• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair meteor setups

Deg

Smash Cadet
I´ve been playing around with ways to almost guarantee the meteor hit of luigis dair and so far I´ve only found one.

Short hop under the high part of ys platforms and perform dair at the apex of the jump.

My question is: have anyone else got any other almost guaranteed setups? I´d love to know. :)

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
You can also full hop under the high DL platform and dair at the apex of the jump and hit it. Besides these setups I've only found success in dthrow/uthrow on floaties and really careful spacing and timing combined with particular DI in of weird angles.

edit: There's also Abate's Misfire Combo! Platform cancel nair Fox ~50-60% -> short hop dair is at the perfect spacing to hit the front part of the meteor hitbox -> fastfall uair -> misfire.

Last edited:

Deg

Smash Cadet
Theres one on Dreamland too? thats awesome :) I'll have to see how the nair to meteor works seeing as nair is weaker in pal :p

Thank you for the tip.

Deg

Smash Cadet
"Luigi's neutral aerial is less powerful."

Damn you smashpedia and your lies... :p

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
"Luigi's neutral aerial is less powerful."

Damn you smashpedia and your lies... :p
I know. Smashpedia is a cancer and has no reason to continue existing (it's not as bad as the IGN wiki at least). SmashWiki (http://www.ssbwiki.com) is much better, though still problematic in a lot of areas (it's improving) and should be used preferentially at all times.

Here's the list of regional differences (which is accurate): http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_regional_version_differences_(SSBM)

Luigi is identical in PAL and NTSC by the way.

Last edited:

Dragons fist

Smash Rookie
You can also ff the down air past the apex of your jump and then throw out the dair because your hit box will be more distorted up. so I do that on battle feild and dreamland side plat forms and ys top platform, other than that I use the rising one on all other platforms, so top of bf and dream land and ys side platforms. Both are good because then you can mid air jump and wave land or throw out another arieal that best fits the situation, perhaps even down b

Last edited:
Top Bottom