• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my peach?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Wow, your peach seemed pretty solid. It seemed like it was all there, but I think you'd benefit from just speeding it up a little. If you just tighten up your offensive game I think it'd help end their stock a lot more solidly.
Also, your defensive game seemed a little sub-par compared to your onstage control. Try working on nair OoS and stuff like that, it becomes killer vs falco and really in every MU. It seemed like as soon as you shielded, you tended to just go kind of panic mode and make bad judgements and dsmashes.
Asides from that I just really liked the way you controlled space. It seemed like whenever you were in control you kept him scared, and whenever he tried to come into the center you kept him out and punished effectively.
Finally, I think something you could add to your game (and most other peaches could too) is fair to grab. Seemed like you'd drop on his shield with fair and dsmash every time. While this is dandy and stabs almost all the time, it seemed like you followed up from your grabs really effectively, while when you got a dsmash, it was either just 14% or a ledgeguard. It's framesafe :)
You grabbed most when it seemed like you wanted a grab. Grabs work the best not when you want it, but when they really don't want to get grabbed. You went for it by the ledge and when you weren't in control, and as you seem to really gain control when you get a grab, that makes sense, but if you fair to grab on shield then that might help you tighten up your offensive game.
Good luck :D

Also, is that the Cobalt who went to RoM? I played him, he seemed alright.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
yeah it was cobalt from rom. i was crazy nervous so i did all kinds of stupid dsmash -.- my OoS game is usually more solid but i could definitely speed it up and fair grabs are legit but i never use them. thanks for the advice

Ambix

Smash Ace
There really isn't a whole lot of advice that can be given to you at this point.

Your techskill is decent and you generally try to be intelligent with your approaches. It seems like the weakest part of your game is your edgeguarding. Try chasing them out off the stage. There's generally jackshit they can do to stop you out there.

That being said, the vast majority of your improvement will come from experience and little metagame nuances that you'll pick up.

For instance when you chaingrab fastfallers you tend to instantly throw them. If you poke them a couple of times and generally stall out the throw unpredictably you can make them nervous about DI and mashing out. it's usefull on basically every stage (including those with platforms) because if you can keep them from DIing a couple of times in the middle you can stall the chaingrab out for another 30ish percent or gimp them with an unexpected Fthrow when they're DIing the wrong way.

It's just little things like that, that you'll accumulate. They add up over time.

Compare your matches with other peaches and while you're playing try actively looking for new approaches and move applications. Basically, start experimenting and find out what works for you and what doesn't.

EDIT:

Also, don't predictably shieldgrab skilled falcos. They will bait you all day. ALL day.

Dairs and shines ERRWHERE.

EDIT 2:

More little peach things:

Turnips can control space as well as make approaches safer. Try throwing them up when you think your opponent will approach and throwing turnips up through platforms is a MUCH safer option than jumping in to an ariel. ESPECIALLY against falco. It can also cut off top platform camping if you place them properly.

Turnips thrown up at shields from below will bounce off the shield 3-5 times as it moves up. It keeps them locked in place or it gets them hit by the turnip and leaves you free to approach.

Recycle shielded turnips. Catch and re-throw.

Downthrows lead to mad tech chasing.

Run up and shield as an approach. If you're random with it it leads to silly shield grabs against people that aren't patient or are overly aggresive.

When you Dair a shielding opponent, keep Dairing. 9 times out of 10 there isn't anything they can do except roll or get hit and you can predict the roll and exploit....especially if they're on platforms / ledges. When you HIT someone with a Dair, Keep dairing. 9 times out of 10 you can hit them with another Dair or two because they're expecting the Nair first.

Learn to wall bomb. It will save your life.

Toad can be used sparingly to make your recoveries safer. Invincibility frames plus it pops you up in the air for a second and a half. If it wasn't so damn laggy it could be used to mindgame in the air like marth's forward B. Alas.

instant float Up airs work wonders on shuffled approaches. If you space it right it basically can lead to anything. More Up airs....Nairs....grabs....

Sim

Smash Apprentice
You might want to vary more how you come back on the stage when on the ledge.

It seemed to me you always either rolled, or simply stepped up on the stage, while you could have edgehopped also.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
yeah.. i suck at getting back on the stage :( peach just seems so useless there

+ this is the OP. didnt realize I wasnt on my account

Top Bottom