• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSI: Genesis. Thanks for the help, wasn't smashers stealing.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Update: Thanks for all the pictures and all that, after some new information and being unable to identify anybody in the Genesis pics I'm almost positive it was local kids stealing stuff, which is a relief. I believe we have enough information to identify them with and through some degree of persistence we have finally gained the cooperation of the police department down there. A guy also has a lot of our stuff that the kids dumped, so things are looking relatively positive at this point. I don't think there's anything left that you guys can help me out with unless somebody randomly snapped a picture of a group of kids on the edge of the fairgrounds without controllers, which seems unlikely. Again, thanks for the help.

As a lot of people probably know (since they made an announcement Sunday), me and my friends had our car broken into at Genesis and had a hell of a lot of stuff stolen from us. I estimate my personal loss to be at about $989, probably more since I think I'm forgetting a number of the DS games I had in my backpack. The thing is, the kids who stole my stuff were stupid enough to use my credit card at a local McDonalds, so I got to see security footage of all of them. They were at the McDonalds by the Ramada on Sunday between 6:40 and 6:45.

It was a group of about 5 kids, around age 16. The one who had my credit card and initially used it was a black kid in a plaid shirt with a white undershirt. He was with another fat black kid in a plain white shirt and a white kid with poofy hair. There were 2-3 other kids who I didn't really get to see too well. I know my descriptions suck, but I have a good feeling that I'll be able to recognise them if I see good pictures of them.

WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO: Post any and all pictures taken at or around Genesis here in this thread, especially pictures taken on Sunday. There is a good chance they are local to Antioch, but they are probably also smashers since they left a cube w/ melee and portable lcd screen in the car. Also tell all your friends who might have pics/info about this. Thanks a lot.

If anybody has any questions about this or thinks they might know something, feel free to ask. Also, if a mod could sticky this topic that'd be sweet. DISREGARD THIS, I SU... err.. well, just disregard it since that's no longer relevant but I don't want to change the original message.

No U

Smash Journeyman
is there no way to get still shots from the mcdonald's?

good luck and getting your stuff back!
The McDonald's wouldn't do anything but show me the footage unless I could get an officer to come in and tell them to do something helpful. The Sheriff told us to talke to the Antioch PD who told us to talk to the Sheriff etc. until I called them out and then the Antioch PD said they'd call us back and after 3 hours they didn't do anything and our ride had to get back to Boise because he has a bunch of custody BS to deal with and we didn't really have any money to keep staying there. :dizzy:

I am going to keep trying to get the Antioch PD to stop being lazy *******s if I can somehow get a phone to bug them with. If I can't get a phone I'm going to contact them online until they do something. It shouldn't be that **** hard I already did all their work for them and have security footage and all that but whatever.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Wow, no way! There was someone that had their car broken into early Sunday at Mc'D! Must have been the same f***ers that broke into yours! I will post a link to the pictures I took in just a moment! I have ALOT of pics so it's likely they are in one of them!

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/spiralflame88/Genesis/?start=all
Ah, thanks a lot. Is there any way to tell what time/day the pictures were taken just from the album? Nothing stood out too much (one person looks familiar though) upon initial inspection but I'll look a little harder when I get some time.

Can anybody tell me who the kid in the white shirt a little to the right of the middle sitting down is? Is he local to Antioch? Not making any accusations, but he does look familiar.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help so far guys. I'm beginning to think it was just some local kids, which would be good because that means at least smashers aren't stealing stuff (at least out of cars; somebody did take my memory card out of my Wii >: ( but that's unrelated and my own fault anyways), but bad because it'll make it harder to find whoever did it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I had some stuff lost/stolen at Genesis too.

Maybe we should make a thread just for stuff

Atlus8

Smash Master
Ah, thanks a lot. Is there any way to tell what time/day the pictures were taken just from the album? Nothing stood out too much (one person looks familiar though) upon initial inspection but I'll look a little harder when I get some time.
The order I uploaded got kinda messed up, but this is the first pic I took which was on Thursday!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/spiralflame88/Genesis/DSC00547.jpg

If you look at the last part' DSC00547', you can just follow the pics in order.
Let's see . . .
I think this is how it goes

547-554 Thursday

561-669 Friday

670-948 Saturday

951-1199 Sunday

1205-1214 Monday

Also, not all the numbers are gonna show up because I deleted some pictures since they were blurred!

I hope that helps!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
sorry to hear your loss. smashers need to learn to stop being gay. especially the brawlers that steal.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I seem to remember a group of kids similar to your description wandering around inside the venue, and I kept wondering who they were because they didn't look like smashers since they didn't have controllers or anything smash related with them. They were walking around together IIRC. I think I had seen them wandering around outside one night, not headed towards food, but not towards the Inn either.

I don't know if that helps... :\

The___cheese

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed is.

"they left a cube w/ melee and portable lcd screen in the car."

That would lag so bad. To me it looks like they were just stealing stuff.

joeplicate

Smash Master
wasn't there a melee set up with a portable LCD the first day, to the left of the projector?
was it that tiny one?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I seem to remember a group of kids similar to your description wandering around inside the venue, and I kept wondering who they were because they didn't look like smashers since they didn't have controllers or anything smash related with them. They were walking around together IIRC. I think I had seen them wandering around outside one night, not headed towards food, but not towards the Inn either.

I don't know if that helps... :\
Im pretty sure it was not a smasher. I recall a group of kids all about 16 or so year of age sitting together for a few hours near the gate where you first have to drive in to get to the venue. They didn't have controllers with them which made it seem suspicious.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound pessimistic, but you'll never catch these guys. What makes it worse is that the police could give two frosted ****s about the situation. Unless there were weapons, drugs, and a good deal of money involved, authorities could care less. I dealt with situations like this on a regular basis when I worked retail, and unless you catch the thieves in the act, you're screwed.

Good luck with your search. Regardless of the fact that they're minors, I hope they get mugged in an alley and *****...and I don't mean "Smash" ****, either. ****ing scumbags.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Fuuuu that sucks

Catch these *******s. *****s gotta stop bringin a bad name to the smash scene

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure it was not a smasher. I recall a group of kids all about 16 or so year of age sitting together for a few hours near the gate where you first have to drive in to get to the venue. They didn't have controllers with them which made it seem suspicious.
We thought it was at first, because they didn't steal the gamecube with the screen in the car(easily recognizable with the cube and memory card and screen right?)....but now we are pretty sure it is a local set of kids....

Here is something No U posted:
---
So the guy has our backpacks and most of our stuff. Apparently the kids threw the stuff over the fence and were going to come back later to pick it up or something, but this guy found it and was able to ID me because, you know, my SS card, like 8 forms of ID and all that crap was in my wallet lol. He has a couple suspects and should be able to figure out who did it with the McD security footage. Knuttz Alch and Churro you should probably all talk to him about what all you know and see what of your stuff he has. etc.
----

So basically someone found our "stuff". We are missing all electronics because they stole, but they threw out our bags, clothes, and wallets, but because of the purchase with No U's card, we had faces and security footage and now we FINALLY have the cooperation of police, the park, and being forced by the police, McDonalds.
McDonalds and the police originally didn't have our cooperation even though we had a stolen card, and faces, and that the McDonalds manager recognized them as locals and regulars there...but the manager said he wouldn't do anything to help us unless the police told him to...
but since it happened at the park....the police are now willing to investigate this, which means the McDonalds employees will have to give cooperation....But it still Looks like that McDonalds supports criminals...because they wouldn't do ANYTHING unless the police told them to even with all the information we had. That was something that really set me off...they wouldn't even call the cops if the kids came back in...unless the police told them too....looks like i'm never ever ever eating at mcdonalds again....

Anyway....Any pics and information would be great to have, even though we have video evidence and fingerprints....

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
We thought it was at first, because they didn't steal the gamecube with the screen in the car(easily recognizable with the cube and memory card and screen right?)....but now we are pretty sure it is a local set of kids....

Here is something No U posted:
---
So the guy has our backpacks and most of our stuff. Apparently the kids threw the stuff over the fence and were going to come back later to pick it up or something, but this guy found it and was able to ID me because, you know, my SS card, like 8 forms of ID and all that crap was in my wallet lol. He has a couple suspects and should be able to figure out who did it with the McD security footage. Knuttz Alch and Churro you should probably all talk to him about what all you know and see what of your stuff he has. etc.
----

So basically someone found our "stuff". We are missing all electronics because they stole, but they threw out our bags, clothes, and wallets, but because of the purchase with No U's card, we had faces and security footage and now we FINALLY have the cooperation of police, the park, and being forced by the police, McDonalds.
McDonalds and the police originally didn't have our cooperation even though we had a stolen card, and faces, and that the McDonalds manager recognized them as locals and regulars there...but the manager said he wouldn't do anything to help us unless the police told him to...
but since it happened at the park....the police are now willing to investigate this, which means the McDonalds employees will have to give cooperation....But it still Looks like that McDonalds supports criminals...because they wouldn't do ANYTHING unless the police told them to even with all the information we had. That was something that really set me off...they wouldn't even call the cops if the kids came back in...unless the police told them too....looks like i'm never ever ever eating at mcdonalds again....

Anyway....Any pics and information would be great to have, even though we have video evidence and fingerprints....
Good **** man. I hope you find those ******s.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
NoU haz got this.

I wish I could help but I don't think there's much I could do now.

I also talked to James to see if he had my wiimote/classic controller, and like already said, they took all electronics.

However finding the people will get us our stuff back.
Good **** NoU :)

jopez4u

Smash Apprentice
they'll get it coming to them... good stuff karma, i hope that you do find these guys and tear their **** up!

No U

Smash Journeyman
So there's video footage of them with the stuff?
There's security footage of a group of 5-6 kids attempting to make a purchase with my credit card at a McDonalds. They looted through and dumped the unvaluable stuff around the fairgrounds, so they don't have any backpacks or anything. Come to think of it, they didn't have any electronics on them or anything, which means that they must have found a place to drop all that off between the fairgrounds and the McDonalds, possibly one of their houses. Not sure why I didn't realize that before.

Top Bottom