• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critisize my falco.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
yeaaaaaaa.....

here's two videos where i do lose and i am open to any critisism where you see fit.
i know theres always room for improvement so...yea lets get itttttt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxYPvehJw0
this match is against a good diddy player[lee]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdqj9GIHAzA
this match is against dat lame a$$ short purple masked **** with wings we call metaknight.
now i kno i made alot of mistakes in this vid. so feel free to point em out and pass judgment.

-edit-
another old match with me and lee...not proud of dis one but **** it who cares..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C1Azc7C-w

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You kept trying to fight meta ghey head on, you have lasers and a phantasm.. you hardly used them. This is a match where you have to abuse those 2 moves.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Yo Dreadz Steel2nd (one of the best Marth players) is giving you advice I suggest that you take it.

Any ways I think those matches are horrible for you to use as judgment for you. Your definitely not a bad Falco player (your getting better) we should get some more vids recorded of you vs OTHER people so they can accurately help and critisize you, because playing me in these matches really do you no justice. At least get some vids of you winning, and some of you losing against other players would be good.

-advent-

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Yo Dreadz Steel2nd (one of the best Marth players) is giving you advice I suggest that you take it.

Any ways I think those matches are horrible for you to use as judgment for you. Your definitely not a bad Falco player (your getting better) we should get some more vids recorded of you vs OTHER people so they can accurately help and critisize you, because playing me in these matches really do you no justice. At least get some vids of you winning, and some of you losing against other players would be good.

-advent-
dats da only vids i got online
so den tomorrow we gotta make dat happen..
happy bday btw.

and thx keep da critisism comin.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I have more vids of me vs you but those were the closets ones to me losing and you know I usually only put up vids of me losing that way people can criticize me more :( But yea we should get some more stuff recorded. My MK is getting better.

I dont know that much about Falco but...

1. Against MK chain grab and laser more
2. Against Diddy Kong..... well.... uh.... do any thing. Falco is like Diddy's worst matchup. And I dont really know the match up that well although I did destroy some Falco's at FIU today :) so from now on EVERY SINGLE time I play you I WILL get better at the match up. Just make sure you get better faster too. Oh yea and watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FSTUrp98o

-advent-

wangston

Smash Lord
For diddy you can chain grab too about 30-35ish spike him off the edge then bair him under the stage 0% to death. I used to go for the footstool on him but I always ended up getting footstoooled myself so simple use a bair and knock him under the stage.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Diddy, do what Wangston said. Abuse reflector if needed, but try not to make it to predictable. Find a pattern in the way they play, or if they are a Diddy Spammer, reflect back.

Chaingrabbing would help with this as well. Higher percents, easier spike/kill. Phantasm, I didn't see much of a good use of it. Most of the time, you recovered with Fire Bird.

To.
Predictable.
Aight.

Mix it up between Phantasm and it. If you see him waiting to edgehog you, aim for a platform. Less chance of getting hogged, much less hit.

As for the MK match, abuse the lasers and phantasms. Reflector could help against tornado. And when your above the opponents, you have an easier chance of knocking them out of the Nado.

Use more aerial moves. Not just when you've been sent flying or anything. It's a good approach rather then SHL -> Dash Attack/Grab. His N-Air and B-Air are one of his best moves.

Use it more.

And learn to SHDL correctly. Or else you'll get punished easy.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Omfg you're amazing, you were using that spin sliding mindgame I showed you at the beginning of the diddy match. This move is known at Nexus(Boynton Beach) as the new dash dance.

You're too aggressive. You have that 'I really have to hit him' mindset. Be a bit more passive and space your attacks more. Even though everyone else has really good advice, be careful taking specific move advice from people. When you learn the right playing style to make you better, the moves you need will shine(Pun intended).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Spin sliding: a technique I brought up about 4-5 months ago(Maybe even sooner) but was forgotten in the depths of random techniques, glitches, or possible ATs. Bread threads are included in the falco boards case.

Anyways....
Spin Sliding is a technique where you do multiple pivot slides to be able shoot a small amount of distance to either space attacks, approach with usually a fast attack or grab, or both. I will get a better video up as soon as I can but this video is all I have for now. It doesn't show the complete potential of the move because I wasn't very good at it back then.

Dash delay is when you dash in the direction opposite of the way you were walking in. The dashing animation comes out but the character doesn't go anywhere. Not too amazing but I thought it had potential at the time.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM Doesn't show full mindgame potential. I'll try to get a much better video.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Spin sliding: a technique I brought up about 4-5 months ago(Maybe even sooner) but was forgotten in the depths of random techniques, glitches, or possible ATs. Bread threads are included in the falco boards case.

Anyways....
Spin Sliding is a technique where you do multiple pivot slides to be able shoot a small amount of distance to either space attacks, approach with usually a fast attack or grab, or both. I will get a better video up as soon as I can but this video is all I have for now. It doesn't show the complete potential of the move because I wasn't very good at it back then.

Dash delay is when you dash in the direction opposite of the way you were walking in. The dashing animation comes out but the character doesn't go anywhere. Not too amazing but I thought it had potential at the time.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM Doesn't show full mindgame potential. I'll try to get a much better video.
Looks interesting, how are you able to pull that off, just tap the control stick in alternate directions?

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the quick response. You interested in some friendlies online tomorrow night? I haven't played a good Falco since Likang months ago.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
tommy G wut it isssss!!!!

-- but yea i appreciate all da advice given to me and i should put up some recent vids soon.
[ those are a lil old] they dnt do me justice.
and they should be me fightin other people ..

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick response. You interested in some friendlies online tomorrow night? I haven't played a good Falco since Likang months ago.
Sorry dude, I dont play online. Even if I did, my wii is a little messed up. :-/ Maybe I'll make an exception when I get my wii fixed.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Ok cool, get it fixed ASAP. I know you obviously have more technical skill then myself. The Philly Area has way to many extremely good Brawl players. Call that move you got the "BIRD WALK" haha

Dreadz18x, I know it sucks. I'll play you in some friendlies tomorrow night? I'll show you some junk.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's surprisingly good against GaW. It spaces his attack and allows you to punish his lag.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
ya i was playin izzy earlier at PnT and i was doin dat on him and he was like **** tommyG does dat crazy **** on him lol..

his Game nd watch is sick tho
Yeah for sure. When used right, its a very powerful tool. It shouldn't be spammed, though. Just like dash dancing, you'll get punished if you spam it.

For some reason, I don't see GaWs as anything special. Nothing against GaW mainers, I don't see anything that impresses me or really makes me worry. I still have no idea why GaW is Falco's hardest match up. I see it as pretty even, whenever I lose against the top of the state, it's usually because I'm sandbagging or I wasn't playing as well as I should have.

Yeah, Izzy's GaW is good.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Hey Tommy what you said about walking in one direction then dashing the other way which makes your dash go no where. Did you know after you do the dash after the walking, if you slightly tilt the control stick in the same direction as your dash it'll be delayed? Like it'll make your character pull out a dash really slow try this with marth it looks best with him. Also I really don't find any uses for it(unless you want to try it for surprises).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Lmao Kismet2 it's funny you say that.(Not making fun of you)
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM

I posted this a little while back in this thread. The whole time through the delay of the dash, you can do a dash attack.....which means you can do a delayed dash attack canceled up smash.

I think it could have some potential, but I don't have time to practice it. It could really help Marth because of Marth's B attacks. Up-B and Side B comes out during the whole animation of the dash delay.

Spin Sliding=/= Dash delaying. Spin sliding is a series of pivot slides in order to mindgame and space attacks. It's performed by tilting the control stick back and forth. Dash delay is either using momentum from a spin slide or a normal walking animation and smashing the control stick the opposite direction of your momentum and then quickly back to neutral position to have the dash go almost nowhere.

Btw check out Marth's grab range in that video.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Lmao Kismet2 it's funny you say that.(Not making fun of you)
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM

I posted this a little while back in this thread. The whole time through the delay of the dash, you can do a dash attack.....which means you can do a delayed dash attack canceled up smash.

I think it could have some potential, but I don't have time to practice it. It could really help Marth because of Marth's B attacks. Up-B and Side B comes out during the whole animation of the dash delay.

Spin Sliding=/= Dash delaying. Spin sliding is a series of pivot slides in order to mindgame and space attacks. It's performed by tilting the control stick back and forth. Dash delay is either using momentum from a spin slide or a normal walking animation and smashing the control stick the opposite direction of your momentum and then quickly back to neutral position to have the dash go almost nowhere.

Btw check out Marth's grab range in that video.
da concept of spin sliding deserves its own thread. so dat ppl can actually discuss it and make better use of it since no random topics are being made in da falco forum right now i say we take advantage of that......

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Well I tried posting it on tactical discussion about 5 months ago, but people kinda ignored it.

Watch 2:37 on that video. Marth's grab range is ridiculous.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Well I tried posting it on tactical discussion about 5 months ago, but people kinda ignored it.

Watch 2:37 on that video. Marth's grab range is ridiculous.
dats 5 month ago.
theres more ppl willing to learn[ like myself]

anyways dat ****s ridiculous.. he jus snatched link and took his lunch money

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tommy what you said about walking in one direction then dashing the other way which makes your dash go no where. Did you know after you do the dash after the walking, if you slightly tilt the control stick in the same direction as your dash it'll be delayed? Like it'll make your character pull out a dash really slow try this with marth it looks best with him. Also I really don't find any uses for it(unless you want to try it for surprises).
Yeah everyone can do this. It looks cool, but you have to make sure you don't slide the control stick too much as to stop the dashing.

Edit: Oh wait no forget it I thought it was something else.

Top Bottom