Hard stance is that he is town. That hasn't changed, just his play did.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't think jexs is scum either but definitely needs a break and will hopefully explain himself a bit later. I'm a little queasy about the the beat claim since the ability isn't necessarily town or scum driven as it can help both factions depending on how it is used. I'm still not really a fan of beat's interactions with ruy and the scumread but I'll do some thinking on it.

I'll explain why I don't think joker should get bodied later since I never really explained the swap. Frankly I hate his tunneling of kwk when kantrip pretty much told sokr 'bad sokr, bad' and made the switch, but it's not that scummy to me upon a reread.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Howdy howdy, been getting destroyed by my work weeks.

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
Late reply man... How were you looking to PoE slots by claiming? It isn't registering to me how you'd be able to do that.

Seeing more JeXs stuff and I think he needs a good drink or two. Stick this out buddy. Believe in the town that believes in you!

Going to skim stuff again since I'm off work. Need a good refresher.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Late reply man... How were you looking to PoE slots by claiming? It isn't registering to me how you'd be able to do that.
Because some claims are credible and can be backed up. Other claims leave contradictions .. especially in a game where there are no vanilla roles. So far Beat's claim is backed up by the mod and nobody has counterlaimed him, meaning his claim is almost certainly accurate. I'm not sure yet about the alignment though. I'll have to think more about it but it's definitely something to work with.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
im back ******* :smirk:

might not be posting till tomorrow cuz work + waking up for school, but i'll be back in dis ***** within 24 hours.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Aight.

I'm John Stewart, Town Guardian. The "beam of light" on Ruy was done by me. My ability does exactly what it looks like, it makes whatever slot I target require an additional vote for a lynch to go through for the following two Days. It's a Public (obviously) and Locked ability, so I get to use it once per Day. However, I can only use it on any given slot twice. I also can't use it on myself.

D1 I didn't use it because I was okay with either one of BSL and KWK dying and I'd just be wasting a "charge" by using it on anyone else.

D2 I decided pretty early on that I was going to use it on someone, just to make it known that there is a way to counteract the ability that was used on BSL and Ruy if need be. I used it on Ruy specifically because at the time I had a null read on the slot, so when he reacted to the other ability by complaining about not being able to stay alive until LyLo, I figured I'd see how he'd react to the prospect of not necessarily having to die at some point. I think I could've gone about it better by letting him respond to the event on his own instead of immediately asking him about it.

I have clearly not used it toDay and I'm not sure how I should be using it from here on out.

To summarize, I have one charge left for Ryu's slot and two charges left for everyone else except myself.
Ehh....Seems scummy imo

#HBC | Gorf

You'll be lynched by then tho

no

i think beats claim is legit. his plays been pretty scummy throughout, but i can see the townie intent behind most of what hes saying (that is to say, nothing in particular that hes said has jumped up and screamed of it being scummy). and simply put, i cant see any anti town faction having this role and the claim lines up with how the powers been used. so unless someone cc's, beats not getting lynched.

that being said, idk if the getting punched thing is inherently scummy. could easily just be two town roles countering eachother (miller + cop comes to mind), so anyone making that a definitive is ********.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids , who's scum?

@ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair where the **** are you and also hello @Raziek i see youre lurkin round this part o' town :)

did i miss something or is there any particular reason that rake is being overall regarded as town?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
gorf why cant that ability be scum? if the puncher is town i could see it
good question

probs you
maybe murder
scary?
beat?

still hate ruy play-wise but gonna sit on this one

gheb could very well be scum even though ive been inclined to like him

theres a lot of implied and assumed mechanics **** floating around at this point and honestly id love to see a mass-claim in the woodworks, probably gonna happen toMorrow

cuz yeah i dont feel confident in any scumreads

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ehh....Seems scummy imo
Chaco. I understand that Beat! cuts a stunning figure, but you can stop looking for reasons to keep him in your sights. If that role is scummy, it's because he's a ****ing Indy, because there's no way mafia is allowed to take that power to LyLo. You started on him because of an imaginary scumtell. He responded by RIGHTFULLY questioning what you were talking about, and directing you to 5 other people whose justification you could look at. You then called him defensive for responding to an unjustified attack, and your read has been warping out of control based on that. It looks like you've fabricated your own reasoning to scumread him, when he was justified in questioning the initial basis of your read. I want you to re-examine that read and try hard to ignore the negative feedback loop between yourself and Joker.

To recap this day phase:

We have that Beat! interaction that we've just discussed.
We have JeXs vs. Joker/Chaco.
And we have 2 claims on the board: Beat's Guardian claim, and Chaco's Hider claim.

First of all, the claims can stop now. There's no reason for either of these two players to have had to claim.

To talk about the JeXs interaction, I have no idea why you guys felt the need to be that aggressive about it. JeXs was very well within his right to suggest something, and Joker tried to take a dump on him for it. It looks like two parents scolding a child for reminding them that their rent is due. Chaco, meanwhile, is over here playing the Ghost of Smashboards Past, and trying to revive a meta that has been killed for a reason.

Outside of that, Ruy's made a string of posts, Scary has stayed firmly seated on the fence, and Gheb has continued to mostly go with the flow in this game.

If we've missed anything (from toDay) that we need to comment on, bring it up. But until then, with people bailing off a KWK push like it's white after Labor Day, I am forced to ask once more: Why aren't we pushing Gorf, exactly? We haven't been around because mafia isn't our number one priority right now. (I like the honeymoon analogy <3) But that doesn't mean Gorf should be clear all of a sudden. I see a bunch of people saying things like "Yeah, Gorf can go." or "I need to re-read Gorf", but nobody's actually doing it. With the giant lack of support for a Beat! wagon, I have to ask why in the world this slot (Gorf's) isn't already at L-2.

Vote: Gorf

Either quit ******* around and make a whole-hearted push in another direction, rather than this half-ass ****, or vote Gorf with us.

We should be around more consistently from here on out, except for the period of time next week (Monday-Tuesday) when Raz is travelling back.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
scum getting anywhere near lylo with a +1 to lynch power does sound OP

but if the puncher is town there's a mechanic to counteract that. if the light guy makes it to lylo and the puncher doesnt then yeah town gets ****ed, but that's just like having a scum doublevoter or executor or voteblocker etc

theres lots of **** going on in this game. its an all PR setup and town is looking pretty damn powerful. giving scum the possibility to win lylo but with town having a role to counteract it isnt all that out of the question

if theres any reason to call beat town, i really dont think its his claim.

#HBC | Gorf

gorf why cant that ability be scum? if the puncher is town i could see it

good question

probs you
maybe murder
scary?
beat?

still hate ruy play-wise but gonna sit on this one

gheb could very well be scum even though ive been inclined to like him

theres a lot of implied and assumed mechanics **** floating around at this point and honestly id love to see a mass-claim in the woodworks, probably gonna happen toMorrow

cuz yeah i dont feel confident in any scumreads
mkay

i was doing some reskimming of the thread during my forced leave of absence n came to a startling conclusion.

i... may have had tunnel vision with your slot.

i wanted to know who you think is scum cuz i wanted to know if youre still looking within the realm of who rb'd you, cuz quite frankly that should be your biggest lead on where to look. if AT LEAST a decent portion your answer didnt include that small pool of players, i wouldve called bull**** on your claiming to be rb'd and tried revitalizing your wagon. but solely off of memory 3/6 possible scum reads are in that small window of possible rb's, so that aligns pretty well.

and with that being said, i gotta think.

#HBC | Gorf

@ BarDulL BarDulL your analysis of me going to the bsl wagon is poor. i had mentioned dislike of that slot early on, and the ultimate reason i joined the wagon was cuz jex wanted to spearhead it n he had REALLY solid reasoning. the uber watcher being op deal (which it is) came up so that people wouldnt think about just hopping off his wagon.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
lets assume worst case scenario here

its 5 man lylo and the town puncher is dead

scum light guy and one other scum are alive
scum light guy makes his partner take +1 to lynch

town all thought he was scum but now they cant lynch him oh no. they got totally countered

town realizes there is another mafia member alive who they can lynch and they go for him instead. turns out he's the one doing the light stuff and can't do it to himself

#HBC | Gorf

that still makes it 1/4 instead of 2/5 which is extremely gay. its just a hell of a lot of bull**** for town to deal with in a lylo situation.

like... its not the MOST broken scum role in the world. but its certainly pretty bad imho and id be surprised if scum had a member that only had THAT as their power, whereas i can absolutely see town only having THAT power.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
yeah i mean that would majorly suck but that's assuming worst case scenario which entails the town role to counteract it being dead

as you said its not that op of an ability except for that rare scenario where scum has to keep that member alive

the effect wears off after 2 Days too so it's not like scum can just power up their mates twice and ride it out or anything op like that

i just dont see anything that holds it back from possibly being a scum power

#HBC | Gorf

ehh... touche i guess. i still doubt the role is scummy and beats explanation of its use aligns REALLY well with a townie pov.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
scum getting anywhere near lylo with a +1 to lynch power does sound OP

but if the puncher is town there's a mechanic to counteract that. if the light guy makes it to lylo and the puncher doesnt then yeah town gets ****ed, but that's just like having a scum doublevoter or executor or voteblocker etc

theres lots of **** going on in this game. its an all PR setup and town is looking pretty damn powerful. giving scum the possibility to win lylo but with town having a role to counteract it isnt all that out of the question

if theres any reason to call beat town, i really dont think its his claim.
Thank you so much for the beautiful set-up speculation, and for giving us nothing that actually pertains to the meat of our post.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy

snap Chaco just got ROCKED! he will take one less vote from the majority to be lynched! this means with a 6 man majority he will be lynched on 5 votes and so on for the rest of the game! this modnote will accompany votecounts moving forward

beam of light engulfs red ruy. he is once again lynched at a majority for d2 n d3!

Gargaglione (3): Red Ryu, KWK, Murderbush
Beat! (2): Gheb, Chaco/Rake
Murderbush (1): Jexs
Scary (1): Bardull

Not Voting (5): Scary, Gorf, Joker, Beat!

Deadline is 9/13 11:59:59 PM EST. With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL > KWK
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK > Red Ryu
4. adumbrodeus => Murderbush > Ruy > Gorf > KWK
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK > Murderbush
6. Gheb_01 => KWK > Gorf > KWK > adumbrodeus > Rake > adumbrodeus > Beat!
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu > Rake > Murderbush > Gorf > adumbrodeus > murderbush > Gawgoline
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote > adumbrodeus > Beat! > Scary
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK > Murderbush > Gorf > Joker > adumbrodeus > Murderbush > Joker > Bardull > Murderbush
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK > beat!
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru > unvote > Scary > Gorf
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

well then

i guess that confirms that that roles anti town

(dont worry you guys are gonna end up agreeing with me too veeeery soon)

Beat!

Smash Master
Joker, you gotta remember that the adum lynch wasn't actually intended. He was hammered on accident. I had no intention to actually lynch him. I know there's no way to prove this claim but that's all I can give you.

I think we should lynch Gorf, Beat or KWK toDay.

So just to be clear here, can you confirm that at the time of making this post:

@ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair

Put your vote somewhere useful plz. You're like almost as useless as a non-voter.

You suck and should not be playing this game.

when both KWK and adum were at L-2 (or technically L-1 in adum's case but that wasn't known yet) and the only ones not voting for either one of them were MB, Scary and myself, you actually had no "intention" of lynching adum? If we for a second assume that adum hadn't been hated (in other words, no accidental hammer), what exactly were you expecting to happen? At what point were you planning to hop off adum?

Top Bottom