• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Déja Vu

Death

Smash Lord
I just realized how often I've been experiencing déja vu (you know that feeling where you have already experienced this before).

My most recent one occurred in physics today (where I had already gone through a portion of the lesson in a previous time period).

Do you ever have deja vu? And if so, what do you think about it? What causes it?

Dolente

Smash Cadet
I just realized how often I've been experiencing déja vu (you know that feeling where you have already experienced this before).

My most recent one occurred in physics today (where I had already gone through a portion of the lesson in a previous time period).

Do you ever have deja vu? And if so, what do you think about it? What causes it?
It's a glitch in the Matrix, it's what happens when they change something.

Seriously, though, you already said it yourself. It is a situation or image which you have encountered before in a very, very similar setting, so much so that your brain, which often reconstructs stored memories with clues from your present environment, interprets it to be exactly the same. You had gone through the lesson before, and your memory retrieval picked up some similar location and context cues and retreived what seemed to be the same memory.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Top Bottom