• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Reset. Good or Bad?

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
Looks like it works, but what if he smashDI? What if he tech's that dthrow? I think it's harder too set up for the "dashattackreset", so I rather just jab. Becides, 12% dmg from dashattack < jab->dsmash/grab would often give me more dmg I believe because I have more option after combostarters.

Only times I think dashattack is "ok" by mistake, is if I push them offstage with it. It's really just not a good move :p

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
I never really understand what do or don't do a "real" jab reset. For me, real jab reset is when the oppent can only stand straight after the jab of luigi (like against C falcon and sheik). Fox can still roll away or getup attack. Maybe Dash attack has the potential to "real" jab reset? If yes, it could be a very interesting mix up tool (rare utilization ofc because of SDI).

BatSox

Smash Rookie
It can be hard to get a jab reset when someone lands out of your jab range. I mean, if you can wavedash at all, then you can get a jab reset from pretty far away, but you may slide too far to follow up. This holds true for utilt, usmash, dsmash, and all the other YOLO moves you might want to throw out from half way across the stage. This is a situation where dash attack might actually be useful, since it keeps your opponent in front of you and close to you. I would worry about the opponent sdi ing up and jumping out though.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
I never really understand what do or don't do a "real" jab reset. For me, real jab reset is when the oppent can only stand straight after the jab of luigi (like against C falcon and sheik). Fox can still roll away or getup attack. Maybe Dash attack has the potential to "real" jab reset? If yes, it could be a very interesting mix up tool (rare utilization ofc because of SDI).
The victim will be inevitably forced to stand if the move you reset with inflicts less than 13 frames of hitstun. Don't know if luigi's dash attack does less than that on most chars, but I would imagine it does. I can check it out later I guess.

If you reset a char after a missed tech (in DownBound or DownWait animation) it's put into 12 frame long DownDamage. If the character is grounded after those 12 frames, it's forced to stand only after both hitstun and the DownDamage run out. However it can perform any get up action after the DownDamage animation is finished during the remainder of hitstun if there is any left. (Yes, the hitstun doesn't prevent it from doing get-up options after DownDamage ends).

Last edited:

Jelson

Smash Cadet
If you don't anticipate a shield buffer and they're above 30% (fast faller or not) just go for your JR and Down B if you miss.

Top Bottom