• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Music Not Working

genomedrunk

Smash Rookie
yep, this question again

I'm trying to get custom music working on my PM. Brawlbox and Song Manager plays it correctly but in-game it plays a sped up version of the original song littered with static. The songs I'm trying to replace (T01 and W31) aren't replaced by PM by default, so I just put it in the /strm folder.

I'm using a 7gb MicroSD card + SD adapter. Defragged it already, reformatted twice. About 5.3gb space free.

EDIT: Running on homebrew.

Last edited:

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
console? cards above 2 gigs generally have some sort of weird behavior in my experience, I'm surprised you can get it to run at all.

emulator? make sure it's named sd.raw and in the proper directory. Try either formatting or making a new virtual SD card. They tend to get a little wonky when adding and removing stuff. Just re-add everything at once and unmount it without screwing with it again. I had that problem but it was because I was replacing files, and not deleting them first and then copying the new ones over, but according to your description that isn't the case.
EDIT: scratch all this, didn't read your post properly, you're on console.

oh, also microSD cards are super wacky. stuff can get minorly modified during the transfer and mess a lot of stuff up. use a normal SD card if you can.

Last edited:

genomedrunk

Smash Rookie
Tried a normal SD card, still not working. Also tried a different BRSTM (P03 or whatever skyworld is), didn't work.
EDIT: Also, it's happening to the default PM brstms too.

Last edited:

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Are you launching the game via the P:M launcher, or are you using Gecko? Generally the best way to launch the game is using Gecko and setting the hooktype to AVNextFrame.

genomedrunk

Smash Rookie
Via P:M launcher.
How would I go about launching P:M with Gecko?

Last edited:
Top Bottom