• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Moves?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Did someone find up Sheik's custom moves?

We really need to know them!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Did someone find up Sheik's custom moves?

We really need to know them!
I've been aggressively hunting down that information and even been making request from people who have the game but so far no luck. If we don't get the information by next weekend I might do something crazy and buy a Japanese 3ds even though I don't think its worth it.

Chauzu

Smash Ace

Enjoy.

If you want me to test something I could try but it's hard vs. CPU and I can't use them online so.

This was all for you guys sake btw as I don't main Sheik so be grateful lmao unlocking custom moves and then recording is time consuming... If only more people helped out with this.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Looks like the last Bouncing fish variation is great when you're trying to recovery and opponents will try to punish you, because you will be sent back to the stage while the opponent will be launched in the blast line direction... I'm right?

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

Enjoy.

If you want me to test something I could try but it's hard vs. CPU and I can't use them online so.

This was all for you guys sake btw as I don't main Sheik so be grateful lmao unlocking custom moves and then recording is time consuming... If only more people helped out with this.
Thanks, bud. Though you should be a Sheik main. :)

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Looks like the last Bouncing fish variation is great when you're trying to recovery and opponents will try to punish you, because you will be sent back to the stage while the opponent will be launched in the blast line direction... I'm right?
Absolutely. Very good recovery, and I can see it's uses when someone's trying to gimp you. My question is, can she go through projectiles with that? Like, to avoid Villager gimping you with his slingshot for example.

Sheik is looking fantastic. I love her custom moves. I'm torn between a couple of them already... For me, it looks like it'll be something like...

Nuetral B = Variation 2, Piercing (solo) Variation 3, stun (teams)
UP+B = Variation 2, no damage, more range
Side+B = Wind Bomb (standard) or Variation 2 (bomb that pulls towards Shiek)
Down+B = Bouncing Fish Variation 3, spike with recovery, or Variation 2, higher jump but combo + more damage.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I am pleasantly surprised. Those grenade and jumping fish variants look nothing short of fabulous for combos.

The only one I'm confused about is the 3rd teleport. Is it just a shorter Vanish that does more damage?

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I am pleasantly surprised. Those grenade and jumping fish variants look nothing short of fabulous for combos.

The only one I'm confused about is the 3rd teleport. Is it just a shorter Vanish that does more damage?
I doubt it is... The player never used it in the air (on the opponent) which bothered me. Sheik slammed her hand into the ground really hard when he used it off the ground. This leads me to believe that it may have some sort of spike property to it if used correctly.

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
I dunno how I feel about the new needles.
The penetrating one doesn't seem like it would be the best option, it has less range but maybe does more damage.
The Paralyzing one looks very slow and the stun doesnt seem very long, unless it scales with damage?
Regular needles have always been fine, minus the landing lag in brawl.

Inviting grenade looks like to could have some pretty cool uses and I quite like the rolling one TBH!

Enjoy.

Sis could you have used vanish sideways so we could see the ending lag on the ground?
Or downwards from the air?
Also can you see if it ledge cancels?

I love the momentum she gets after the fish moves.

I'm loving the Sheik in this game TBH.

Better than Zelda.

Would have been nice if

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...My god, I'm laying down but I feel have to take a more relax position so I don't faint. What's more relaxing then laying on a bed? jk

Sheik has some really good options, a lot of them.... ... I don't know which one's are the best, this is WONDERFUL.

Thank you ever so much @ Chauzu Chauzu

Last edited:

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
Off topic, but would ya'll prefer Sheik to be back to her melee glory where she's a super solid character, like top tier but used by all the tier whores?

Or would you prefer her to be like a better version of her Brawl version, maybe a solid mid tier who has trouble killing?

I'd take the latter, I don't want ha to be overused by everyone.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Off topic, but would ya'll prefer Sheik to be back to her melee glory where she's a super solid character, like top tier but used by all the tier *****s?

Or would you prefer her to be like a better version of her Brawl version, maybe a solid mid tier who has trouble killing?

I'd take the latter, I don't want ha to be overused by everyone.
Your post bugs me in a lot of ways.

First you call the majority of people who use Sheik in melee tier whores, then you insult Brawl sheik suggesting she not a solid mid tier character and then you stated you only like things when they are unpopular. Please reconsider your opinions or I'm going to avoid you for now on.

About your question though I would prefer a better Brawl version of Sheik but not just mid tier but equal or better then what she was in melee. It's not that I have a problem morally against chain grabbing like crazy or playing as much like drephen as I can but I just feel Sheik combo style and footie/zone control is just more fun then when compared to Melee's.

Last edited:

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
Your post bugs me in a lot of ways.

First you call the majority of people who use Sheik in melee tier *****s, then you insult Brawl sheik suggesting she not a solid mid tier character and then you stated you only like things when they are unpopular. Please reconsider your options or I'm going to avoid you for now on.

About your question though I would prefer a better Brawl version of Sheik but not just mid tier but equal or better then what she was in melee. It's not that I have a problem morally against chain grabbing like crazy or playing as much like drephen as I can but I just feel Sheik combo style and footie/zone control is just more fun then when compared to Melee.

Now sis....

You honestly want to tell me most Melee Sheiks were using her because they liked the character?

If thats the case why did almost no one end up using her when Brawl came out?
Also Sheik was lower mid tier in brawl, I would consider a solid mid tier someone like ROB or Peach.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Now sis....

You honestly want to tell me most Melee Sheiks were using her because they liked the character?

If thats the case why did almost no one end up using her when Brawl came out?
Also Sheik was lower mid tier in brawl, I would consider a solid mid tier someone like ROB or Peach.
No I'm going to tell...heh actually I am going to tell you that! =D The majority of people today who use Sheik like her for her unique low technical play style and for what she brings to the table that no other viable characters does. The key word in there is viable, I did not say top/high tier. Also Tier whores is just a really a bad saying just like 'tiers are for queers' and calling anything annoying/good 'gay' which is no longer said in our maturing community. Now the reason why people didn't use her in Brawl was because she struggle to be really tournament viable (she was) and she had a steep learning curve which was rewarding at the end of the day but most people were not willing to get there. With that said though if you ask the majority of the people who play Brawl I bet they will say they like playing Sheik and that they just wish she was better. Now the issue about the whole lower mid tier thing, I personally think the tier list is wrong and Sheik should be much higher. There's just so much amazing **** Sheik can pull off that no one else can once your good with her and her match up's aren't bad either so I refuse to accept her placement. I feel Brawl Sheik is a lot like melee Captain Falcon as there's so much potential but it's hard to constantly bring it out.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace

Yeah as I wrote in the description it feels like I was missing something about the move. I'm sure there's something else to it.

Otherwise, it's just horrible lol.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Yeah as I wrote in the description it feels like I was missing something about the move. I'm sure there's something else to it.

Otherwise, it's just horrible lol.
Oh shoot! Its Chauzu! You're here too! How's it going bud?! Glad to see you're contributing custom moves here. Doing the same over at Pikachu's section myself. Thanks for the video!

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Oh shoot! Its Chauzu! You're here too! How's it going bud?! Glad to see you're contributing custom moves here. Doing the same over at Pikachu's section myself. Thanks for the video!
Hey, good games earlier lol. Yeah I know a lot of people are interested in the custom moves so doing my best to help out.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Hey, good games earlier lol. Yeah I know a lot of people are interested in the custom moves so doing my best to help out.
Yeah for sure, I just sent a link of it to Owlyx since he mains Sheik. Though I now fear I will have a much harder time winning against him after he employs some of these customs haha!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Normal needles
Piecing needles
Stun needle
Explosive grenade
Inviting grenade
Bouncing grenade
Vanish
Instant warp
Abyss
I need to go but I'll add BF later.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hi! I plan on maining Sheik in sm4sh, and I need some help picking out possible customs, I think that the non damaging Vanish could set up for mind games as from what I saw there is little to no ending lag. Could be wrong though. I also want to know what Bouncing Fish I could use, as I don't get them too well

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
The instant Vanish definitely has endlag, the only benefits are slightly greater range and minimal vulnerability on startup.

All the Bouncing Fish variants seem like they have some use. I'm leaning towards either the default or third option, but that's just me theorycrafting. Will have a better idea come Friday.

Top Bottom