• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ganon I guess.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I only watched the vs. Link one.

In the vs. Sheik and vs. Link matchup, you do realize that you can chainthrow with d-throw on the both of them, yes? I don't know if you just can't chainthrow, or don't perceive it as an "honorable" tactic, but at especially low %s, you need to chainthrow to build up enough damage so that you can start very basic combos (i.e. d-throw -> techchased down-b/side-b/stomp/f-air; u-throw -> u-air).

You also need to stop using down-b and side-b in completely unnecessary situations. In some instances, you just randomly threw out side-b's when it wouldn't even have reached. Textbook use for side-b is mostly for techchasing, and that's it. Down-b can be used in the same way, although you can often mindgame it in without too much hassle. . .provided you don't spam it.

You need to learn how to space properly. Again, randomly throwing out moves is a bad thing, because without proper planning/spacing, those moves won't accomplish anything. Ganon is good because if you space properly, people can't get inside your range to hit/grab you. If you use f-air/b-air/f-tilt/jab/u-air properly, most characters shouldn't be able to land the kind of hits that I saw you being nailed with.

You can also afford to be a little more aggressive. You did a shffl'd aerial, and then just stood there waiting for the Link to respond. You can pressure him if you have the spare time with aerials, dash-dance, do ANYTHING to try and get the Link in a disadvantageous position. Just standing there really doesn't accomplish anything.

Edgeguard with u-air, too.

Top Bottom