• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Fox!

ICO

Smash Rookie

Hello fellow Smashers! I've recently got a capture card and recorded a few matches against my brother(he is the Falco in the video), and I'm looking for critique regarding my play. Anything from what I do good, If there is any, to what I do bad and need to work. Everything will be appreciated!

There are some things you should know. The 20XX Hack Pack is used in the video and the colors that show up have different meanings:
Red = Missed L-cancel.
Green = Standing still(not making inputs).
Purple = Shieldstun.

Last edited:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

ICO

Smash Rookie
There's so much you can improve, basically the whole mental aspect of melee.

For anyone looking to improve that, this is a must-read, it will help you out a lot.

Might be a bit difficult to understand, don't know how advanced you are in the game, but you should start looking for mental aspects en opponents goals as soon as possible.
Thanks for the tips, I will definitely read that post! Though are there anything regarding my tech skill and movement I need to improve on?

Last edited:

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Thanks for the tips, I will definitely read that post! Though are there anything regarding my tech skill and movement I need to improve on?
Don't know if you still need this, but work on your waveland. I read that article to, and it was very concise, nice read. However, technically, you had a lot of idle frames and you missed a LOT of wavelands, which leaves you open to punishment. It is battlefield and thus a small stage, but shdl are always a good option for tacking on damage. You were also often punished by what appears to be almost showing off your tech skill when you should just ledge stall your opponents invincibility frames on respawn (assuming you are comfortable on the ledge.)

Muse_Showbiz

Smash Rookie

For anyone looking to improve that, this is a must-read, it will help you out a lot.
http://myneverendingbrainstorm.blogspot.ca/2014/07/goals-in-ssbm-intro-to-player-vs-player.html?m=1

Might be a bit difficult to understand, don't know how advanced you are in the game, but you should start looking for mental aspects en opponents goals as soon as possible.
i just read part 1 and 2 and i am fascinated how you break down every single moment. i think more ppl should read this and they´ll learn how to get better at this game by themselves!
very nice conversation!!!

IONTheKid

Smash Cadet

"_________________"

Wow that was an amazing read! Honestly I feel like this is going to help me stray from playing on auto-pilot, as this is a problem I have sometimes in sets. I feel like making predictions and always being a step ahead of your opponent is an ingenious technique to be using in melee. Makes me wonder just how long it's going to take for me to use this on a higher difficulty level. Gonna start figuring out goals and studying opponents. That link is fantastic, positively going to share that with as many people as possible. KirbyKaze is a fantastic teacher

Top Bottom