• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawgbowl Presents: Brawl+ and Poker, 2 ways to take your money! (July 11th)

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Soooo here's the deal, I'm terrible at brawl right? and equally as bad at brawl+ right? Ok, well then we'll play a little poker so I can get back what you win from me... sound good? Thought so. This will be a BRAWL+ Fest and tournaments will also happen for both singles, doubles, possibly crews but we'll see. (Copypasta alot of Hacka-farm fest 2.0)

Electricity fee: $2, free if you bring a TV or hacked Wii.
Singles: $5
Teams: $10 per team
Payouts will be 60-30-10 for both events.

We'll probably do 5,000 chips for 5$ running basic tourney rules (No limit hold em of course) I'll raise blinds probably every 10-15 minutes pending on # of entrants and speed of the other dealer if needed (i'm quick, my roomate is much quicker)

Not many entrants may just pay out top 2, if everyones feeling lucky we can raise the stakes.

Rules:

Standard rules, Brawl+ should not have infinites. You find it, you keep it.

I have 4.2, we may just end up using it unless someone can give me a reason not to. Otherwise, I have 4.1 and we'll just use that since it is what they suggest. (I don't have a problem with custom skins, they aren't on mine but if you want to bring em we can run em)

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2
Wario Ware

Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion (If this comes up in teams, DO NOT ATTACK RIGHT AWAY. When the match starts, one team moves to the left side, the other to the right, someone counts down from 3, then the match may begin)

(I don't like the wifi waiting room, we don't need two FDs essentially)

Place:

512 Old Home Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21206

Parking is pretty good, you just park along side the street somewhere, there is one spot for the elderly lady next to us... I will ask you not to park there/move your car if you do, she has put up with a ton of noise we've created. If you know where 95/695 meet on the northeast side of the beltway, I'm minutes from that jct.

Time:
It'll be on Saturday. You may begin showing up around 10am, hopefully i'll be awake.

(what we are trying for, if it doesn't happen... whatever)
12pm-3pm: Teams
3pm-8pm: Singles
(Maybe a break for some food? things end early?)
Poker Tournament: 9:30 (ish) until whenever.

Unfortunately, I can't house anyone, either night but I'm not really kicking anyone out til midnight or 1am but I imagine most will have left by then.

What to Bring:
I have 2 TVs of a decent size that work, and 2 more that WOULD work but I need a universal remote because apparently you can't get to their inputs without a remote... don't ask. So a Wii or TV would be great, i'll have space set aside. Probably going to do a setup in the kitchen, living room and 2+ in the basement... really we have the space for alot.

Food:

I live right off Bel Air Rd, I can name about 20-30 places within 5-10 minutes... I'll group them in area's.
(South of my place) Long johns, KFC, Subway at a gas station.
(North of my place) Carrabbas, Subway, Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Arbys, IHOP, Dennys, Quiznos, Dunken Donuts... Another Dunken Donuts with baskin robins.
(East of my place) White marsh... Seriously they have everything. Chili's, Fudruckers, Buff wild wings, PF changs, Red Lobster, Panera, I can go on forever in just that one mile radius.

Beverages:
Safeway is a minute north on bel air rd when you get off the exit.

I don't care if you want to bring beer/liquor whatever. Knock yourself out, but if your driving I'll be watching you.

If you have any questions, post em here or PM them to me.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Thank goodness, I thought there'd be no events for me to attend in July. You sir are a true gentleman.

There's one little flaw with your plan though. I'm pretty **** good at poker too ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm there.

I really recommend we stick with the official 4.1 and not the 4.2 nightly build. Not that there's anything wrong with the nightly build, but the WBR really wants tourneys to use official releases, so that way people aren't gonna be playing different games every tourney.

I can bring up to 3 TVs if you need them. I guess it depends what the turnout is looking like.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm sure you can put Turbo down for attending once he knows about this, maybe SteveH if we find him? I'd come too if there weren't a Melee fest happening on the same day.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
yeah my bad >_> Kind of random and with otakon the following weekend figured I'd give it a go. And yeah we can use 4.1 I know you are a member of the team so I trust your opinion. I really don't care cause Lucas didn't change any between them... But I may not be using Lucas on sat... 0.o

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
**** i wish i could go. if i had known of this beforehand i wouldve asked off for work.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Otakon doesn't want Brawl+.

What fail. I can't learn Melee in three days. ;-;

Anyway, even with less people I'd really like to go. I need to find more players in my area.

So...This is taking place in your house? xD (GEarth)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
D@mn Seagull I was hoping you would come so I could **** you.

And then maybe we could play smash.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Otakon doesn't want Brawl+.

What fail. I can't learn Melee in three days. ;-;

Anyway, even with less people I'd really like to go. I need to find more players in my area.

So...This is taking place in your house? xD (GEarth)
yep yep, I got a couple friends off smashboards coming too, help them out.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
well so far I've only had 2 confirms. Not seeing much in the way of fests/tournaments on the 25th (the saturday following otakon) so let me ask... which is better?

I don't care which, but if there is a serious business tournament on the 25th then it'd be better to do it now.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll try to come, I'm going all Sonic in Brawl+ singles as always.

Vist

Smash Champion
im short on time so i kinda just glanced at the info, but i'm definitely interested in coming

i want to do some teammmmmmmms

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I would be up for both 11th and 25th if it were possible. Maybe have a smashfest on the 11th, and have a tourney the 25th due to lack of notice and the possibility of that ****** seagull among others coming (jk man, you my boy)? I know I'm not doing anything either day, so whatever you decide to do works for me.

Food:

I live right off Bel Air Rd, I can name about 20-30 places within 5-10 minutes... I'll group them in area's.
(South of my place) Long johns, KFC, Subway at a gas station.
(North of my place) Carrabbas, Subway, Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Arbys, IHOP, Dennys, Quiznos, Dunken Donuts... Another Dunken Donuts with baskin robins.
(East of my place) White marsh... Seriously they have everything. Chili's, Fudruckers, Buff wild wings, PF changs, Red Lobster, Panera, I can go on forever in just that one mile radius.
hell yeaaaaaaah.

JCaes what have you turned me into? XD

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I would be up for both 11th and 25th if it were possible. Maybe have a smashfest on the 11th, and have a tourney the 25th due to lack of notice and the possibility of that ****** seagull among others coming (jk man, you my boy)? I know I'm not doing anything either day, so whatever you decide to do works for me.

hell yeaaaaaaah.

JCaes what have you turned me into? XD
Trivia rematch!!

Both dates could be possible, one of my roomates really isn't here often... The other is and he's pretty pissed that I didn't tell him until last night lol cause he's studying for his CPA or whatever.

We can see whether or not we want to do a tournament the day of, Jcaes is your bro coming? we may need to put a little magic back into the teams scene.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Haha I think he means Bandit.

I dunno about the 25th. I really wanted to go to HERB2 and bring as many B+ers and toasty-lovers with me as possible, since there will be plenty of both there.

Anyone interested in going to HERB2? Go down Friday come back Sunday. I don't mind driving as long as people pitch in for gas. I'm pretty sure we have housing with Karn, might be a few bucks though.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467

I dunno about the 25th. I really wanted to go to HERB2 and bring as many B+ers and toasty-lovers with me as possible, since there will be plenty of both there.

Anyone interested in going to HERB2? Go down Friday come back Sunday. I don't mind driving as long as people pitch in for gas. I'm pretty sure we have housing with Karn, might be a few bucks though.
my bad, thought he was your brother >_>

Yeah, like I said, if its too much trouble moving it to the 25th we'll just do this date and maybe i'll plan something in the future maybe mid august or something.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Trivia rematch!!

Both dates could be possible, one of my roomates really isn't here often... The other is and he's pretty pissed that I didn't tell him until last night lol cause he's studying for his CPA or whatever.

We can see whether or not we want to do a tournament the day of, Jcaes is your bro coming? we may need to put a little magic back into the teams scene.
any team i'm on for trivia is guaranteed a win;)

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace

Oh ****, HERB2's on the 25th? I was supposed to meet TehUmby and HotGarbage then since our Apex meeting never worked out. Yeah 25th is no longer a go for me if it's held then.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
T-Horse you're going to HERB2? Wanna carpool?

I still need to find out who Brawl+wise is going (so we can leave before Brawl is over).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If I manage to go to HERB2, I will play all 3 games, so carpooling with me probably isn't an option, sadly, as you live 5 mins away

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just don't feel like coming back late Sunday night. It's a long enough drive as it is without having to wait for Brawl all day.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Red Bandit is definitely playing poker. He's pretty good too.

Thunderhorse said he's good also.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
My roomate you met PJ will probably be there, along with my other roomate John and probably a couple of other non-smash players. Hopefully, a decent pot size.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
alas, I Cannot Make This

I Will Still Be In Peru
Hat Nooooo

Btw, I have 3 working TVs now, so JC if you want to bring two you can but we def wont need more than that. Hacked wiis are much more important folks. Also I will have alot of fridge space cleared out if you want to bring soda's/beer etc.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hat Nooooo

Btw, I have 3 working TVs now, so JC if you want to bring two you can but we def wont need more than that. Hacked wiis are much more important folks. Also I will have alot of fridge space cleared out if you want to bring soda's/beer etc.
I'll have my Wii. It has custom textures and music on it.

The new music hack is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
T-Horse you're going to HERB2? Wanna carpool?

I still need to find out who Brawl+wise is going (so we can leave before Brawl is over).
I should be good for that. Lemme check my work schedule first though. I know I was supposed to be working one Saturday, but I'm not sure if it's the 25th or not. If it is, it should be easy enough to find a sub. I know alot of people who are hurting for hours.

So that's pretty much a 90% confirmation.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I'll be there Dawg. I'll have Mrs. Magic in action (and that crazy ***** split personality she has) for teams and singles.

And I am definitely playing poker.

Top Bottom