• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Editing Issue - Character Icon Name

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've been trying to completely replace Lucas with Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You, through textures, PSA, and now editing the CSS. I've gotten everything to work -- the series icon, the selection icon (the icon you place your cursor on to select a character), and the name that appears once you've selected the character.

However, the name directly under the selection icon will not work. I've tried editing it in multiple ways, but every time I include the replaced name in sc_selcharacter.pac, the game freezes when it attempts to load the CSS.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yes, I would like assistance with this as well. I had it working before, I put in Dr. Mario and Mewtwo names, but now I'm doing it for BSZ's skull kid, and I dont get a freeze, I get problems with the name. It either has all lines going through it or its all white >_>

marter

Smash Apprentice
From what I've found, the image you are using to replace needs to stay with the same dimensions as the previous one. For instance, if the first one is 74x14, the one you replace it with must be 74x14. You also need to make sure that the newly created file is smaller/same size as it was before. Stick to those rules, and it should work.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I did keep the dimensions the same, but the size is something I didn't pay attention to.

Thanks a ton, I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Yes, it worked! Thank you so much, I finally have everything in working order.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I still cant my skull kid name to go over toon links name properly... its either all glitchy with lines through it, and changes if you change your costume, or the name is just a big white block -_-

Top Bottom