• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark.Pch needs Advice( Bad)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, Before I get too it, i would like to thank all the Peach players that really took thier time to help me. Big thumps up.

Ok, now I have all the idea on how to work with Peach, skills, tech and all thanks to you guys., the thing is, putting it to work. Like I get advice from you all right, but in a fight, I like freeze or something, or when I try I get *****. here are my commom problems

- when I get combo, it gets to me and I lose focus/confidence (yea I know, bad indeed but im working on it as hard as I can.)

- have trouble doing tatics out the shield like jumping out of shield and what aerial to use at that moment.

-Trouble useing her FC/B-air or just back air, I seem to get hit alotreally against both links, Marth and roys

-im a lil slow with the float cancel, like after I hit my opponent and they shield, its hard to tell what attack to do next depending on character, distance and size of shield.

-How to put advice to good use once received

-Kinda slow on ground and shield alot

- im kinda predicatable.

See, I know all of this, but I have a very hard time fixing this. most of the time I try to do this on CPU lvl nine, but now (today) I see why its not really good to use it. Yes you can pratice combos and even learn a few tricks from them (cause my CPU be doing some stuff and it catches me, so i turn it into mindgames for humans and it works at times, even learn a small combo) Bit, I cant test my mindgames out cause well.......they always attack and just come at you. so no all that good.

Here is more gernal thinhs about me, according to my friends I play with

My offenseive mindgames: 7 to 8

My defensive mindgames: 8 to 10

My best qualities:

- I know my mindgames when it comes to grabs and dashdance which throws people off and my combos got better

-my turnip game seems to be ok

My worst:

-My egdeguard

-I tend to get fustrated when loseing and play worst. or get comboed bad, which happens alot

- my confidence is very low, which holds me back from playing well, and doing the same thing over and over. and not useing advice I get. also I may get a lil depressed and play real bad, which stops me from useing or learning what I was told to use
Now this info are based on my friends that I play with. So what I ask is how to fix this problem, what should I do, how should I do it, how can I work on this while alone at home, and with friends.

Im mostly alone so how can I work on some of this stuff and use the CPU for help?

How can I work on new tips and use it well on friends without getting destroyed or lack of confidence?

I think if I can fix this problem, I should be on the track I wanna be on. my friends see me beat some tuff players and claim im great and all.but I dont feel that way when i play them and all. I get comboed and the tips i get get me owned and cant put it to good use.

So please help me out here with advice and ways to fix this. this is the final step i need to fix to really become a true Peach player. thanks in advance and also thanks for reading all of this and takeing your time to help me. I know its alot to read and some might just look at this thread and leave. thanks a bunch people, you guys own.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, I may not be a pro or anything, but I still should at least give my imput/opinon on this.

- when I get combo, it gets to me and I lose focus/confidence (yea I know, bad indeed but im working on it as hard as I can.)
Remember, just because you've been comboed, you havn't lost yet. In order to avoid combos, DI away from throws/hits (Ex: move away from Cap. Falcon's or Shiek's throws). You gotta learn to never lose confidence in yourself no matter how grim it looks.

- have trouble doing tatics out the shield like jumping out of shield and what aerial to use at that moment.
Now, you should know I'm no master at this, but if I was, this is what I'm recomanding:

You wanna do moves that doesn't have much lag, so Fair is out. Nair is pretty good as it's powerful and you could float cancel for another attack. Dair is good for comboing then doing a float cancel, Dsmash.

-Trouble useing her FC/B-air or just back air, I seem to get hit alotreally against both links, Marth and roys
If this is them coming back for a recovery, you gotta do this with timing. Usually, I'd throw a couple of turnips to both of the links and see if it could knock them over. If they come too close, then I time the Bair or Nair on them. The Link's Up B is slanted, so I have to be careful where I hit them. The bottom is usually the safest area. I don't know how to help you with Roys and Marths though. =/

-im a lil slow with the float cancel, like after I hit my opponent and they shield, its hard to tell what attack to do next depending on character, distance and size of shield.
If they shield a lot, then grab them or press Down A on the ground a few times. It'll flip them up and let you do a couple of air combos (if they're space furs, do a Dsmash afterwards). If you're facing a bowser, I can't help you with that. Once shield and you attack, they'll do their flying fortress on you, which is really difficult to block or avoid. I'm still beta testing tactics on DJ Nintendo XD

-How to put advice to good use once received
One word: practice. And not just practice with computers (they can't cure your confidence/frustrated problem), I mean practice with other people. Save money and go to smashfest or tourtuments, or just go to your friend's house and practice up.

-Kinda slow on ground and shield alot
Then shield less and create a offensive style. It's okay to sheild, but you need to attack more too.

- im kinda predicatable.

Then be less predictable. Best bet is to watch vids or learn tips from others.

See, I know all of this, but I have a very hard time fixing this. most of the time I try to do this on CPU lvl nine, but now (today) I see why its not really good to use it. Yes you can pratice combos and even learn a few tricks from them (cause my CPU be doing some stuff and it catches me, so i turn it into mindgames for humans and it works at times, even learn a small combo) Bit, I cant test my mindgames out cause well.......they always attack and just come at you. so no all that good.
Not to mention they're computers. Remember, a human hunt is more exciting then a animal hunt.

Im mostly alone so how can I work on some of this stuff and use the CPU for help?
That's already answered for you.

How can I work on new tips and use it well on friends without getting destroyed or lack of confidence?
Again, practice with humans makes perfect. You shouldn't get so frustrated over a game. Remember, 'You fight to live another day.' If you lose a game, get up and try again. The best way to strengthen your will, you play against people who have characters you lack against (like Shieks, Foxs, etc.) And, even though you might be better then them, you learn from their moves and visualize those same tactics on others who use that character. I'll show you an example.

I play your Peach against mine. Our moves and skill level are even, but you was able to beat me by two stocks. NOW, you one day face Cort. You know that he controls a really good Peach. SO, you visulize the match you had with me and pretty much watch our for similar moves I did with you and more. This, would hopefully even your chances with Cort.

Whew...*drinks Kool-aid* that was a lot. XD

I hope all of this helps you Dark.Pch ^^

Oh yeah, one final note.

DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU QUIT SMASH BECAUSE OF THEIR *******NESS

Because someday, you will kick their *** in that game ^___^

Zoap

Smash Master
have fun. Simple but may be the best advice i can give. When having fun things flow more naturally and little mistakes never bother you

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
-In my opinion, most of the above is obtainable from experience. Just play more against humans and learn to be able to deside what to do with peach in certain situations.
-About not being able to hit marth/ roy and links with a insta-float bair, unless you set up a mind game its unlikely you will hit them because their sword>peaches bum.
-Combos are devastating but they arent the end(unless its your last stock)
-nair out of shields if you want to attack out of it, but i prefer turnips
-Practice....alot, it builds up confidence and makes you more familiar with peach...practicing also makes tactics a second nature when you play.

Cia

das kwl
I honestly don't think it's so much a technical issue, because that can be fixed. But u lack experience because such a large majority of ur practice is with CPU. (that's a problem i've been changing lately too) all u need is a bit more experience and everything will just fall into place. If you already have the mindgames, then you're good because that's the hardest part. i don't even know if i have mindgames, so my personal style is to rely solely on my technical skill

DeathByTurnips

Smash Cadet
*sigh* what is up with the problem people have with the frustration...i see this all too much and it gets me just as aggrivated to tell you the truth...when i play against my friends, i do have a couple who come in...and their first game is so great because theyre not frustrated or anything like that...then i start beating them over and over again...and as the games progress...guess what? its just gets easier and easier to beat them and they get even MORE frustrated because they just cant win...even tho ive seen it all too many times, i just dont know what to say about it other than DONT DO IT...Get over it and try that much harder! because if youre caught in a big combo or you make a dumb mistake like killing yourself early in the game...dont give up! i was in a game and i was down 1 stock to 4 in a 5 stock match...you know what? that last life, i put all my effort in and i made the biggest comeback of my life, and guess why...person was getting frustrated because i kept killing him and he could barely touch me, Frustration only leads to more losses...all you have to do is to get over it ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Right It's not over till it's over never give up even if your geeting owned Peach is known for awesome come backs
Yea that is true. I made a few comback, but not well enough.

have fun. Simple but may be the best advice i can give. When having fun things flow more naturally and little mistakes never bother you
I do better when im having fun but tends to die every once in a while even when im winning so i dont think that is really effecting me

-In my opinion, most of the above is obtainable from experience. Just play more against humans and learn to be able to deside what to do with peach in certain situations.
-About not being able to hit marth/ roy and links with a insta-float bair, unless you set up a mind game its unlikely you will hit them because their sword>peaches bum.
-Combos are devastating but they arent the end(unless its your last stock)
-nair out of shields if you want to attack out of it, but i prefer turnips
-Practice....alot, it builds up confidence and makes you more familiar with peach...practicing also makes tactics a second nature when you play.
If done all that you told me here, and lil by lil its working. but I still feel like im getting nowhere. but thanks, Im see if I can keep going

I honestly don't think it's so much a technical issue, because that can be fixed. But u lack experience because such a large majority of ur practice is with CPU. (that's a problem i've been changing lately too) all u need is a bit more experience and everything will just fall into place. If you already have the mindgames, then you're good because that's the hardest part. i don't even know if i have mindgames, so my personal style is to rely solely on my technical skill
My style is on mindgames. and not too sound cocky, Last we yesterday when I played you all three matches, all the stockes I took off on you was based on mindgames.Even D1 was impressed with some of the stuff I did. I nearly beat him in a fox ditto and he is a beast with fox and his techs. But my mindgames got the best of him, not cause of my tech skills(which I dont have). I told you once before reason I win is because of mindgames. I have no tech skills at all and im trying to work on that very hard but I get no where.Feally aginst Marth and fox. screw it all my counters. yesterday was the worst of them all. And for my reason of playing the CPU is to invent mindgames and work on my techs, anything else I'll play humans. and half the time I have no one to play with,so I have to use the CPU to get something I'll try tech skills on people and cant get it right cause Im not use to it and players wont let me, with CPU Lv 9, I know what they are gonna do so I can test out my tech skills on them and get use to how it moves, works, etc. then once I got the feel of it, then in a real match I have an idea on how to use it and fuse it with my mindgames FTW.My mindgames can only get me so far, and for me not that hard to pick up, tech skills is another thing, so we are the oppisite of each other.

*sigh* what is up with the problem people have with the frustration...i see this all too much and it gets me just as aggrivated to tell you the truth...when i play against my friends, i do have a couple who come in...and their first game is so great because theyre not frustrated or anything like that...then i start beating them over and over again...and as the games progress...guess what? its just gets easier and easier to beat them and they get even MORE frustrated because they just cant win...even tho ive seen it all too many times, i just dont know what to say about it other than DONT DO IT...Get over it and try that much harder! because if youre caught in a big combo or you make a dumb mistake like killing yourself early in the game...dont give up! i was in a game and i was down 1 stock to 4 in a 5 stock match...you know what? that last life, i put all my effort in and i made the biggest comeback of my life, and guess why...person was getting frustrated because i kept killing him and he could barely touch me, Frustration only leads to more losses...all you have to do is to get over it ^_^
I know what you mean but when you have depression its really hard not to think about it, I had it for six years, so I guess you can say its a deasise or something. and that might be the reason why I cant get this right. I try to have fun and when i am, I do better than I expected. But once I see myself getting creamed like that, really aginst my counter,depression kicks in and I lose it, then play worst all other matches. But your right, soon I wil have something to take care of this illness (well I think its one anyway, and maybe that will help me out.

and here is one video where I did the best comeback and won.........

My comeback

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The problem with your game is that you don't seem to be thinking. You just throw out random moves and hope that they hit, which ultimately, due to lack of preparation and predicition, leaves you quite defenseless.

Also you still aren't float cancelling your fairs. If Peach falls on the ground at all, you're not float cancelling it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The problem with your game is that you don't seem to be thinking. You just throw out random moves and hope that they hit, which ultimately, due to lack of preparation and predicition, leaves you quite defenseless.

Also you still aren't float cancelling your fairs. If Peach falls on the ground at all, you're not float cancelling it.
I guess your right. I'll try my best to work on it. thanks for telling me this

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I think the problem is you are playing Daisy. j/k. On a serious note, I think if you learn what move follows the next, your peach would be pretty good. I'm not saying learn hella combos, its more like, if you are falling onto your opp. doing a dair, you can usually follow with a ftilt, utilt, or grab. you can also be more liberal with the turnips. if you are playing against a faster character, you might want to consider doing a fc nair, because using a fair can easilly leave you open for an *** kicking.

one more note: when I play peach, I tend to use bair alot, I don't know why. its just fun bumping people out of the stage with I guess. bair, nair, dsmash, and turnips are your best friends. use them

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Lemme give you my advise as well mate :) As far as I read it seems to me that you dont really lack anything at all...You know the moves...You know where they fit...Your problem is in your mind! You afraid getting hit and combo'ed!! Well, who doesn't!? Your friend sometimes will combo you really hard and no matter what advise you get or what you try he will keep hitting you until you lose your cool! DON'T hinder! Try everything that's possible to break the combo...Should you fail, you know you tried and you did what you could! Should you break his combos dont let the chance slip by! Work on your fingers speed to rack up a comeback with aerials or ground attacks depending on the situation! e.g Your friend is a troublesome Fox...I know my best mate likes him a lot and he doesn't even leave me alone to pick a turnip up! Well since you can't pick it up use the time differently to do something else! Now once Fox is out of the stage in like lets say Final Destination...Chances are he's coming back and he will make you regret throwing him out...That is IF and only IF you let him come back! Ground float and follow him doing Nair /Bair or if he's landing back in try to time the powerful Fair to end it! Note that as far as I know Nair outpriorizes his Firefox! (Even Bair can be used to match his Firefox) Now if your friends like fast fallers like Fox/Falco you should take advantage of Peach's Uthrow! I learned this a couple of days ago and it works wonders! (The Uthtow can lead into many chainthrows on Fox and Falco! Now about the sword users you must be careful not to be lifted in the air cause they can combo you easily there. Their swords have priority over Peach's attack so you may wanna fight in the ground.But once they knock you up in the air (Its bound to happen some times :p) float high and play some mindgames up in the air and throw some Bair at the if they reach your height to K.O you. Also note that you must throw your turnips with precision at them...Dont just aim to hit them...You can fake that your trying to hit the just to lift them up and combo them with Nair etc etc...Also never forget that instead of using the shield a lot as you say you are..Use your Dsmash to defend and at the same time hit your opponents with. Defend and attack at the same time! That's about it mate I hope I helped even a tiny bit and I also hope that I didn't just made you think "Yeah, like I haven't tried all the above!!"

P.S I ain't a pro myself and these stuff I told you will not actually work on insane levels of gaming where the pace is even hard to follow! I just assume your level and that of your friends.

Top Bottom