• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrai for Brawl! and The Darkrai Dimension by Pyr0.

Darkrai will be in SSBB as a...

• Total voters

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Btw, We have known about Lucario since 21 Apr 2005 (well, a bit before that, that date was the earliest one I could find)

We have know his English name since 9th February 2006.

So all this rubbish about Lucario being to recent to be included in Brawl, is a load of rubbish. (Even though I doubt he'll be PC, I guess the same thing applies for Darkrai.)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Btw, We have known about Lucario since 21 Apr 2005 (well, a bit before that, that date was the earliest one I could find)

We have know his English name since 9th February 2006.

So all this rubbish about Lucario being to recent to be included in Brawl, is a load of rubbish. (Even though I doubt he'll be PC, I guess the same thing applies for Darkrai.)
Are you refering to my post?

I was talking about non-net researching pokemon fans. Sure, his movie came out 2 years ago and the DVD was released here in late 06 but I was counting when it appealed on TV because of the crappy advertizement for the DVD.

(My guess is that seeing the movie on CN would have resulted in more people seeing him than the 2 weekends the DVD was advertized.)

Yeah, it's been out in Japan sence 05. . . but if your not looking for the latest pokemon news and movies online than you would have officially seen him on TV between late 06 and this year stateside. There for the whole "Darkrai aint released here yet" is a crap load of BS for a reason for him not to be in because you would have surely seen it if you where a Pokemon fan who looks for pokemon news online in late 06. Without web research Lucario would have only been seen here in late 06. . . if you saw the tiny bit of advertizement the movie got that is.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Could the fact that Lucario is more popular than Darkrai hold more grounds then? Jigglypuff was chosen to be in SBB purely because she was popular at that time. Lucario is popular as she was at this point in time. (Darkrai may just be gaining popularity now, but he hasn't had no where near enough time to obtain the same popularity/fan base as Lucario; you can't even argue that).

If Darkrai was on equal or more standing with Lucario; I could see him having a good chance of appearing in Brawl. He doesn't have the popularity though.

-Knight

Could the fact that Lucario is more popular than Darkrai hold more grounds then? Jigglypuff was chosen to be in SBB purely because she was popular at that time. Lucario is popular as she was at this point in time. (Darkrai may just be gaining popularity now, but he hasn't had no where near enough time to obtain the same popularity/fan base as Lucario; you can't even argue that).

If Darkrai was on equal or more standing with Lucario; I could see him having a good chance of appearing in Brawl. He doesn't have the popularity though.

-Knight
Lucario is NO WHERE NEAR as popular as jigglypuff was. When jigglypuff was popular nearly EVERYONE was into pokemon and thus she had at least 10x more fans than lucario has now. The fact that something is more popular than another is not much cause Deoxys and Munchlax are way more popular than lucario and they were turned into pokeball pokemon.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Lucario is NO WHERE NEAR as popular as jigglypuff was. When jigglypuff was popular nearly EVERYONE was into pokemon and thus she had at least 10x more fans than lucario has now. The fact that something is more popular than another is not much cause Deoxys and Munchlax are way more popular than lucario and they were turned into pokeball pokemon.
At this moment in time in the Pokemon world, Lucario is in the top 3 most popular ones, he could even be top.

And no, Deoxys and Munchlax weren't.

At this moment in time in the Pokemon world, Lucario is in the top 3 most popular ones, he could even be top.

He's not the top, or the top 3... There isn't even a list for this. You just made this up right now.

And yes Deoxys and Munchlax are

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
He's not the top, or the top 3... There isn't even a list for this. You just made this up right now.

Well according to this poll:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95287

Lucario has more than twice the ammount of percentage and votes than the 2nd place person.

And you just need to look here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162

To see a how popular Lucario is.

And no, Munchlax and Deoxys are not more popular, you just need to look here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/index.html

To see that.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Actually Deoxys, and Munchlax aren't as popular as Lucario. The only reason why they even had a chance of appearing was because they neared (not topped) his popularity. If Lucario is so unpopular tell me why he's on the top of the popularity chart here. Shivers the top popular pokemon on Nsider, and even JPN polls.

Lucario is more popular than either Deoxys or Munchlax, I mean they were more popular when Lucario wasn't even annouced yet, but you cannot hold that against Lucario x_x

No they aren't. They neared Lucario's popularity they did not top it.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well according to this poll:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95287

Lucario has more than twice the ammount of percentage and votes than the 2nd place person.

And you just need to look here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162

To see a how popular Lucario is.

And no, Munchlax and Deoxys are not more popular, you just need to look here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/index.html

To see that.
That's only because Porygon-Z is not on the list...He would annihilate ALL of them so they didn't include him...

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think the point of him even mention this forums poll was that fact that Lucario got so many votes on him. granted it is only one forum if Lucario is so unpopular why did he get the highest number of votes on this poll?

Perhaps I'll write a letter to Nintendo asking to either have a national poll or to tell me the top 10 most popular pokemon.

-Knight

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
. . . I don't really get it myself. Most non-net savy US pokemon fans wouldn't have known wth Lucario was untill this year seeing as the movie and the DP games JUST came out here earlyer this year (the 8th movie had crap advertizement here so Im counting the CN showing of the movie).
Unless they went to a Pokemon Across America event and got themselves a Lucario action figure, plushie, or PokeDoll. My Lucario PokeDoll from April 2006 says hi.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought Lucario was cool but when people say...

OMG Lucario should soooo replace Mewtwo because he sucks!!!

...If that's how it's going to be...no to Lucario...

Yes to even Darkrai...though he prob will be a boss if anything...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. . .time for me to lay the slip down because this is getting out of hand. . .

"In 2006, Viz released a series of ten DVDs based around individual Pokémon in celebration of Pokémon's 10th anniversary in the United States. Jigglypuff was released as volume 2, with Pikachu being the first volume. The Pokémon featured were determined by an online poll; after Pikachu, Jigglypuff was the most popular and was therefore released second. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigglypuff
No, Lucario aint in the "top 3 most popular pokemon". I will name the top most well known and popular pokemon of the series. . .

Pika
Jpuff (according to the polls they took)
Mew2
Char
Meowth
etc.

Lucario is only one of the "3 most wanted pokemon for this game" on these forums. . .

Kirby knight- Actually Deoxys, and Munchlax aren't as popular as Lucario. The only reason why they even had a chance of appearing was because they neared (not topped) his popularity. If Lucario is so unpopular tell me why he's on the top of the popularity chart here. Shivers the top popular pokemon on Nsider, and even JPN polls.
I can assure you that more people would reconize Deoxy or Munch over Lucario because of the amount of time they have been in the anime state side. Im guessing your talking about the few forums full of us smash fans. . .

And Lucario's not really popular in Japan from what I have heard. Gard/ Gallade/ Lop-Buneary are all popular pokemon there. (but thats more word of mouth so here. . . )
(Who won the "movie pokemon to appear on the 10th movie's ticket" contast in Japan? Lucario or Deoxy?. . . http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENC-280j9Uw )

pineappleupsetshark- Unless they went to a Pokemon Across America event and got themselves a Lucario action figure, plushie, or PokeDoll. My Lucario PokeDoll from April 2006 says hi.
I wonder how many people actually go to those. . . I have never seen a pokemon fan talk about that and I know abit of pokemon fans.

tirkaro- so basically, you think the worlds' popularity of pokemon depends on this single forum filled with Smabura nerds? you need to look elsewhere dude.
THANK YOU!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Could the fact that Lucario is more popular than Darkrai hold more grounds then? Jigglypuff was chosen to be in SBB purely because she was popular at that time. Lucario is popular as she was at this point in time.
-Knight

I can't edit at the moment but the first part of my last post was directed at this. The bold is a complete lie no matter how you twist, turn, flip or flop it. . . .

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh crap, let me redo my list according to the DVD pack that came out in 2006

Most to least popular amount the US according to this on-line poll held by Viz on Pokemon.com .
Pika.1
Jpuff.2
Char.3
Squirtal.4
Blastoise.5
Eevee.6
Bulba.7
Lugia.8
Charmander.9
Mudkip.10

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-10th-...F4PDEE/1/ref=pd_sexpl_esi/105-0164977-1174830

There, does where the top 10 pokemon that pokemon fans liked in 2006 here in the old US of A.:p
(Sorry, I can't edit. . . .)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I can't edit at the moment but the first part of my last post was directed at this. The bold is a complete lie no matter how you twist, turn, flip or flop it. . . .
I was making a comparison between Lucario's popularity as this point in time and Jigglypuff's when she was at her prime popularity. I was making a comparision between the two. I will admit that I misspoke there. What are you going to do about it; Kill me?:mad::mad::mad:

-Knight

Black/Light

Smash Master
I was making a comparison between Lucario's popularity as this point in time and Jigglypuff's when she was at her prime popularity. I was making a comparision between the two. I will admit that I misspoke there. What are you going to do about it; Kill me?:mad::mad::mad:

-Knight
No, im not going to kill you. . . .just prove you wrong with the above list I posted that shows Jpuff hasn't left it's "prime" as 2nd most popular pokemon here in the US and that Lucario isn't "in the top 3" most popular pokemon as of 2006.

You are basing your claims on this one site's forum. . . .Im basing my point of view on a official poll taken by Viz on the official pokemon site to see what pokemon where the most popular in the year of 2006 so that they could make a DVD pack according to popularity amoung pokemon fans.

Which sounds more impressive and more sound. . . . .I wonder.:ohwell:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
The poll choices were limited to start, so it's rather irrelevant. None of the poll choices were Lucario. I remember that poll, and it wasn't a poll of popularity so much as a poll to gauge market demand. There were only 25 options, all Pokemon that had made enough anime appearances to warrant a DVD set.
I wonder how many people actually go to those. . . I have never seen a pokemon fan talk about that and I know abit of pokemon fans.
Well, they held over 30 events all across the country, and at the one I went to (Seattle), I saw about 400 people. Mostly little kids. There were really long lines for the toy kiosks.
That poll does make me happy because it shows that Jigglypuff still has strong support.
The 'Puff really was awesome in the show.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
putting darkrai in brawl could also be a way to promote the 3rd 4th gen game, if he is attainable there, which he most likely will be.
What if they decided not to make a 3rd 4th Gen game.

Umm, show me proof that 70% of them stopped liking pokemon please. (Im talking about the games. . . ya know, the series that in only 10 years became the 2nd highest selling video game series on earth RIGHT on the tail of Mario).
I was talking about the movies, I specifically said the SHOW lost most it's fanbase after the first two movies, I made no refrence to the games at all there.

. . . I don't really get it myself. Most non-net savy US pokemon fans wouldn't have known wth Lucario was untill this year seeing as the movie and the DP games JUST came out here earlyer this year
Because the non-net savy pokemon fans would have never played Pokemon Mysterious Dungeuneon (or w/e) where it makes direct refrence to Lucario.

Plus, was Roy even in a game before melee came out? Don't understand this point. . .
Does pokemon need any help advertising? Did Pokemon take a huge gap before making a comeback?

It's been officially out in Japan and it's movie is a shoe-in to be in Japan's top 10 movies of 07 at the end of the year
And it would be lucky to make America's top 100 most watched television programs of 07 I don't see your point.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The poll choices were limited to start, so it's rather irrelevant. None of the poll choices were Lucario. I remember that poll, and it wasn't a poll of popularity so much as a poll to gauge market demand. There were only 25 options, all Pokemon that had made enough anime appearances to warrant a DVD set.
. . .. And we all know that the poll on this forum has every pokemon on it RIGHT?

I was talking about the movies, I specifically said the SHOW lost most it's fanbase after the first two movies, I made no refrence to the games at all there.
My misstake. . . but seeing as Pokemon DP on CN is the highest rated cartoon series on CN amoung boys between 6-11 my point still stands.
http://gonintendo.com/?p=24928

Because the non-net savy pokemon fans would have never played Pokemon Mysterious Dungeuneon (or w/e) where it makes direct refrence to Lucario.
I remember saying "late 06" too. . . .Hey isn't 09/16/2006 late 06?
http://ds.ign.com/objects/695/695614.html

Does pokemon need any help advertising? Did Pokemon take a huge gap before making a comeback?
It's happened. . .its over. A character from a game that was't even out got in so a pokemon that is event only aint a reason against it.:ohwell:

And it would be lucky to make America's top 100 most watched television programs of 07 I don't see your point.
Whats your point?:ohwell:
The movie to which Darkrai stars in is doing hella good in Japan, the DP anime is doing hella good here and the Darkrai movie will likely do well when it comes in early 08 because of this.:ohwell:

. . . They made a 3rd game for the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd gens. Why would they stop now?

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I don't expect Darkrai to be in the game much, because so far three event-only Pokémon have been / have been confirmed to be non-playable in the series (Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys). Lucario still has more chances, I'm sure.

But I can't deny Darkrai would be an excellent playable character to have in the game. It has a villainish look, something Mewtwo does but only to an extent. For those who are thinking he could be a suitable boss, I think Regigigas is better for that.

The first announcements of the 10th movie for America will happen around the same time as Brawl appears, so it's 100% possible that Darkrai can be in Brawl as a special non-Japanese debut.

Pyr0, it's good you watched the movie to give us an idea for its moveset. Not knowing the movie, I made this other moveset, based on what I've learned from Diamond and Pearl (though it might still need some inspiration from Battle Revolution).

Darkari could also be used as a Jigglypuff or Mewtwo substitute if the occasion presents itself. >_>
That sounds true.

There is going to be a third version for 4th Generation. There has always been one per generation, and the Internet domain name for the most obvious title of that third version already redirects to Nintendo.com.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they will make a remake of Silver and Gold, like they did with Red and Green since Red and Green takes place the same time as ruby and sapphire, while Gold and silver takes place the same time as Diamond and Pearl

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Oh wow! I just found my thread!

I thought it had been deleted! So... Merged... It sucks, but I'll live.

Good thing the discussion hasn't stop while I was gone.

I'll rewrite the counter-counter-arguments (I deleted them when I lost track of my thread) and post them in the 1st post (grrrrrr... not first post anymore!)

Keep the discussion going guys. ^_^

MysticKenji

Smash Master
You guys should take the FS I made for Darkrai in another thread.
I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:
Who ya gonna call?

Anyway...

Darkrai: Dark Void + Dream Eater + Roar of Time/Spacial Rend

Part 1: Dark Void
Darkrai fills the screen with Darkness, preventing recovies and putting everyone to sleep.

Part 2: Dream Eater
For a time period of 10 to 15 seconds, Darkrai's damage will decrease and everyone else's damage will increase. This only works if they're asleep though.

Part 3: Roar of Time/Spacial Rend
Decisions, decisions...

Random Person: Wait, what? Darkrai can't learn those!

WRONG!!!

Darkrai finsihes off with a super powerful attack. Roar of Time would be a giant shockwave of energy, while Spacial Rend would be a giant Horizontal Slash across the entire screen. It hits for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!
Ya...

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i would like to see Darkai as a pokeball pokemon, not as a character. i do not feel as though darkai is popular enough to be a character, awesome as a pokeball though. he can put everyone to sleep then eat their dreams! lol

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Darkrai could get a moveset for his standard moves that is different from others quite easily. He's got a ehterial body which could contort of change, kinda like Eddie from Guilty Gear. The specials though kinda lend themselves to being a mic of Jiggs and Mewtwo. =/

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that makes sense- put in a pokemon no one knows about or can get in the games. I don't think so.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
This makes more sense than one week ago. The game has been delayed two months, and during this time, you and others will learn about Darkrai.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Darkrai could be one nasty Poke Ball Pokemon. It casts Dark Void on your opponents, putting them to sleep. Plus, the Bad Dreams ability of Darkrai's will cause sleeping fighters to take damage for each second they're still asleep.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
No darkrai before important characters such as lucario and meowth (gardevoir was third but wtf)

Top Bottom