• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

Samtaro

Smash Rookie
Yes the Skull Kid figurine that comes with "Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D" is for North America. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I'll probably revisit it on N64 as well first...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We aren't getting Young Link as DLC in SSB4. If anything, we are getting Skull Kid as DLC in Hyrule Warriors. I am certain of that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We aren't getting Young Link as DLC in SSB4. If anything, we are getting Skull Kid as DLC in Hyrule Warriors. I am certain of that.
Plot twist: we get Young Link DLC for Hyrule Warriors and Skull Kid DLC for Smash. :awesome:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Come on guys, where's all your spirit?

So what if it looks grim? We got a remake of Majoras Mask coming up! If there's anytime to let the people have hope, it's now!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I was wrong... but I am happy to be wrong because I got Tingle!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sup guys, I am a huge Young Link supporter and would do anything an everything to get Young Link in smash 4 as DLC. I don't care if it is Melee, MM or Hyrule Warriors Young Link, as long as the little guy comes back. So, what's up:)?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I think Young Link should be a Toon Link semi clone. He has different specials with his masks and elemental bow, showing off Majora's Mask, and a few Link like attacks in Bair, Nair, Dair, and USmash. The Rest, however, are taken from Toon Link. Young Link is Stronger than Toon But also lighter, meaning he has harder survivability.

Megablitzer425

Smash Rookie
NNID
Megablitzer
3DS FC
2337-6142-2176
Now I know what some of you are thinking "but we already have Link and Toon Link we don't need another clone of Link" and I agree but this is why I chose MM (Majora's Mask for short if you didn't know) Link because he can be more unique than his OOT (Ocarina of Time) Counterpart he has masks that he can use to battle with so here we go (MAJOR SPOILERS LEAVE NOW OR BE SPOILED)

Special: Bubble- Link will be covered in purple smoke (meaning he putted on the deku mask) and charge up a Bubble (like Lucario's aura sphere but its in front of him) when Deku Link shoots it and it hits a target it will pop and cause damage if it doesn't reach any target it will fly up and pop

Side Special: Zora boomerang- Link will be covered in purple smoke and will become Zora Link he will throw his fins (like Links Boomerang but no wind effect) however the fins will not go back to Link but next time you use the move the fins will grow back

Down Special: Goron Roll- again Link will be covered by purple smoke meaning he's putting on the Goron mask and go into a spinning form (Like Sonic's Down Special) but if you charge it up spikes will causing more damage but there's a catch unlike Sonic's Spin Charge and Jigglypuff's Rollout you can't go the other way nor you can jump out of it the only way to get out of it is you press the move again or it will stop eventually

Dash attack: Deku Spin Purple Smoke blahblahblah puts on deku mask and spins like in the game (Basically Megaman's Top Spin)

Front Smash Goron Punch purple smoke turns into a Goron and punches

(This is where you come in Help me think of a Down Smash plz)

Up Smash Spinning Flower Smoke, turns into a Deku scrub uses a flower to spin like a helicopter Propeller and it does multiple damage

Grab attacks are the same as Melee's

Up Taunt Link puts on that creepy mask that makes him dance and he does the dance it ends like when the villager Side taunt ends

Side Taunt Link randomly puts on the Deku,Goron, or Zora mask or stays the same and they play on their instruments
Link-Ocarina
Deku Link-Pipes
Goron Link-Drums or Bongos (idk)
Zora Link-Guitar
And they play they play the Song of healing,Song of Time, Song of double time,Song of inverted time, or epona's song

Finally the Final Smash I actually have 3 in mind Moonfall Fierce Diety and Moon Slash Moon fall is basically Olimars Final smash but it comes down and had a higher hitbox Fierce Diety is Link puts on the Fierce Diety Mask and has 2 moves pressing Special makes him shoot a beam from his sword while attack makes him swing his sword Moon Slash is Link slashes you as fierce diety and teleports you to Termina field (simaller to Shulks FS) and Skull kid pulls down the moon but Link slices the moon (which he hits you) and the moon explodes which blows you out of it and you get knocked back (this fs inspired my one of Young Links moves in Hyrule Warriors well thats it Im not expecting to see him returning and if he does he won't have this moveset but hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions for his moves please comment and share your Ideas thanks for reading

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yess, I support.
I guess an idea for dsmash could be YL's spin attack? To differentiate it from Shulk's similar dsmash, there'd be separate hitboxes from the sword just like the upgraded spin attack in MM you get from the first Great Fairy.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think Young Link should be a Toon Link semi clone. He has different specials with his masks and elemental bow, showing off Majora's Mask, and a few Link like attacks in Bair, Nair, Dair, and USmash. The Rest, however, are taken from Toon Link. Young Link is Stronger than Toon But also lighter, meaning he has harder survivability.
Would he keep the back-throw?

Megablitzer425

Smash Rookie
NNID
Megablitzer
3DS FC
2337-6142-2176
Yess, I support.
I guess an idea for dsmash could be YL's spin attack? To differentiate it from Shulk's similar dsmash, there'd be separate hitboxes from the sword just like the upgraded spin attack in MM you get from the first Great Fairy.
I forgot about that move! Thanks!

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
No.
It's true that his usage of masks will make him stand out more than Toon Link/Young Link, , but we really don't need 3 different Links.
Give other Zelda characters a chance to shine.

2 versions of the same character are enough.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Now I know what some of you are thinking "but we already have Link and Toon Link we don't need another clone of Link" and I agree but this is why I chose MM (Majora's Mask for short if you didn't know) Link because he can be more unique than his OOT (Ocarina of Time) Counterpart he has masks that he can use to battle with so here we go (MAJOR SPOILERS LEAVE NOW OR BE SPOILED)

Special: Bubble- Link will be covered in purple smoke (meaning he putted on the deku mask) and charge up a Bubble (like Lucario's aura sphere but its in front of him) when Deku Link shoots it and it hits a target it will pop and cause damage if it doesn't reach any target it will fly up and pop

Side Special: Zora boomerang- Link will be covered in purple smoke and will become Zora Link he will throw his fins (like Links Boomerang but no wind effect) however the fins will not go back to Link but next time you use the move the fins will grow back

Down Special: Goron Roll- again Link will be covered by purple smoke meaning he's putting on the Goron mask and go into a spinning form (Like Sonic's Down Special) but if you charge it up spikes will causing more damage but there's a catch unlike Sonic's Spin Charge and Jigglypuff's Rollout you can't go the other way nor you can jump out of it the only way to get out of it is you press the move again or it will stop eventually

Dash attack: Deku Spin Purple Smoke blahblahblah puts on deku mask and spins like in the game (Basically Megaman's Top Spin)

Front Smash Goron Punch purple smoke turns into a Goron and punches

(This is where you come in Help me think of a Down Smash plz)

Up Smash Spinning Flower Smoke, turns into a Deku scrub uses a flower to spin like a helicopter Propeller and it does multiple damage

Grab attacks are the same as Melee's

Up Taunt Link puts on that creepy mask that makes him dance and he does the dance it ends like when the villager Side taunt ends

Side Taunt Link randomly puts on the Deku,Goron, or Zora mask or stays the same and they play on their instruments
Link-Ocarina
Deku Link-Pipes
Goron Link-Drums or Bongos (idk)
Zora Link-Guitar
And they play they play the Song of healing,Song of Time, Song of double time,Song of inverted time, or epona's song

Finally the Final Smash I actually have 3 in mind Moonfall Fierce Diety and Moon Slash Moon fall is basically Olimars Final smash but it comes down and had a higher hitbox Fierce Diety is Link puts on the Fierce Diety Mask and has 2 moves pressing Special makes him shoot a beam from his sword while attack makes him swing his sword Moon Slash is Link slashes you as fierce diety and teleports you to Termina field (simaller to Shulks FS) and Skull kid pulls down the moon but Link slices the moon (which he hits you) and the moon explodes which blows you out of it and you get knocked back (this fs inspired my one of Young Links moves in Hyrule Warriors well thats it Im not expecting to see him returning and if he does he won't have this moveset but hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions for his moves please comment and share your Ideas thanks for reading
I have merged your post into this thread.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I through together a quick moveset for Young Link using masks and the Gilded Sword.

I took some influence from Hyrule Warriors, where Young Link used his sword for the times when he is less powerful, and his Fierce Deity Mask when he is strong, but in my moveset he uses his sword and minor masks for weaker moves, and his transformation masks for the stronger ones. But, since the mask moves are strong, Young Link transforming back and removing the masks causes some lag.

Please check it out and share your thoughts. It's the first full moveset I've made.

[collapse=Young Link Moveset]
Entrance - YL (Young Link) lands on the stage from using the Song of Soaring, which looks like it does in MM, with the egg-shaped feather pod thing

Neutral A - YL swings his Gilded Sword forward horizontally
Neutral A Combo - YL does the normal "swing, swing, swing" combo from MM, the last swing having some KO potential if the target has pretty high percentage
Dash Attack - YL does a moving spin attack with his sword

Forward Tilt - YL puts on the Bremen Mask, and marches forward
Up Tilt - YL puts on the Bunny Hood, takes a tiny hop upward, and does an upward jab with his sword
Down Tilt - YL puts on Kamaro's Mask, and does a motion of the dance

Up Smash - YL becomes ZL (Zora Link), and performs a quick hop with his magic barrier activated
Down Smash - YL becomes GL (Goron Link), and does a strong punch to one side and then the other
Forward Smash - YL becomes DL (Deku Link) and shoots a snot bubble a short distance forward (the longer it's charged = the bigger, more powerful, and farther it goes)

Neutral air - YL puts on the Postman's Mask and jabs an envelope forward
Up air - YL becomes DL and spins with a slight upward movement
Down air - YL transforms into GL, curls up, and slams straight down, similar to Bowser's down aerial
Forwards air - YL swings his sword as if he jumped off a ledge and swung his sword in MM, except there is no downward movement
Back air - YL becomes ZL, turns around, and slashes with his boomerang fins

Grab - YL shoots his Golden Hookshot
Grab attack - YL wears a random mask and headbutts the fighter in his grasp
Up throw - YL puts on Don Gero's mask, throws the enemy in the air, then leaps up and kicks him/her
Down throw - YL wears his Blast Mask, dives on top of the enemy (with his shield up) and explodes
Forward throw - YL puts on the Gibdo Mask, freezes the opponent like a Gibdo would, then kicks them
Back throw - YL puts on the Keaton's Mask, and a Keaton appears for a quick moment and knocks the enemy back

B - YL becomes ZL and throws his boomerangs fins
Up B - YL becomes DL and fires himself up, as if he flew out of a Deku Bud
Side B - YL becomes GL and does the Goron Roll, which functions like Yoshi and Jigglypuff's Side Special, but it gets stronger and faster after rolling longer
Down B - YL uses the Mirror Shield as a reflector, which also reduces the damage done by non-projectile attacks

Final Smash - YL transforms into GL and throws a powder keg forward a short distance. Anyone caught will be launched straight up in the air together, then GL will become DL, who will plant a Deku Bud and slam them into it, which will cause them to launch back up in the air even higher. DL will now become ZL, and will jump into and go past the victims in the magic barrier, and will then transform into Fierce Deity Link, and will deal one final blow to the victims, before landing and become YL once more.[/collapse]

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I actually have been think of a moveset based on Hyrule warriors Young Link. Give me a little bit of time to finalise it and I will post it ASAP.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Personally, I prefer the air I think Young Link should next smash, when in game transformations may not be a problem. When that time comes, I think this should happen:
1. Young Link keeps everything in his move set that keeps him unique, and the rest of his moves should be a mix of link and Toon Link. (he should look more skilled than Toon Link, but not as skilled as Link)
2. Young Link has Ice Arrows. The fire arrows are cool, but that is it.
3. Down Special does not go in a set order. Instead, while you use the down special, holding down will give you Deku Link, holding left will give you Goron Link, holding right will give you Zora Link, and leaving it at rest will make you regular Link again.
4. After a period of time passes, your character will glow. When this happens using the down special, and pressing up will give you Fierce Deity Link.
5.Deku Link is good for spacing, and longevity, Zora Link is good at dealing damage, and Goron Link is good at delivering K.O.s. Young Link is a balance between the three, and Fierce Deity Link is slightly broken, but is not in play long.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a Majora's Mask themed young link as opposed to a clone.

Personally, I'd like to see transforming between zora, Goron, and Deku, and Hylian... but that kind of charecter went the way of the Ice Climbers...

Having different specials quickly change him into those forums is an interesting concept... but might feel off.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I support him to replace Toon Link. Toon Link is more unique visually, but he feels bland, especially because the developers have not even tried to give him some unique moves from Windwaker (ironically they gave Zelda a move from Spirit Tracks for no reasons instead); also we haven't got a toon Zelda game in a while (cell shading alone doesn't count) and I don't think we will get one soon, since it looks like the trend stopped after the DS (on 3DS we got a classic link game and 2 N64 remakes with the hero of time as protagonist, and on WiiU we are getting an adult-link style game).
Young Link, that should be called The Hero of Time if you nask me (I know it will never happen though), not only has an obligatory Fierce Deity Link final smash that makes him different from the other two Links, but he is playable in the most unique Zelda game ever, and the mechanics of that game could make him very unique and a distinct character despite being a Link.

This said, I think that his specials should be:

B - Play the ocarina to activate some kind of temporary power-up (maybe slow time for 3 seconds?)
B+up - transforms into Deku Link and jump out from the flower, doing some damage (it can be performed mid-air and on land)
B+side - transforms into Zora and uses the boomerangs similar to the normal Link
B+down - transforms into goron and rolls/stomps then rolls if midair

After performing a special move and changing your shape, you will mantain that shape until you'll do another special move or do a taunt (like Kirby removing abilities), and the whole normal moveset (A) and the instrument used in B neutral changes depending on your form.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr Young Link in smash? Yes! Young Link replacing Toon Link? Noooooooooooooo! I'm not a big fan of Toon Link and I still hate this idea. I want all of the cut veterans to return, not make new cut veterans. I also think all of your specials transforming you could get slightly confusing. (but I'm probably the only one who thinks so)

EDIT: How come Young Link is shown with the Keaton Mask in Hyrule Warriors even though it's only used for a taunt? This bothers me way more than it should.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
@ Marxally Marxally I'd be no different if Wolf Link was DLC. Same character, way different playstyle.
I'm not a fan of having too many multiple verisons of the same character, that's why I said that he should replace Toon Link... Young Link, with a new moveset based on mask, would be an exception, because he would be very unique.
Anyway I'd rather have Midna on a generic wolf (like in Hyrule Warriors) than having Wolf Link... it's just a matter of names, it wouldn't make any difference gameplay-wise.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not really the point of why people dislike the idea. Dark Pit is a separate entity to Pit and people still dislike him.

Wouldn't really make sense in canon, either, since Young Link's timeline is the path that leads into Twilight Princess, which is the design Link is based on in Smash.

The mask gimmick is a nice concept, but I'd rather it be applied to somebody like Happy Mask Salesman. Shame he has no chance of ever appearing in Smash.

I'd be up for Young Link as an alt of Toon Link, or vice-versa, particularly if they were decloned.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer Young link over mewtwo surprisingly. I've just always like him over toon link but 3 links in the same game would seem off.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Toon link is a clone... a slightly modified one but a cone still.

He is in the game, and I don't think he needs replacing.

Young link would need a new move set to be worth including... but I don't see why any DLC would replace characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Toon Link doesn't need to go and be replaced.
To me, his addition and every potential DLC characters are like desserts. (what Sakurai refers the newcomer clones as)
If Young Link comes back he's not going to replace anyone.
Since Toon Link and Link basically take Young Link's playstyle completely, the only way I can see him added is if he had some unique moves alongside him, using the masks as temporary moves.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
No thanks. We got enough of multiple character slots being wasted on one character in Mario Kart 8. Especially with Mario (Baby, Metal, Tanooki, and normal).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i don't really see the point of coming to thread to say "i don't support this character" if you don't support him just ignore the thread.Also I would love to be added to the supporter list

Top Bottom