• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok no. We are watchign episodes 4,5,6 NO MATTER WHAT. those arare the good ones people.

i think we should start with 1,2,3, then end it off well with the amazing classics of epicness.

i can just quote you episode 3 if i like.. forget it or somthing.

same with monty python holy grail.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Or you could watch the 109 episodes of Hokuto no Ken.

And watch the 43 episode of Hokuto no Ken 2 on the way back.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I am going to try and make this. I am thinking of taking the train as it makes few stops, and saves massively on hotel fare. Anyone else interested? I know the whole smash bus thing is going around too.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hajime No Ippo is the best anime ever. Period. I could watch that entire series on the way easily. Even tho i've seen it already twice. Its my favorite ever. Too good.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
It started the 6th, and went up on youtube the 8th. Just search "Ippo new challenger sub" and you'll find it.

Ippo is **** good.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
If I'm in a Smashbus, I'll just play my Super Nintendo games the whole entire way. I'll especially play Super Mario RPG. That game is beyond amazing.

Speaking of eating food at a tournament. No one does it better than me because I eat cereal during tournaments regularly lol.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
If I'm in a Smashbus, I'll just play my Super Nintendo games the whole entire way. I'll especially play Super Mario RPG. That game is beyond amazing.

Speaking of eating food at a tournament. No one does it better than me because I eat cereal during tournaments regularly lol.
Best thing I've ever seen. Gangsta *** DJ, chillin on a bball court full of smash-happenings, eating Cap'n Crunch, all the while cuddling with a plush boozer.

The imagery speaks for itself. Amazing.

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
why dnt yallz just add in 64 as well? make it a tri fecta! it wouldnt be as nostalgic if 64 wasnt in this piece...no lie true story snifffff

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

Dude do it. It starts in NYC.
No johns

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman

you sir are my hero on so many levels, good stuff

Corigames

Smash Hero
Decisons.

I live in West Virginia and want to come to this tournament. After a few minutes of research, I'm looking at $410 dollars for air fare to get there. This also doesn't include the several hour trip it will take to get to the airport in PA and the gas that will take. Then, upon getting there, I will have to spend money on food, entrance fee, and any Money Matches that have to take place. I currently work at McDonalds making **** per hour and I'm going to have to start paying off student loans soon.

This all adds up to if I can go. The trip in it's entirety looks, to me, like it's going to be around $600. I'm not sure if I would have that kind of money by July or even if I would be willing to spend all of that just to go to this thing. I do not doubt my ability to win in this (confidence not stupidity), but I'm putting all my chips on the table for this which is not going to make this a fun trip but more like a business one. If I don't win ANYTHING, I'm out more than half a grand and nothing to show for it but a ticket stub.

If one thing is clear, if I can come, I will. If I magically get the money and a ride to the airport, you had better believe I'm flying in. But... the question is what to sacrifice? I'm going to have to call of 5 or so days form work which means I might as well quit since you aren't allowed to do that at my work. I'm going to need someone to pick me up and drop me off at both airports on both days. I'll need a place to sleep and food to eat. It will take a lot of work and effort to do this if I can is what I'm trying to say.

So... in all seriousness, does it sound worth it? All I want to do is get my name made in Melee, that's my goal. Is $600 and a whole lot of trouble worth going to this tournament on a chance of winning glory against people I've never played and pros who have never talk about me? I would like to say yes, but... it's just so much. I'm not rich. I mean... West Virginia man. I have nothing right now. But, this may be one of the last opportunities to do this. It would be like passing up a pilgrimage to Disney Land and then having it close down within the year before you could try to do it again.

I'm just in a conflict of interest and was wondering if someone could give me support in this. Thank you.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
well you, got the wrong idea i thinks, tournaments have never been about the money to me, its about the good stupid fun times you have with people who love the same game as you, yeah its a lot of money to go down there but the times, you spend with the people having fun with everyone greatly out weighs the cost, im going knowing im not winnng anything, just to have fun/meet some cool people, but that is jusst my thoughts on it

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i never said you haven't, this is more like a vacation though lol and i bet the number of people coming wont match the tournament you've been to as well, besides theres a smash bus... how could you not want to go lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

It pays to have a full-time job, an ***-load of vacation days from said job, a (couple of) tax return(s), and a Grim Reaper in pink robes willing to provide transportation/housing.

In all seriousness though, if you want it bad enough you'll make it happen.

Edit:

well you, got the wrong idea i thinks, tournaments have never been about the money to me, its about the good stupid fun times you have with people who love the same game as you, yeah its a lot of money to go down there but the times, you spend with the people having fun with everyone greatly out weighs the cost, im going knowing im not winnng anything, just to have fun/meet some cool people, but that is jusst my thoughts on it
This. Baka, I like you more with every post.

Smooth Criminal

Corigames

Smash Hero
i never said you haven't, this is more like a vacation though lol and i bet the number of people coming wont match the tournament you've been to as well, besides theres a smash bus... how could you not want to go lol
It's a large financial risk. It's not every weekend that you blow large sums of money on video games.

And I said that because you gave your post the inflection that I don't know what it's like to go to a tourny. I do, but this would definitely be different.

What's this about a bus though?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
>_>

This. Baka, I like you more with every post.

Smooth Criminal
aww smoothie <3

theres suppose to be a bus going from ny to cali, caring many crazy smasher where craziness, man secks, smash and other good things shall ensue, which might actually make the trip cheaper for you as well, dunno though but in the end its all up to you, but as matt said get on the bus!

Alukard

Smash Hero
link info to this ... bus =]

also corey games ... that was a post str8 from the heart bro ... sry no one but thhe dragon took it seriously ...

but he said it all think of it as a vacation ... some of my best friends ... and close buddies are from smash ... and my already friends are somewat close because of this game ... take that into consideration ... come along if u can spend that on vacation sort of speak ... i'm in a pretty ****ty state in life right now myself ... but this is tooo much fun written alll over it lol

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yeah, the only reason I'm taking the bus is for the sake of being with friends, making new ones, and basically going on vacation with smashers.

Smashers are a second family.
<3 Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom