• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crew Finder (UPDATED) 12/16/06

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
**** if i could i would have it at my place seeing as how my family might leave me alone for one day while my dad drops off my mom and sisters in mexico but i need exact dates and for people to bring Tv's,Cuebs/ Wii's and some outlets but it seems doable

just let me get an exact date on when my parents will leave

PM me if u can bring stuff

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
count my cube Nes' cube and ricky's cube in dude
and i think i can make it then
if i have to work ill take a day off
and i'll bring like to bucks to pitch in for food

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Now i need to find a place to put all this in an organized way so that it doesnt seem crowded

LOL i might have to put a Tv on kitchen table but if this works out we might be able to play all day and have Singles, Doubles and Crews and still be able to play friendlies

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
LOL

Hahahah we also got a Tv already in the Bedroom hahahhah LOL

I could pull out this rolling Desk and have it set it up anywhere and another one thats stationary but we got to move the Radio

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Hey whats up u guys its me, you now the Samus

I dont know what exactly it takes to be a real crew like consistenly training with each other but we do sometimes so i guess this is my crew :
(NO NAME) (were working on it)
Rage-Samus
Rain(Various Other Names)-Falco
C-SLY - Shiek (GaW for fun)
ELijah(No smash name yet) - Falco or Roy
Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks

(Our Friend Elijah barely came back and we are trying to get him good enough to compete tournament level cuz he used to play with us but left then came back so I m gonna add him Now)
I guess i'm kinda part of your crew too but we only see each other like every two weeks hopefully if someone would invite me over it would be more often.

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
Zero to Death

Shadowcloud-Sheik/Marth
ZivilynBane-various characters
Jobe-Peach/Mario
T-Dawg-Fox/Ganon
D$-Sheik/Luigi

Central Cali

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Sherman Oaks is REALLY Socal. WEll, we wouldn't be able to go since you guys are like over 5 hours away. >_>

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Yah I think you should make this instead of the normal tournament at toy mandala. I think you should handle the money like this for instance, each team member pays 5$ and there are 4 teams with 5 members each so the total pot would be 100$. Also what are the rules? I think these should be the rules but please post any suggestions:

Crews:

Match Rules:
Random stage select list: Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination and Dreamland 64.

Banned list: The same

How it will work: 4 people, 5 stock which equals a total of 20 stock every team must have an equal amount of members in a match because if not it gives the team an unfair advantage if one player has 20 stock for example.

When one player loses in the match and the other player does not have all of his/her stocks left when the next match starts the returning player must jump of stage to reset their lives, then both characters go to either side of the stage, count to 3 and go.

Character, stage and crew order/name selection
A team will have 4-6 members, with one member designated as the captain. The crew will choose a name for their team.

The team captain can consult his teammates but is the one with the final say to select the next person to go up, the character selections, and the players being used. What ever the captain says goes!

If a team exceeds 4 players, 1 or 2 players must be benched during every match.

Before each match the players not being used must be announced, as well as the character selections for the ones being used.

Before the first game, each team will “double-blind” their starting player.

The team putting in a new player may either select random or counter pick a stage. If the team wishes to go random and not counter pick the opponent cannot change his/her character. The new player must go with his announced character announced for his/her first game.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Sometimes people don't like all the neutral stages because some neutral stages are more fair then others and with a crew battle its different. Unlike a normal set a couple stock deficit will carry on from on match to another. So lets say I picked Marth and you were jigglypuff and we got yoshi's story on random, Marth would obviously gain not just the character advantage he has over jigglypuff but a stage advantage as well, this might change a one stock deficit on any other neutral stage to a 3 or 4 stock deficit that will carry on through the rest of the crew battle.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I know but the thing about counter picking is that it gives the loser an advantage to catch up with his opponent, and sometimes getting a stage on random is just luck and you could say like, "ohh i don't have to counter pick you now cause i got the stage i wanted on random". I mean im not saying you can't use those stages but I am saying it will be more fair if you do and if you look at crew battles like the ones in FC3 they only use FD, Pokemon, and Dreamland.

paulmitchel haircare

Smash Apprentice
-Team 619-

Jon619- Marth
Romeo619- Varies
RR- Marth
paulmitchel- Ice Climbers

San Diego, CA

That's the point of couter picking. And on the random pick you can cancel. Everheared of picking a diffrent charecter also?

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Sorry if i wrote that wrong. I meant to say counter picking gives a fair advantage and getting good a stage on random isn't exactly always fair and since in crews a deficit is magnified, making only the most fair neutral stages may be best. But if you guys want all the random stages on thats still okay im just trying to explain my reasoning.

Zenith

Smash Ace
SoCal's TPS

Zenith - Marth
JRG Chaos - Fox
Nova - Falcon
Killswitch666 - Falco

Crew is subject to change very soon.
Team Leaders: Zenith, JRG

Knivez

Smash Ace
Deep Socal-