• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique my ness (new vid)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Your 1st vid:

Um... Ness hsa more aireal moves than fair. You hardly used any other aireal moves. Pk waving (as mow called it) is good, but you need to mix up your game more. You tried the bat way too much. You also need to be less predictable. You're wd'ing more than Luigi and he still is keeping up with you. You definetely need to work on your edgeguarding as well. Luigi off the stage = dead luigi no matter how good or how close to the stage he is (as long as he doesn't misfire). You can just run off and nair (another move u should use more) him and he's dead. You also should use uair and pkt juggle him more. Luigi's di in the air is terrible and I think Ness can hit Luigi through his dair with his uair. Try to be less predictable is the main thing (I had the same problem but I eventually overcame it). You also need to be better at sweetspotting with pkt2!!!!

2nd vid:

Jigglypuff is a hard matchup if you don't know how to combo her. Mow wrote a very good description of this matchup (which I put up in the super guide). It's short, but very helpful. You have to stay on the stage at all costs. Jigglypuff ***** Ness off the stage. I think there are two ways to play Ness in this matchup. A very annoying defensive fair spamming Ness and a Ness that never lets jigglypuff breath and out speed her. *is watching E3 call of duty 4 ohmigosh* Anyways pretty much fair and bair spam against jigglypuff. Don't use pkt or pk fire cause she can easily rest you in the move. Bat isn't a good enough killer cause it's too slow. Doing reverse pkt2's help to confuse the jigglypuff while she's edgeguarding you and can prevent her from eating your thunder.

To all other Ness mains: help this guy out, he's a former member of the so called crew I belong to (which is dead).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i didn't leave the crew cause of anyone...it was pointless for me to be in it, me being from NY and you guys being in Virginia, MD, etc

thanks for that...i'm not used to fighting luigi's and that seemed to work was fair

sadly, that was a lot like how simna fought meep

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Luigi off the stage = dead luigi no matter how good or how close to the stage he is
Untrue >__>

Why do people always say things like that? it may be LIKELY that they'll be edgeguarded, but its never more than like 75% of the time. Even the best players can't implement 100% edgeguarding, if you watch their matches. Falcons, Falcos, and Luigis have bad recoveries, but they get back a lot more than people give them credit for.

A lot of times if you knock them off, they can jump back to the edge before you can even run to the edge.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
Untrue >__>

Why do people always say things like that? it may be LIKELY that they'll be edgeguarded, but its never more than like 75% of the time. Even the best players can't implement 100% edgeguarding, if you watch their matches. Falcons, Falcos, and Luigis have bad recoveries, but they get back a lot more than people give them credit for.

A lot of times if you knock them off, they can jump back to the edge before you can even run to the edge.

i totally agree. i play with luigi. and when i play my friends marth who's sole purpose is to edge guard. i get on 75% of the time and he is a pretty awesome edge guarder. and watch some ppaO videos and watch the tornado recovery. you will **** your pants.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, even with ganon, i'm making it back often

anything else i can do with ness

Top Bottom