• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my friend's falco

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Sigh. Alright, Here Goes.

It's a good thing he has a training partner at about his play level. You should both study the guides available at this site, as well as view, and review the combo videos availalable for your respective characters. I learned best from viewing the professionals, and then trying to do it myself. I killed myself... a lot. Well. A lot doesn't beign to describe the amount. But eventually you get it down. All I can say is practice practice practice. You should both, outside your regular play, drill, for at least thirty minutes, if not more. This means short hopping, there were way too many full jumps, fast-falling, l-cancelling, the combined three of shuffling, teching, and wavedashing for starters. He sould learn the SHL as quick as he possibly can, and then get started on Shine combos. You should work on your edge guarding, chain grabbing, and spiking. Best of luck to both of you.
/Constructive Critcism

Ronin686

Smash Ace
TheKneeOfJustice did a pretty good job of critiquing. Tell him definitely to learn to short hop constantly, then evolve that into SHL & SHFFL. There's some guides on this site, and on GameFAQS.com that can really improve his game. He also shouldn't be constanly presenting himself open way up in the air, especially against a Marth (Take advantage of that, GofG! :D). Here is (in my opinion) the order of things you should be concerned about:

1. SHL (Practice short hopping, then short hop + fast fall, then add a laser in between the short hop and fast fall)
2. SHFFL (Substitute the laser with an aerial move, then hit "L" or "R" right before you hit the ground)
3. Shine Combos (Hit X or Y IMMEDIATELY after a reflector in order to jump after one frame; followed by your choice of aerial move.)
4. Wavedashing/Teching/Edge guarding (Generic advanced techniques. I put these last because I didn't know where else to put them. Learn these at your own pace, whenever you feel you're ready.)

I hope that helps. Good luck and keep playing!

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
As a Marth player to another, tell your friend to make sure if he's going to counter to hit. Such as when you relaise your foe is about to start a combo orr slips up while pulling a combo. As well you should edgeguard, standing in the middle of the arean looking pretty isn't going to stop him. If you shffl a Falco's Dair it stops Marth dead in his tracks, I know from experince >_<.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I think that before he starts trying to shffl, he should learn the SHL. If he can do that and fast fall it, shffling will be much easier. Ronin makes a good point about jump cancelling shines, but don't forget wavedashing--- a must for Falco. Also he rolls way to much-- very bad habit.

Top Bottom