• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark.Pch 2009 smashfest grand opening. (TBA) New York City.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Some of you know I am in a foster home. And I am about to age out. So I am about to get my own place before March since the age out date is 21. And three months go by fast. So to celebrate this, I will be holding a smashfest at my house and possible tourny. But first I have to check the place out and obviously see how many people it can hold. I think I will be able to find out and see the place sometime in January. No date has been set yet.

Now here are some rules for you boys/girls:

- I can't house anybody. This is an independent living program so I can't house anyone. I can't even have people live with me. (then again I heard no one can live with me. Not sure about staying over. i'll see but as of now, I can't house anyone.)

- No smoking. Smoking is off limits at my place. You wanna light one, go out side and smoke.

- No drinking. Things is a no, I don't wan't anyone getting wild from being drink or w/e and then I have to deal with it or get in trouble.

- Noise level. Keep it respectful. I have people next door and all.

- Respect my place, clean up after yourselfs and all.

Follow these rules and we won't have a problem. Now for where this place is. Its in the bronx. I heard the street is called freeman? Something like that. It's by the 2 and 5 train. South bronx and like 3-4 stops from manhattan I think.

I will be updating this thread with info as time passes by and let you know what is going on.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
i love that most of these cool smashfests are in the bronx i dont like movement all that much... anywho i would like to join this wonderful celebration

D1

Banned via Administration
Everything good's in the Bx...I'm interested. Local NYC Brawl droughts get to me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Right now its the first ten people that post that I will get in that say they wanna come. as I said I don't know how big this place is. When I check it out I will let you know if I can hold more. and if I can, Tournament will be held.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I'm interested, as long as it's before Jan. 17 (I return to college then). Fortunately, the 5 is rather close to me, so I will probably be able to take that.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Sounds good. Although I'm in Brooklyn, and the train ride will be rather long, I'm still willing to head over to the BX. NYC seems to be so low on Smash events, so sad.... Good stuff posting this up; if setups are needed, I can bring my Wii over.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok an update on this.

My place I check out on monday. Its an interview and just to get the rundown and how things are gonna go. So I think this party will be good for the middle of Febuary. I'll let you guys know whats up after I come back on monday from checking the place out and all.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
LOL i used to live in freeman street rent was to high if anyone lives in manhattan take the 1 train to 96 and switch to the 2 or time square which ever is closest. And at 181st in manhattan you can take the 11 Bus leaves you close to freeman St you got to walk about 1 or 2 blocks. I just hope to get a job by the end of the month i would probably go to bum's weekly 2.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok update on this, I went to the interview the place is on 162 and thitd ave I beleive. I know it is on the east side of the bronx. You can easily take a cross town bus and then the 4 train at Yankee stadium.

Now I have to wait for them to call me or send me a letter IF I got the appartment. When I get word on that I will let you know.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
Alright I hope you get the place, because I definitely need the practice for brawl because my brawl copy broke on me recently which is unfortunate but hey I still placed 2nd with MASK for teams that just passed this Thursday.

Top Bottom