• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom amiibo figures thread

Will you be making a cutom amiibo ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So I rarely come up with unique threads, but this is seriously something that interests me.
Come and share pictures of custom amiibo's either made by yourself or people on the interwebs.
Here's a few I have found.

Come share your collections too and please enjoy your stay :)

Khao

Smash Lord
I got Marth.

I'm planning on painting him green (in the same way as he looks with the in-game recolor) as well as tweak him a bit so he's more detailed. (Like leaving darker colors inside creases, that kinda stuff)

I just have to figure out what the **** am I gonna do with the insignia on the back of his cape, cause there's no ****ing way I'll be able to recreate that.

I'll probably have to get some extra paint too, I used to collect Warhammer miniatures, and still have a lot of paints from that time, but about half of them have completely dried up.

Last edited:

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Can someone teach me what paint to use if I wanted to custom design Amiibo colors?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Can someone teach me what paint to use if I wanted to custom design Amiibo colors?
I might like to know this as well.

EDIT: Found a thread on reddit. Apparently acrylic paint is the kind to use for this. Wet q-tips can be used to spot treat misses.

Last edited:

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
Imma totaly make Mega Man into Protoman when it comes out. Maybe buy a third Mega Man Amiibo to make Bass.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My wife is gonna paint my Samus Amiibo to be Dark Samus flavor. It will be glorious

Rochette

Smash Cadet

I just add an accessory which was under my sleeve. It's not really perfect or hard. I planned to be more into painting / fimo later
Acrylic works wells with fimo. It really easy to make something wich works well. Don't be afraid. I post my Kirby later.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
I am artistic But i wish I was this good.
But the ones I'd want to do.
:4greninja:-Shiny
:4lucario:-Shiny
:4megaman:-ProtoMan and Bass
:4yoshi:-Blue Yoshi
:4link:-FD Link
:4samus:-Fusion Suit

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Super helpful! I'm paraphrasing some stuff just so it's easier

"Keep two q-tips nearby, one wet and one dry. That way if you slip and get blue on white you can use the wet qtip to get the paint off and the dry one to dry it off, best of luck!"

"Actylics, it was trickier than I had originally thought because you need a really tiny brush to get into some of his cracks and crevices, especially under his [Yoahi's] legs.

"The brand name I used was called AppleBarrel, I got it from Walmart.

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
I was waiting fr this thread to happen and that metallic mario looks sweet

Khao

Smash Lord
I just have to figure out what the **** am I gonna do with the insignia on the back of his cape, cause there's no ****ing way I'll be able to recreate that.
So I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to do this?

I thought of just doing some sort of mini-stencil, but the thing's so freaking detailed it's just not feasible at all. And I just don't trust myself to paint it manually.

I guess I could always just leave it out, or change it for something else. But that's kinda lame.

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
Might try painting a Samus amiibo into a Light Suit / Dark Suit / Fusion Suit.
I've heard it starts to lean a bit over because of the cannon, though, so I might get a Kirby amiibo and put a little Meta Knight mask on it, or a Link amiibo painted gold or blue or whatever.

I can't wait to get artblock thinking of what to do with them.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
I'm going to make a Monkey D. Kirby with Straw Hat and scar.

I also want to make double characters Amiibo with a little Pikachu on a Kirby something like that.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I would pay someone to do a repaint of my Link amiibo, but I wouldn't personally do it. I'd probably mess it up.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hi guys see that you are all enjoying the thread :D
Any way I plan on making two (or should I say 3) cut characters a reality.
will become a redone job of:4ness:with a similar pose just with the hair, blue eyes, different mouth, shoes, colours and the lack of a back pack :)
:popo:
will become a reality through good old Killager:4villager: as they can be customized form what I can tell.
I will upload a sketch later on how these 3
can be made from these two:4ness::4villager: :)
If it's possible to do.
Note: I plan on making
it's trying to change him fro a :4fox:Fox amiibo might be extremely hard so I might have to wait for different amiibo like :4falco::4lucario: to pull of a decent pose.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys see that you are all enjoying the thread :D
Any way I plan on making two (or should I say 3) cut characters a reality.
will become a redone job of:4ness:with a similar pose just with the hair, blue eyes, different mouth, shoes, colours and the lack of a back pack :)
will become a reality through good old Killager:4villager: as they can be customized form what I can tell.
I will upload a sketch later on how these 3
can be made from these two:4ness::4villager: :)
If it's possible to do.
Note: I plan on making
it's trying to change him fro a :4fox:Fox amiibo might be extremely hard so I might have to wait for different amiibo like :4falco::4lucario: to pull of a decent pose.
If you turn Wii Fit Trainer into Fi I might just pay you.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
That might be extremely easy if I was to cut a few parts like the leg and re-adjust it near to the front and if I change that arm of hers

Plus their faces are extremely similar :D
Right? It's totally possible since their structures are so similar.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Forgive me if someone has already asked/pointed it out, but what is the best kind of paint to use on an Amiibo?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've been thinking of possibly buying a custom for my birthday(Cause I can't paint or trust myself on even trying to do it). But the price seems expensive when I looked them up. But the fire mario ones are so tempting(and blue luigi).

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I, too, made a custom Pink Gold Peach amiibo based off of someone from amiibo reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom