• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Fort Worth tourny OMG

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Ran into some Wichita smashers at random playing League of Legends the other day, told them about this, so they'll be showing up! =]
Wow, wth? LOL

We need to win doubles. What's our team name? MimicSeth? SethMew? ...Mewlon? LOL

nevakee

Smash Rookie
Missed the last one and rusty as hell, but I think I will come today. Will, you gonna be there for doubles :D?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Er, I meant Wichita Falls, not Wichita, KS, lol. Not that crazy!

Hmmm. Team Mewlon sounds alright, but I'm sure we can think of something better!

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Just got back from OMG, gg everyone! Great tourny, good job swift! I could play much more people than last time I went to the tourney and the friendlies were great. I guess I'll go to sleep now, I'll do shoutouts later when swift posts the results.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Here are the results!!!!!

Doubles

1. Mimic lan
2. Weapons of swift destruction
3. Lazer Kirby and Chris
4. Giggly Squirt
5. TxZero + tenko
6. Team Ness
7. Team ***

Singles!!

1. Sethlon
2. Swift
3. Chris
4. Thoraxe
5. Denti
6. Lazer Kirby
7. Emily
8. Tenko
9. Mr Pink
10. Mew
11. Mez
12. Waterfishy
13. Penguin
14. Rage (He forfeited)
15. Tx Zero

That's all!!!!!!

I had a very very fun time playing all of you guys. I will do shout outs later ;)

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
1. Sethlon - ROY uses BURN on FALCO(s)
2. Swift - BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
3. Chris - BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
4. Thoraxe - Slick luigi. Had fun playing friendlies. Cool dude.
5. Denti - Your spacing is a lot better, in melee, than I expected. Hope to see you around more often. Congratulations in brawl (disapprove of splitting though).
6. Lazer Kirby - I had fun playing that set against you. Fun peach.
7. Emily - Dash attack. Dash attack. Usmash tipper.
8. Tenko - ?
9. Mr Pink - ?
10. Mew - **** you
11. Mez - Did we play? Mez vs Mew? haha.
12. Waterfishy - ?
13. Penguin - You're on the right path. You do a lot of "correct" stuff, which is the best way to improve. I still wish we got to finish that set though.
14. Rage (He forfeited) - I'm sorry I lost. =( (Want to see you play at your best one day though. Did some crazy stuff to my characters...haha)
15. Tx Zero - ?
Shoutouts to Justin for coming with us. =]

? = Who is you? What character? Did we play? Sorry!

Good tournament, Swift. Hope to play you in singles next time. Congratulations to top 3. This kid Chris coming out of nowhere and placing well. Keep it up. haha. And, of course, Sethlon making conceivable the inconceivable.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
1. Sethlon - Roy's Story! You're soooooooo good!
2. Swift - Thanks for hosting! That was super fun, I'll definitely make it to the next one too. You should have free entry for singles for bringing a setup :p
3. Chris - :)
4. Thoraxe - :)
5. Denti - Grrrrrrrr, jiggs, grrrrrrrr
6. Lazer Kirby - :)
7. Emily - Get better scrub
8. Tenko - :)
9. Mr Pink - Seriously, I almost had a heart attack like ten times during our set. Maaaaaaad close each time. GGs
10. Mew - I should have used the chain more. Chain johns.
11. Mez - :)
12. Waterfishy - It was really nice talking to you toooooo! We'll play some more at Sethlon's or something. You got potential kid!
13. Penguin - :)
14. Rage (He forfeited) - :)
15. Tx Zero - :)

Shoutout for Justin for hanging! MMMmmMMM I <3 Video Games.

Sorry, i didn't catch everyone's name. Thanks for all the Puffs that gayed it up on me! Had a lot of fun playing friendlies and meeting the scene - we have to keep DFW Melee alive!!!

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
Ayo-
1. Sethlon- Low tier POWER! i'm personally glad i wasn't matched up against you in tourney, there is something disheartening about being crapped on by roy. Intense "warzone" games, and i'm lookin forward to your next smashfest. good **** mayne!
2. Swift- mad props for being the glue that holds our little melee community together. Razor close grand finals, one game away from total victory, and this guy still walks away with a big smile and more respect for the game/community. Hey man, you're swift as a fox, but know i'm slick as ice, and i'm gunning for you (Loser Semis 1 a.m. johns:cool:)
3. Chris- Super close set and awesome friendlies afterwards! gratz on 3rd, you definitely earned it. Your falco instilled a deep fear within my slippery heart, but i look forward to our next encounter all the more for it.
4. Thoraxe- that guy is me.... **** luigi :luigibrawl:
5. Denti- i heard you were given people the business with jiggs. I can respect the man who can make such a fluid transition from brawl to melee, and back. Gratz on brawl, and we'll do some friendlies soon at sethlon's hopefully.
6. Lazer Kirby- If my best friend didn't main peach then i would've probably got crapped on. Cool guy and good games, lookin forward to our next clash of floaties.
7. Emily- hahaha, you were cheesin on my friends with the classic Ftilt Fair, and other sheik business all night. They learned to hate sheik from me, so in a way, i'm proud
8. Tenko- i'm pretty sureee you were the cool guy playing "warzone" friendlies with me for a while. You got mad projectile skillz and a jiggs i look forward to playing once again.
9. Mr Pink- uhmmm, c Falcon bro if i remember correctly, good game, lookin forward to next time.
10. Mew- gave us the business in doubles, and played some friendly friendlies. Plano power! We'll meet up for some more friendlies sometime soon, possibly tomorrow at sethlon's? we'll see. gg's mayne, i know you'll be kicking *** at next tourney, and i look forward to the challenge.
11. Mez- maybe the only person i don't know. if i know you, my b.
12. Waterfishy- alright, i'll say it... HIS NAME IS WATERLESSFISHY, AS IN, OH **** I GOT NO WATER BUT I'M A FISH. just for clarity's sake. you da bess my #1 homieeeee
13. Penguin- hi will.
14. Rage (He forfeited) hopefully some friendlies tomorrow at sethlon's.
15. Tx Zero- good fox, sorry for making you wait on my ***! i was conducting some serious business. gg's

swift

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!!!!!

First off i want to say that I love our community and I looveee this game. I thank all of you guys that decide to drive all this way to come to this.

Sethlon- That was an amazing set. I had not have so much fun competing like that for a long time. It was soooooo close! How dare you defeat my fox and falco with your low tier trash lol. I have fun getting better at the game more than winning and you have helped me with that thanks.

Chris- You have a better falco than me so major props. you just need to mix it up more. good games.

Thoraxe- You are always a great competitor. Every time I see you play it seems like your always getting better. I feel like you are the glue of this community if that makes sense. Thank you for driving all this way to play with us and also bringing your crew.

Denti- I love working with you. Thank for hosting that horrible game of brawl, it brings more hype to OMG which I like. If you have any ideas just pm me. I promise to check smashboards more often.

Lazer Kirby- You are an amazing fighter. Your very smart and patient which is a dangerous combination. that was a close set.
Emily- I dont mean to sound like a nerd, but WE HAVE A GIRL IN OUR COMMUNITY!!!!! your sheik is awesome and I had fun playing with ya.

Tenko- Im glad I have a new League of legends partner. I look forward to playing with you later.

Mr Pink- you are a very chill guy which is cool. You definitely have some swag which is awesome.

Mew- you have a lot of potential. you just need to be more aggressive. I was hassling you all day son.

Mez- I'm glad you came with your friends man. had fun playing with ya.

Waterfishy- It looks like you have fun just playing melee which is cool. thanks for coming to these on a consistent basis.

Penguin- I see you but I never really have played with you much. thanks for coming

Rage- I look forward in see you in the finals next time. I know you are really good at the game so act like it.
15. Tx Zero- teach me your ways of league of legends please!!! Good job in beating me in the grand finals of warzone. major props for taking my money.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Good stuff Swift on keeping this going.

GG's to Thoraxe and Emily.

Whoever I was doing in friendlies with that goes to UTA, hollar at me.

I think it was Adam? from Wichita Falls, come to the next one for sure so we can go cruisin again in between doubles and singles lol.

Team Ness comin for that number one spot next time. Also maybe I wont switch characters every single game next time. Get too bored with a single character for more than one game.

<--- btw I guess I went in as Mr.Pink for singles. Names are over-rated.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
1. Sethlon - great stuff with roy. I can only remember that rolldodge I did on teams, big fail for me lol

2. Swift - Again, great tourny, keep up the good work. Thanks for the compliments, I've noticed long ago that I'm a really calmed player and that's why I decided to go peach since the playstyle isn't as fast as others but I need to work on my speed. Anyway you're doing great with the peach matchup! keep it up!

3. Chris - Your falco is awesome. At first I thought I would have to be more agressive on teams but I just sat back and watched you pummel everyone lol great job! Awesome friendlies too. Go Alaska!

4. Thoraxe - I need to work more on the luigi matchup but man you really got me at the end of that last match. BTW if you have time, go check out blea gelo's luigi on youtube, he's amazing! I played him at pound 4 and we even teamed up for that tourny cause we didn't have teams.

5. Denti - Did we play? I guess we did friendlies but I played a lot of people in friendlies after singles was over so I'm not sure...

6. Lazer Kirby - it's laser not lazer! what's wrong with you XD j/k you guys can just call me LK

7. Emily - I know who you are cause you were the only girl lol but you probably don't know who I am. I hope we can play next time.

8. Tenko - ?

9. Mr Pink - ?

10. Mew - ?

11. Mez - ?

12. Waterfishy - Were you the guy who used jiggz against me in friendlies?

13. Penguin - ?

14. Rage (He forfeited) - I think you forfeited after my fight... is that right... I'm not quite sure, I'm have a hard time understanding english sometimes... :(

15. Tx Zero - ?

I don't remember the ones that have "?". I'm quite sure I played tenko and mew but I can't recall which one was which and I don't want to mix you up guys lol...

@toiletduck - I go to UTA but I'm not sure if I'm the one you're looking for...

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I was the guy you beat in losers then we played friendlies before or after you played Thoraxe. Tall, skinny, with brown hair and crooked glasses if that helps you remember at all lol.

BaldeMx

Smash Rookie
sup

hey, let me introduce my self, am Balde from Monterrey MX,
i decided to come to smashboards to find people near me to play
melee, cuz i need to practice cuz ill will go next to Javi(fox) and E X(peach)
to the Apex, i have like a year without playin and ill like to start playin again
i live in Arlington near 360 and Pioneer pkwy, 76010
so if anyone wants to help me for practice it will be good, and i guess ill go to
the next monthly tournys you made ;)
ill leave my Fb here just in case i forgot to check smashboards

feel free to add me http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002707072514

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
10. Mew- gave us the business in doubles, and played some friendly friendlies. Plano power! We'll meet up for some more friendlies sometime soon, possibly tomorrow at sethlon's? we'll see. gg's mayne, i know you'll be kicking *** at next tourney, and i look forward to the challenge.
I think it's really cool/ironic that there are still melee players at PESH. My friend used to host smash "tourneys" in a classroom in that center section on the second story. It was brawl and poorly run, but I got to play melee friendlies the entire time so it was neat for that reason. lol I miss PESH.

Mew- you have a lot of potential. you just need to be more aggressive. I was hassling you all day son.
This was my first tournament since last year's spring. I did VERY stupid stuff throughout both doubles and singles. Tournament play has pressure that I'm still not used to and, of course, twice the salt. (Still getting that salt off my controller.) :salt:

We need to play next time. I'll be more comfortable attacking by then.

10. Mew - :151:

I don't remember the ones that have "?". I'm quite sure I played tenko and mew but I can't recall which one was which and I don't want to mix you up guys lol...
I'm the :stupidfox: you played in round one. FD, PS, then BF. That was a fun set for me.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hey BaldeMx! Welcome to the DFW scene. Sorry for the slow response, but this thread is used mostly just for talking about the OMG series, our DFW melee thread is more for social stuff and smashfests and the like.

I'm actually holding a smashfest at my place in the plano area tomorrow if you're really itching to play. Let me know if you're interested and I can shoot you a pm with my address and stuff.

My shoutouts are still to come! Gonna be throwing up the finals videos some time soon too.

BaldeMx

Smash Rookie
Hey BaldeMx! Welcome to the DFW scene. Sorry for the slow response, but this thread is used mostly just for talking about the OMG series, our DFW melee thread is more for social stuff and smashfests and the like.

I'm actually holding a smashfest at my place in the plano area tomorrow if you're really itching to play. Let me know if you're interested and I can shoot you a pm with my address and stuff.

My shoutouts are still to come! Gonna be throwing up the finals videos some time soon too.
i will love to go, but i work Sat and Sun, and i got free Mon-Fri

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
OMG is a monthly series...there's been several already. The next is apparently scheduled for October 21st!

Moongazer27

Smash Rookie
Hey i've been playing SSB for my whole life, but i've never been to a turney. This one isn't too far away from where I live. I can't make it this month, but i might be able to make it next month. is it held on the third week of every month or does it shift around? Also do you all do friendlies for SSB64? Oh also is there an age limit?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hiya Moongazer, welcome to Smashboards.
OMG doesn't have a set weekend, it generally shifts around. Denti usually brings a set up for Smash 64, so if you want to find someone to play in that, I'm sure you'd have no problem. No age limit, anyone can come and play!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Hiya Moongazer, welcome to Smashboards.
OMG doesn't have a set weekend, it generally shifts around. Denti usually brings a set up for Smash 64, so if you want to find someone to play in that, I'm sure you'd have no problem. No age limit, anyone can come and play!
actually, I think you are supposed to be 18 or older to get in, but you shouldn't cause any problems as long as you're 16 and up. My friend brought that kid that one time... the person in charge wasn't too happy about that...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I sincerely doubt that Swift would turn away anyone looking to enter the tournament.
It wasn't Swift. It was the guy who sits in the middle room handing out drinks/pizza. I'm sure it won't be a problem if the person is a teen (even younger than 16.). It was just that we brought an actual kid once (like 6 years old) and was informed that we weren't supposed to.

swift

Smash Journeyman
HEY GUYS I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY TO THIS TO YOU!!! I HAVE TO CANCEL THIS OMG DUE TO A LOT OF REASONS! THEY ONLY TRUST ME TO HOST SOMETHING AT THE CHURCH AND I HAVE TO WORK THAT NIGHT. I ALSO HAVE NO HELPERS WHICH IS NO GOOD. THERE ALSO IS SOMEONE ELSE THAT BOOKED THOSE ROOMS AND THE LIST GOES ON!

The next OMG will have to be on November 11 which is not too far off.

Scheduling OMG will get difficult with the holidays so stay posted. I wont be stupid enough to put something on Christmas day. Sorry for the late notice. I have school, work and stuff. I will try to get on smashboards more often but I cant make any promises. :urg:

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
November 11 is the same weekend as a large Austin tournament for both Melee and Brawl. Houston at least will be going to Austin that weekend and I was kind of hoping Dallas would go as well. Can you move it to a following weekend by any chance?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
COME TO AUSTIN NOV12TH YES YES YES

huge brawl tournament and pretty large melee tournament about 5 mins walk away, hopefully this'll make rides easier to get

Top Bottom