• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dance Dance Revolution discussion/accomplishments.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
ITG competition at Anime North, it was awesome. Kyle Ward was there and he hosted the tournament. I placed second and won a RedOctane pad which I got signed by Kyle Ward. It was very fun. :D

Another cool thing was that we got to try out some ITG3 stepcharts, mainly STOP! and Go, Frozen Fire and Disconnected Zeo, as well as new challenge steps for old songs such as Mellow, Land of the Rising Sun and Life of a Butterfly. They're old news now but they were new to me :)

BTW I asked him if he was ZiGZaG and he was like "Well, uh, some people say that, but it's like... totally... not true..." and I was like "That's such a yes" and he just smiled =)

PatMicMac

Smash Rookie
I played DDR for a long time but haven't played in about a year. I'm thinking about going back to AAA my last songs. My scores are all on www.ddrecall.com, just go to the rankings and I'm like the 8th one down or something.

My roommate LILQ won an ITG dedicab at regionals in January and just got it like 2 weeks ago. It's pretty cool to be able to play whenever you want.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your roommate is Lil Q? Are you ****ing kidding me? That guy is a beast. He's generally perceived to be one of the best ITG players in the world O_O

Could you ask him to like... send me... some skills... or something?

EDIT: And wow, I'm sorry to say your name doesn't ring any bells but you are like... holy **** amazing as well o_O

ThePrime

Smash Lord
im alright at ddr, i can beat legend of max, max 300, and sakura all on standard....

I need more people playing StepmaniaOnline!

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd play you in SMO but I don't actually play it anymore. I play Stepmania offline now just as a way to practice reading ITG songs, since I'm currently challenging myself to fill up my GrooveStats. If I reinstall SMO some time I'll PM you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A place in Houston called Planet Zero recently got the new DDR Supernova last week, and people have been playing it a lot. It's kind of expensive though, about $1 per play but at least it's there. Everybody has been trying to beat Fascination Maxx to no avail...

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Light Mode Player

But, if the song in light is easy for me, then I'll go to Standar(and if the song is very hard Ill go to Light mode gah-_-U. . .).

Velocity: 1.5x and sometimes 2x

Songs I like: Freckles, Max300, The Legend of Max, Afronova, End of the Century, Can't stop falling in love, Bumble Bee, Healing Vision, etc.

There should be an intermediary level between Light and Standar... I feel like a ghost withouth house lol

Hey, this song should be in that game, is a good one(specially the beginning of the song):

Song: The Tower
Band: Avantasia
CD: The Metal Opera

hahaha

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd have to agree. They do need a more even change between the different modes. I haven't played DDR in a while, but I mostly play on standard mode. But when I try the harder levels, nope I'm done and I've given up.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I just got finished playing DDR:SuperNova.................

The difficulty is turned up a LITTLE but its still the same old easy DDR.

Max300(super-max-me-mix) is on there........... with oni difficulty.
Maximizer is there too.
Paranoia Respect is there.......very nice song!!!
many songs from the US ddr:extreme 2 and ultramix 2 are present.
FAXX(its called facination maxx) is there too but its not all that hard. "Max Period" is harder.
Max Period IS NOT present.....sadly.

over all...............if u can beat paranoia survivor: max on oni........................this game is not hard.
just wait for ITG3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Try Xepher on oni. Fun stuff.

Fascination Maxx is only hard because there is no way to unlock it right now besides as extra stage, therefore no way to play it as a regular song. Also, its Oni steps are only found in Oni mode as of right now. Since there is no way to unlock any of the boss songs for regular practice, there is no way to play the Oni versions which are obviously harder.

I'm wondering if anyone has passed the Max of Maxx or BossRush EpisodeIV course in Oni Mode. Max of Maxx consists of all the Max songs (300, Unlimited, Legend, Super Max-Me Mix, and Fascination on expert) and BossRush EpisodeIV has the crazy boss songs (Healing Vision Angelic and Chaos on Expert; Paranoia survivor MAX, Fascination, and Healing D-Vision on challenge). If you could beat any of these Great Marth, I will drive to your house and give you a cookie. :laugh:

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this thread lowers my self-esteem. =(

In any case, I'm more of a casual DDR player (not like some people who are like "OMG WHEN DO I STEP ON THE ARROW?"). I'm a moderate Standard player, the best I can do is probably 7 feet. I don't have enough endurance/stamina to do anything beyond 7. I admire people who can.

As far as my favorite songs, my most favorite is Rhythm and Police (that's a song I want to be able to do on heavy someday). I also like A, 321 Stars, and Sexy Planet (both versions). The only Oni song I have ever attempted is B4U B4 ZA rock beat mix or something like that. I barely ever pass it.

I don't have it at home, so the only time I get to play is in the arcade.

I T I

Smash Apprentice
My self esteem is slightly damaged as well. I'm a casual DDR/ITG player who can play in the 10-11 range (Only 10's on Doubles). My mats (RedOctane Ignition 3s) aren't terribly reliable and I have therefore only AA'd two heavies.

I simply have endurance problems. At the end of an 11 that SHOULD be easy (Charlene) I'm panting, sweating, and all kinds of nonsense. Tell I can ALMOST, ALMOST do, but the candles are just too much.

FLCLFanatic

Smash Rookie
In my own little world so stay out of it or else
I play ddr too, and I'm still a noob, still at the bottom of the barrel to becoming a ddr god like Yasu. [No, I do not count Billy the Kid/Billy Matsumoto (I think that's how it's spelt) is not a true ddr player even though he can juggle+play ddr at the same time, and his name sounds like he's japanese when really, he looks like he is not and definitely not! Remember, this is my opinion! I am a 13 year old!] and play on standard to heavy right now, but we'll get better over time.

We (my 15 year old brother, my twin and me) have only these three ddr games for now, the current being last, the first up first-DDRMAX, DDREXTREME2, and DDRMAX2. These three in that order bought, were all unlocked by the three of us (first by code disc, too lazy to play at the time) The next two by ourselves unlocking them day by day.

I can do AAAs too, but my first and only two that I ever did, one in one try, the other by doing it over and over were Tomorrow Perfume and Baby Look at Us, both in light, yes I am stupid, but I'm only 13! But my siblings and I can do most standard songs as an AA, but few Heavy ones as A, and AA.

During school days we play afterschool when we get home. So which person would play better and beat the other? A person that plays once in a while (few days, months, years, etc) or a person that plays everyday even though it gets old (unless you're an asian! My whole family is vetnamese!) Tell me, who would beat who? obviously the person that plays everyday because they are sharpening their soon-to-be-mad ddr skills, unlike the other, even if they are better by already playing on heavy mode, doing it backwards, etc. the one training their skills everyday is much better because they gain more experience faster then the other.

The stuff above is not routine based, but based on getting certain scores, and full combo. The only song that I have found for there to be a routine is Xenon in Light, but no one has even done a video on it on the internet, so on youtube I will be the first, after I can get a video camera in my hands.

When people tell you they can do AAAs on heavy songs, do you really believe them when millions others say they can too? I personally think it's must be seen to be believed thing has too be done before you can truly believe them. So when like 30 kids in my class say they can AAA heavy, I don't beleive it. DDR can take years to perfect, and no one has a fast learner kind of mind. I should know, I know that much.

So, yell at me if you want, etc, but remember this-

I AM A 13 YEAR OLD ASIAN WHO IS STILL DEVELOPING NINJA SENSES even though I am vietnamese.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
I played DDR for a long time but haven't played in about a year. I'm thinking about going back to AAA my last songs. My scores are all on www.ddrecall.com, just go to the rankings and I'm like the 8th one down or something.

My roommate LILQ won an ITG dedicab at regionals in January and just got it like 2 weeks ago. It's pretty cool to be able to play whenever you want.
i love you pat, have i ever told you that

itg > ddr (saw someone post something about that like 5 back)

i'm pretty good at this game

PatMicMac

Smash Rookie
i love you pat, have i ever told you that

itg > ddr (saw someone post something about that like 5 back)

i'm pretty good at this game

:) When are you coming down here? I heard this weekend...

In DDR news, I was the first in the US to AAA Xepher(pre-patched) but I haven't played DDR in like 2 months. As for ITG ... not since Mike left.

CorstinSephari

Smash Rookie
Okay. My stats on DDR (cackle)

Hardest song ever AA'd -- Beyond Abilities (Warmen) (bemanistyle.com)
Song I STILL can't "A" -- Clear Blue Water (I don't know why... stupid)

Heavy/Oni 9-11 feet. I'm no god, but I love getting stares at public machines when I do drop songs (R0m30 and JULI8, Dawn).

Teehee. I'm done.

jaej

Smash Journeyman
I only play at my friends house. One time I got a D on heavy for Max 300 for DDRMax (the best one by far). I was so happy.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I quit after I could AA max300 3 times in a row. I play at MGL (milpitas golfland), but this was years ago and now I gained weight from lack of ddr and excessive school/stress lol.

I have the DX pad, I don't think they call it the DX pad anymore, its the one with foam inside, not quite hard, but not quite soft either lol. Ah the memories.

I entered the teen tournement for ddr a long while back at nickel city, age cap, it was for the young ddrers. highest score on 5th mix. I still remmeber the winner being cory I think playing paranoia 3 times and AA twice. My friend placed top 50 in the united states for DDR USA and is a california ddr judge, so thats why I played, its also the reason I quit... its so discouraging having him as a friend.

Overdaws

Smash Apprentice
I have a Quasar AA vid on YouTube for Stepmania (search overdaws)... nothing too impressive because I am too lazy to do any retakes, but I can AA Summer Speedy Mix Expert for what its worth.

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
i too am a DDR player of the heavy level. just not the hardcore, freestyling type. how do you feel about Mario DDR?

damienkc

Smash Rookie
The difference between DDR and ITG is that DDR is made by video game producers with a certain goal in mind. ITG is made by people who live in their parents' basement and have no talent making step charts. Anyone can make 16th note runs out of a song. DDR makes fun and challenging steps depending on what they want. The main idea is that DDR themes its songs better with a better stepchart while ITG has the same theme for all its songs, that is 16th note runs.
And no, Mythology is easy. The only 11 that I consider to be a 12 is July. July is easy, it just has a crapload of steps. Summer isn't even a 13, it's a 12. I'm pretty sure they're changing that in the next one.

Rwing Wurm, what is this max300 oni you speak of? It can't be official. If it's on an arcade mix, yeah I can do it and I most likely have a picture to prove it. I've AAAd every song on Extreme except the 10s and Burning Heat! PSMO is the only song I haven't single digit greated.
Where did you come up with that? The only person I can think of who lives with their parents is MJ, who is like 19 or 20. Chris Foy is a fire fighter, and I recently spoke with him on the phone and he mentioned he had to go visit his mom, so he doesn't live at home. Kyle doesn't...quite stupid to just assume things.

Also, of course most songs are 16th note runs, it's called going with the music. DDR does nothing but 8th note runs, so it's the same thing but better.

! was changed to an 11, which I disagree with. Summer is a 12.

Max300 Super-Max-Me mix is a real stepchart, and is on SuperNova. Every stepchart made after extreme is god awful though, so I don't bother even playing SN.

The only people who don't like ITG are the ones who suck at it =P

yeah I realize they said that 6 months ago, but still, it's silly. :p

Top Bottom