• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Denti

Smash Master
be glad you didn't go, all you would have done is given those MK mains more money and more of a reason to continue playing the game just because they win money.. it was gross because It was kinda like a sausage fest, except instead of sausage it was metaknight mains. all i needed was to know the MK match up better than they did and i would have gotin first.. i say this because my bracket was MK, DDD, MK, MK ,MK, MK. and if i kept winning i'd have to of fought 3 more MKs before taking first place..

hell yea fort worth people are legit, this region is getting better and better.. you guys have the determination and crew every smash region needs, it's very legit if i do say so myself. I'd call myself a fort worth person but i live in keller texas... right in the middle of dallas and fort worth. so i guess i'ma DFW smasher XD (edit: **** that, call me a fort worth smasher)

edit: kovu put me on as a FT worth player on those tourney results ;D I smash with you guys 10 times more than i do with dallas. the only dallas player i play and consult with is melee1 anyways.. XD melee1 is legit, he needs to take this next tournament as ICs and clear those MKs out of my way XD

LOL @ your signature btw

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
be glad you didn't go, all you would have done is given those MK mains more money and more of a reason to continue playing the game just because they win money.. it was gross because It was kinda like a sausage fest, except instead of sausage it was metaknight mains. all i needed was to know the MK match up better than they did and i would have gotin first.. i say this because my bracket was MK, DDD, MK, MK ,MK, MK. and if i kept winning i'd have to of fought 3 more MKs before taking first place..

You know Problem2 mains MK right? lol

This MK stuff is getting way out of hand, I got sent to loser's in the first round by an MK.

My first round in losers' itself was an MK, but I 3-stocked/2-0ed him...I end up losing to Shuzs Wolf, lol.

I honestly believe that if it wasn't for all the MK's, Ft. Worth could have taken this.

hell yea fort worth people are legit, this region is getting better and better.. you guys have the determination and crew every smash region needs, it's very legit if i do say so myself. I'd call myself a fort worth person but i live in keller texas... right in the middle of dallas and fort worth. so i guess i'ma DFW smasher XD (edit: **** that, call me a fort worth smasher)

Welcome to Fort Worth. XD

We're a Metaknight-free town. (Cept for Problemo).

We've all shown drastic improvement, keep it up guys!

edit: kovu put me on as a FT worth player on those tourney results ;D I smash with you guys 10 times more than i do with dallas. the only dallas player i play and consult with is melee1 anyways.. XD melee1 is legit, he needs to take this next tournament as ICs and clear those MKs out of my way XD

Edited.

LOL @ your signature btw
Thank Xyro for that.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
FYI to everyone, I used ALL LINK in SINGLES, but I used MK (and Link) for DOUBLES ONLY. My Link got me 9th, not my Meta Knight. Asked everyone I played in singles bracket.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Can some one explain to me HOBO's MK rules? After seeing the Phase 8 results, I feel the need to edit my own ruleset to put limits on him the next time I hold a tourney.

I was thinking these rule additions that I encourage Texas to look at seriously:

1. When you register for a tournament, you must tell the tournament director the two characters that you plan to use throughout the tournament(your main to start the match and a secondary character). If you deviate from your chosen characters, you are immediately disqualified. Enforceable by a judge or TO.

Example: You registered for a Smash tourney in Houston(hell, let's say HOBO for example) and tell the tournament director when you register that you will play Link and Metaknight with Link as your starter. There comes a point in the tourney that you fight a Snake starter. Without realizing it, you pick MK to start the match. Instant DQ.

2. If you lose the previous match, you are allowed to change your character or stage, but never both. If the first stage was selected randomly, if you choose to change your character, you must select the first stage MANUALLY.

Example: Self explanatory.

3. Metaknight is not allowed to be selected to be a main character.

Example: Again self explanatory

Denti

Smash Master
yea i'm not guna be able to make room for hobo or that smashfest. this is my last week of work before the store closes and their working me hard lol.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Smashfest at my place, tonight, from now until a little past midnight. Spread the word. So far I have O.T.L. and G-sus, and possibly Kovu coming tonight.

Also, so far, I have Batou, Kovu, and Echo in my carpool for HOBO 24. Can't wait. =)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Smashfest at my place this Friday, before HOBO 24, from 5pm to Midnight/overnight. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. Those in my carpool can spend the night, and we leave early saturday morning (5am/6am).
More info provided in the OP under ALSM's Understandable Johns.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
If I were to ever host a banned stages tournament just for fun, would anyone attend? (Steals SrsC@'s idea.)

Metaknight through Wario will be banned, though.

The rules will follow SBR, not MLG.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys/girls, PLEASE bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb) to HOBO 24. DugFinn isnt going to be able to let me borrow tvs this time so i really need yall to step it up for this one. PLEASE help me out.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Batou or Kovu could bring tvs, I would bring mine, but it's too big, however I can bring my wii and brawl disk. Anyone else want to contribute?

So far:
Wiis/Brawl Disk
ALSM
Kovu

Tvs:
Batou
Kovu

So, this could make two setups.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I have some bad news. The Smashfest that I have set aside for May 14th will be canceled. I will be out of town either this week or next(or not at all) and I don't want to take any chances. I will set up the next one as soon as possible, but it is as my friend says, if you work with me then I will work with you.

Denti

Smash Master
I soooo want in that carpool, like sooo bad. forget work, I can eat ramen for the next month for all i care. I'll be broke after this tho, but that's fine. get me in that carpool! my adventurous spirit is taking over XD

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Batou or Kovu could bring tvs, I would bring mine, but it's too big, however I can bring my wii and brawl disk. Anyone else want to contribute?

So far:
Wiis/Brawl Disk
ALSM
Kovu

Tvs:
Batou
Kovu

So, this could make two setups.
ALSM I think I can make this one. I might be able to bring a tv and a wii, I can check and let you know by tonight.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Don't steal my idea, bro. I'm still working out the kinks. It's gotta be planned fairly well and no one in their right mind would enter a Banned-stages-mid-tier tournament without some guaranteed prize. I'm pretty much the only smasher who has that kinda floating cash.

Also: This weekend's SrsSmashfest is canceled before it's even announced, I have some stuff I need to take care of. Look for me to have the next one two weeks from Sunday.

TheWinged

Smash Rookie
Gah I want to go to hobo bad but my parents refuse to let me carpool and no one's going to ride down with me to Houston. I will be at ALSMs smashfest though, and I would attend your mid-tier banned stages tournament xD. I'd just have to practice up my kirby.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Denti is already in my carpool, so now it's full. We may be able to fit two tvs in the trunk, we'll have to see...

ALSM's Carpool: ALSM, Kovu, Batou, Echo, and Denti. And don't forget....

SMASHFEST THIS FRIDAY FROM 5PM TO MIDNIGHT OR LATER! I will be going to sleep earlier so I can be rested for driving those long hours. We'll take breaks of course. I want to leave as early as 6AM, so be ready to wake up by 5AM. Be prepared: Bring plenty of cash, bring an extra change of clothes, etc, and what other things you might need (gc controllers, setups, etc.).

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I usually hold Smashfests at my place Fridays...

You know what that means?

FOR THE FIRST TIME, UNDERSTANDABLE JOHNS AND HACKFEST WILL MERGE TOGETHER AS ONE!

To form, Hackjohns?

No....

JOHN FEST!

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, Still working on the whole Banned-Stages Mid-Tier Tourney thing, But once I've got all of the Stages that will be legal in it figured out, I'll try to get into either a major event (Phase or something) or I'll host a tourney of my own. In either case, it will be a side-event.

Top Bottom