• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Desync HELP PLEASE!

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Okay so i have been working on my desyncs recently, so that i can have different wobble set ups. The one desync that is giving me trouble (which sadly probebly would be my quickest desync set up) is the desync where i quickly dash away from my opponent, and then quickly tap the control stick back towards my opponent. As many of you know, Popo will dash back towards the opponent, and Nana will slide behind Popo. This will allow you to desync and blizzard w Nana as she is sliding back to you. For some reason, half of the time she will slide back to me using blizzard, and other times she will stand in place behind me and blizzard (she wont slide forward).. Can anyone help me with what i could possibly be doing wrong, or is it that the window to execute this is so small and so im just missing the time window that i have? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Also i wasnt sure if this qualifies as a dash dance dysnc since im not repeatedly going back and forth, just quickly dashing away then towards my opponent 1 time

peeup

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you have to dash 3 times (or any odd number after that), or at least that's how I do it. So dash in the direction you want nana to blizzard, quickly dash the other way, then back the first way, then quickly down b.

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Yea thats what i figured dash dancing desync was, but this desync where you dash away and dash towards your opponent once does work (but for me it only works half the time lol)

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
The thing that makes nana slide to you is called the popo force. It only works when you are within a certain distance of nana. I suspect what is happening is that you are inputting the blizzard too late and by the time nana has begun blizzarding you are outside of the popo forces range.
I believe that if you use the 3 step variant of the dash dance desync (dash toward opponent,dash away, then back toward) it would be far easier to blizzard as the dash on which you input blizzard takes you back toward nana rather that away from her.

Playn

Smash Rookie
I can't see the link, so it might've explained it, but if not here's my best attempt. The 3 dashes is the traditional dash dance desync, but what you're describing is not a dash dance desync, it's a foxtrot desync. I'm not exactly sure about the mechanics of this, but I think you foxtrot away, then dash forward. Because nana is still foxtrotting away (popo's foxtrot ends earlier) she doesn't read dash forward when you input it. She reads turn around.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
SHIP is right; The problem is the distance between nana and popo growing too large during the second dash. To fix this, do a longer first dash and shorter second one.

The two dash desynch you're describing is still essentially DD desynch and works the same way; you dash again during popo's dash so that his dash animation resets, but nana cannot smash turn and therefore dash again, so she'll then go to run quicker than popo which allows run cancels with nana only. Because it works the same way as 3 dash DD desynch, it's not any quicker, as you still need to wait for nana to run. However for spacing purposes it's different, since you spend most of the time dashing away from your opponent.

Top Bottom