• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D1's Falco Vids (Best Falco in New York)

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey guys I'm going to be periodically upping vids from time to time. My main training partner is NinjaLink since we live so **** close (you guys probably all know who he is) so yeah my Falco style probably might be different from a couple others...but it sure has helped me win/place high (top 3) in most tourneys in the North East. I'm part of the crew Team Supremacy home of D1, NinjaLink, Ron, Malcolm, Starzonedge, and KillaOR (yes the guy on MTV).

Anyways enough about me.

Enjoy!

-friendlies-

D1 (Falco) vs. NL (ROB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HeYuAReQiA

D1 (Falco) vs. NL (Diddy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPwSRpWxVU

We have more D1 vs. NinjaLink matches, but he's too lazy to upload immediately
---------

friendlies @ Ryko's fest 10-08

D1 ( Falco) vs. Rookie (Fox)

Match 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0E35Ob9PA&fmt=18

Match 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiHdspYebo&fmt=18

Match 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyMLlv_nQw&fmt=18

(these weren't my favorite matches since I just came off of playing Snake the entire day...but w/e no johns)

Thanks for watching!

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Why do you follow-up your grabs with N-Air as opposed to D-Air?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
More horizontal reacher thus eaisier to hit?

I like your style. You have very nice spacing with the aerials (typically the nair)

Edit: But ouch at the diddy match. He was good too.

D1

I sometimes follow up w/ dair, but there are times the opponent may opt to interrupt my follow up after the initial dair.

Plus after I nair them they're still airborne allowing me to be in control.

I usually dair around percents that I know the opponent will be stunned or grounded.

So yeah don't worry I have plenty of other vids where I dair...but usually against floaties like ROB or Peach I like to go for nairs and follow up from there.

Don't get me wrong...I sure love dair ^_^.

...and thanks alot Fluke! : D Nair's my favorite Falco move as you can see. I can shield stab pretty well and if used properly it cant be shield grabbed unless ur fightin DK or DDD -_-. If I laser spam 'em enough when I nair at least they can get shieldstabbed.

What's there not to love about nair?

It auto-cancels, it has combo potential, you can laser lock after it (during certain percentage ranges), great shield stabbing move, and it sounds cool as hell XDD!

STMH

Smash Cadet
whao. that match versus diddy was CHAOS! his banana's were cheap. not mention he spamed it so much.

D1

whao. that match versus diddy was CHAOS! his banana's were cheap. not mention he spamed it so much.
He's the best Diddy in the nation...I would rather him go all out instead of just holding back his skills.

Haha yeah that match was intense ^_^. I almost had it then I got impatient near the end cuz he was beasting too much LOL.

STMH

Smash Cadet
LOL. nice, best falco versus best diddy. but i must say, i was expecting you to win. and seeing sethlon win most of his mathches, gave me the though of that falco can own anything.

D1

LOL. nice, best falco versus best diddy. but i must say, i was expecting you to win. and seeing sethlon win most of his mathches, gave me the though of that falco can own anything.
Falco can own everything as long as the player is patient.

I did fight NL in tournament last weekend he went MetaKnight round 1, and ROB round 2 and I 2-0'ed him.

That same tourney last weekend I got 1st w/ 170 ppl entering that tourney too.

Biggest Brawl tourney on the EC by far.

STMH

Smash Cadet

I did fight NL in tournament last weekend he went MetaKnight round 1, and ROB round 2 and I 2-0'ed him.

..there is nothing more left for me to say. >_>

patient? hm..... well when ever i get into bad situation i just down smash or roll away then run and lazer spam until he approaches and combo him. ^^

zamz

Smash Journeyman

Can I have your babies?

J4pu

Smash Champion
ROB can use his super quick Dsmash to escape the Dair pseudo CG
it might be possible to do with some amazing timing but in my experience he can Dsmash out every time

I have a question about the 3rd match against r00kie. why were you staying in the crevice area during the first transformation of pkmn stadium? Fox has a shine infinite against walls, seems like if he tried to come in and you made a small enough mistake to allow a single shine to get off, you get screwed.

STMH

Smash Cadet
the matches versus r00kie was okay. i like more intense battles =P

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
What an original style, I like it ALOT. I've never seen your Falco before D1 but my hat is off to your style. Well done!

D1

Thanks much for the good feedback fellaz!

NJzFinest you know how Haitienne's do it!

Thats why I only rock Black Falco XD! (Cuz I'm Black! LOL)

I'm going to a fest today hopefully I can record some matches I wanna get some laser locks on video XDD.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I like how people are moving to Falco now, makes my character have a strong position and a strong threat! =D

zamz

Smash Journeyman
D1, I've been meaning to ask. Does Ankoku know about the tournement where you took 1st out of 170? It would be a shame if Falco loses such a valuable tournement win. I looked, and I couldn't see that tournement referenced anywhere in Ankoku's list.

D1

Well check "Regional Zones", "Atlantic North"...and you'll see plenty of tourneys.

We have from NYC Monthlies, to Bx weeklies held by Bum, and Polytech SSBB Brawl Singles Tournies as well.

The city has been dead tourney-wise from Aug-Sept...but recently we started popping off w/ tournies again.

KillaOR plays alotta Wow still, but he plays SSBB as well. Marth and Jiggz are his chars of choice so far.

And Ankoku's gonna add my tourney win don't worry. ^_^

STMH

Smash Cadet
Thanks much for the good feedback fellaz!

NJzFinest you know how Haitienne's do it!

Thats why I only rock Black Falco XD! (Cuz I'm Black! LOL)

I'm going to a fest today hopefully I can record some matches I wanna get some laser locks on video XDD.
DO NOT LOOSE! ^^
and i'll be looking forward to more of your vids =P

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
D1 i wanna ditto u one day, i might go to bum's bx weekly but idk... takes maddd long to get there from staten island lol hit me up if ya ever want a ditto :)
but srsly yo nice matches lol

D1

This is what disappoints me, if you ever meet a good Falco player, you will never get to play a real game with them if you both play Falco.
Hmm?

I said I won't mind...which means I'll agree to it.

LOL

Miscommunication perhaps mah d00d?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Hmm?

I said I won't mind...which means I'll agree to it.

LOL

Miscommunication perhaps mah d00d?
nonono, I mean even if you do, the match turns ******** because grab=death without any use of skill
nothing against you or players, it's against the falco vs falco matchup

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Impressive, you should come to Drexel's next Brawl tournament on November 14th. I'd like to play some Falco dittos.

GodAwful

Smash Rookie
Your use of the n-air in the first two vids was fantastic D1 (haven't watched the friendlies yet).

I noticed your opponents were getting to really high percents and weren't particularly heavy characters, and I've been having the same problem in friendlies. Any ideas on how to finish 'em off?

P.S. first post.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Did you beat nl in any friendlys? We know he loses, but we need a vid to prove it since all he posts are him ****** ppl! :bee:

D1

Who cares about friendlies? I beat NL more times than he beat me in tourney. Lately he's been catching up though. Last night's tourney I wrecked the crap outta his Diddy in winners finals...so he counterpicked R.O.B. and Lucario to beat me T_T...Falco hates gimps.

No matter so far I'm ranked higher than him in NYC. I'm 2nd best player there...Bum being the 1st. NL is 3rd...this is all based off of our tourney rankings in total since day 1.

Plus NL says it himself...he hates fightin Falco XD.

I still love him anyway like a brother...my best training partner in the entire world.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Who cares about friendlies? I beat NL more times than he beat me in tourney. Lately he's been catching up though. Last night's tourney I wrecked the crap outta his Diddy in winners finals...so he counterpicked R.O.B. and Lucario to beat me T_T...Falco hates gimps.

No matter so far I'm ranked higher than him in NYC. I'm 2nd best player there...Bum being the 1st. NL is 3rd...this is all based off of our tourney rankings in total since day 1.

Plus NL says it himself...he hates fightin Falco XD.

I still love him anyway like a brother...my best training partner in the entire world.
I'm surprised there aren't more videos of you. I heard good things about you, but it took until now to see them.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
wow boring match. instead of camping so much, why not play more aggressive doubt ur the best falco in new york. alot of useless things were in your matches. Diddy is pretty easy to beat. Just control his bananas first and you'll dominate

D1

wow boring match. instead of camping so much, why not play more aggressive doubt ur the best falco in new york. alot of useless things were in your matches. Diddy is pretty easy to beat. Just control his bananas first and you'll dominate
LOL you talk alot of smack young man. Why not go all aggro against ROB and **** him eh?

Everyone has their style of play, and I definitely would like to see the tourneys you did well in to know if you're worth talking to.

I have too many wins under my belt to have to answer to you. And yes Diddy is easy to beat...I play NL like everyday. These vids are friendlies when I get tourney vids up maybe then you'll learn to grow some hair?

(sucks how every thread has to be ruined by one troll)

crifer

Smash Lord
Maybe you could take some replays of the God DK Bum,
there are only 2 vids of him up, i would like to see more^^
Nice games your use of nair is awesome!

Top Bottom