• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Peach please and thanks all!!

brdy_

Smash Lord
These are some videos a local Link player and I recorded of ourselves just before spring break. I put them on Youtube earlier this evening. Critiques are more than welcome, along with compliments or simply "you sucks," as well as any encouragement or help for me to get better ;). (I'd mostly enjoy constructive criticisms and helpful tips, though)

I realize I lost a few of them, and they're not near perfect, but what would there be to critique if I won 'em all and didn't feel I need improvement?

Thanks in advance everyone.

New Videos: 4/03/07

Match A, Dreamland 64
Match B, Final Destination
Match C, Battlefield
Match D, Pokemon Stadium
Match E, Yoshi's Story
Match F, Fountain of Dreams <--- this one is awesome lol

Old videos 3/21/07

Match 1, Dreamland 64 ((<--- I got ****ed on this match))
Match 2, Yoshi's Story
Match 3, Fountain of Dreams
Match 4, Pokemon Stadium
Match 5, Final Destination

timbu

Smash Apprentice
aw! that always sucks when you die like that (first video).

I only had time to watch the first but a couple things from a noob =[

you should try and switch up your recovery to avoid getting spiked by a move like link's up-B...air dodge, open and close your umbrella and fly over his head, try and sweet spot the ledge for invincibility.

and also, you seem to like to grab a lot which is important with peach, especially against an opponent like link, but he like many other characters, is pretty heavy. Try up-throwing and comboing from that. you can short hop neutral air or up-air...and if they don't DI it right you can hit them with one or more upsmashes (i'm not sure if it out prioritizes link's d-air but it does cut through most other attacks).

you're better than me though so...maybe this advice is illegitimate =D

brdy_

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice about the umbrella thing... I'll start working on recovering more unpredictably.
However, the thing I notice playing against deva is if I throw him up and he DI's up (or if he's at a high enough percentage) he has enough time to pull out a nair or a dair and demolish me with it. But when he's at low percentage I'll try uthrow to nair and uthrow to usmash and see how it works out for me against him, though, since I notice the dthrow to dsmash only works around 50-80 or so.
Thanks timbu.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'm bumping this because I've added several more videos and I would like some more responses and advice.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
I personally absolutely hate this matchup. Its peaches turnips and better supplementary game against links spamming and strong moves. I dont know much about this matchup, but from what i do know, when your at high percents, dont do anything to his shield except for grab, and spam turnips, also you might wanna jump on the edge when hes recovering with his upb, turnips thrown down at him when hes recovering with hook shot is good though.

METROID PIC YESH!!!!(random lol)

One thing i noticed to is that while he was recovering you had many opportunities to dair+nair, use dair more often to catch him in it while hes upbing or he grabs the edge. Not sure if this is very wieldy though or if he can hit you out of it easily with upb.

Chip.

you know what to do
You Suck.

Just kidding Brdy ;), but I just had to say that lol :laugh:.

No but seriously, your Peach is freaking goood.

Seriously, Brady I like your Peach a lot. I also heard you beat R.C.? Kudos man, kudos.

Now we must record matches soon along with the mm. How about next weekend, perhaps?

Can't let Deva hog all the fun. :mad:

That is all.

You are awesome.

And you are the luckiest Peach player ever.

-Chip

brdy_

Smash Lord
Thanks Chip.

Bump.

Please, I really would like some more advice.. or at least some comments about my videos.

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
You tend to grab alot, which isnt a bad thing. But it becomes very stale overtime, since your obviously just trying to shield grab him, shake it up a bit. THROW THOSE DARN TURNIPS! Thats what seperates peach from alot of chars is her unique Projecticle :) And also I dont see you do many float cancelled attacks.... thats probablly the most important thing, its what seperates us peach players from Others.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Im not trying to be mean, but your Peach is second rate and would last 2 secs with mine. I saw a lot of holes in your game but I think your overall problem is you hold that block to much waiting for your oppenent to attack you, all those times you did that you could have attacked again. You also need to work on speed L-cancel, float cancel, learn it, use it. Learn how to V-drop turnips, roll cancel turnips, it fakes them out a lot anyway practice helps too.

Chip.

you know what to do
Im not trying to be mean, but your Peach is second rate and would last 2 secs with mine. I saw a lot of holes in your game but I think your overall problem is you hold that block to much waiting for your oppenent to attack you, all those times you did that you could have attacked again. You also need to work on speed L-cancel, float cancel, learn it, use it. Learn how to V-drop turnips, roll cancel turnips, it fakes them out a lot anyway practice helps too.
Vids, tournament placings, power rankings, recognition from other players?

Please do tell before saying something as random/arrogant as that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
To be honest, that Peach playing did not look very impressive at all. Far too passive for me to like it, with all the shielding and rolling around. DSmash, Dash, and FThrow are all very nice, but relying too much on those three moves really limits your approach. Work on a little bit of technique, too; running forward with grabs and dashes becomes rather predictable, which is why you got punished several times whenever you actually tried to take an offensive.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your not bad, but you do need work. You tend to roll alot from what I saw. Instead, just FC out of the shield and down air to netrual air. he is some tatics to do out of the shield instead of rooling so much

FC to D-Air to N-Air.(and if the block aal of that downsmash to finish it off

FC to N-air

Short hop back air

sbort hop N-air

Also wave dash and dash dance way more. You a lil low with Peach. Your FC is ok for the most part, but you could work more one it. other than that I think your good. Just work on what i told you here buddy

Top Bottom