• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create Your Own Stages

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
although making all these crazy stages sounds fun, and i will definitely do my share of experimenting, ****ing around, and having fun, i think you guys are overlooking another potential usage of the stage builder: SWF-made, SWF-approved, tournament stages.

this could really make the "professional"/expert playing field shoot off even farther than it did with SSBM. we could go as far as to have "seasons" where the seasons are mostly distinguished by stages, where we experiment a little bit every "season" and produce new maps for the tournament scene to play on. at first, the first stages may seem a lot like the SSBM neutrals, as we're getting our feet wet in terms of what SSBB has to offer in terms of character potential, and in terms of stage building in general, but after a imagine the sort of creativity that later seasonal stages could provide. i see the sky as the limit here.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have two stages in mind...one will be a flat, Final Destination style one. The other will be the flat top of a tower...with fireballs galore raining down.

But that's not all. I'll go wild with it and make anything but flat stages for anything else.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Unlimited potentional for anything at your very fingertips, and you make a straight line.
I know...I'll mix every (GOOD) Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Fire Emblem, EarthBound/MOTHER, Game and Watch, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Bomberman, F-Zero, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Resident Evil, Smash Bros., and Wii series game into one.

The result will be falling crates, random Pokémon dancing in the background, A Star Fox dog fight above, Animal Crossing houses to the left, TP's Hyrule Castle Town to the right, Kraid front and center, behind a Pokémon Stadium Billboard, with Mother Brain next to him, those block things from Wisper Woods Melee stage (minus the explosives), giant platform that rocks and rolls with volcanic fires and ashes below the stage, EarthBound/MOTHER New Pork City houses to the absolute right, Game and Watch platforms towards the top left, top center, and top right. Then some Icicle Mountains to the absolute right, Clouds below the main platform, that Smashville moving platform below, Megaman type platforms going up, Pokémon Stadium stands, with Miis in the stands by the thousands, applauding. Then there are also Metal Gears in the background, random magical explosions, bombs in the background, fireworks, a F-Zero race scene to the right (and a F-Zero Mute city platform below the top left, top right, and top center G&W platforms.

Then a classic fighting stage, where you have to get killed upwards basically to die, except two gaps (in basically the exact placement as Whisper Woods Melee stage, minus the blocks, which are on the moving platform below). Then you got lava below, changing times really fast (really fast...like it goes 24 hours in like 3-5 minutes). You got on the Pokémon Screen the scores, then fight scenes from all the other stages, on the most epic scale. And the stage does not move or transform, outside of the moving platform below, and the barrel cannon that goes by really, really fast from left to right right below it. O, and no random enemies appearances, and the lava never effects the battle.

Basically, it looks like this:

-- = platform
0 = barell cannon
b = blocks
c = Skyworld-like cloub (coverage)
>>> = moving direction(s)

KO ZONE

---
-------
-- ------------ --
ccccccccc

b
--- >>>>>>>>>>>>>

0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

KO Zone​

O, and btw, the platform to platform distance is about the distance between the main floor and 1st level of platforms of battlefield, and then one level higher of equal length, clouds right beneath the main platform, a moving platform at about double the length from the main platform to the moving lower platform, and a barell cannon just literally a 2 to 4 feet below that. :)

So ya, I shall play it online with a really, really, really fast computer, and I shall dub it "The Lag Machine". Good luck facing me on my dream stage. And the music...basically I recorded all the Brawl and Melee's soundtrack (Smashing...Live!) songs, and they go by, finishing one after another. Good luck NOR LAGGING ONLINE AGAINST ME! There's only a space battle, a bunch of giant beasts moving, Miis I made, a giant staidum, blocks (that randomly reappear), clouds that appear, disappear, and reappear, a fast 900 mph race, changing songs, changing screens on the big screen, a fast moving barell cannon, lava, moving people, people outside their houses, a moving platform, and me presssing as many buttons to lag you out. HAHA, I WIN! :p

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
rofl @ dave's intention to make a closed box.

looking at this i think i would have to do the straightline thing my self. Imagine final destination about half its size x2 one right next to eachother with a gap inbetween. that'd be cool :D

AIM0001

Smash Lord
As good as all this sounds I wonder how big the music selection will be. Music is some what important to me when I play a stage.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
As good as all this sounds I wonder how big the music selection will be. Music is some what important to me when I play a stage.
The update heavily implies that your music selection is any song you have available in My Music.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Wow.... the funny thing was I was expecting to wake up to a sort of lame update.... I have never been so glad to be proven wrong in my life.

A few concerns though. He said you don't have to worry about space with SD cards, however, that does kind of worry me because the screen shots have a meter that say "Remaining Parts" and that meter gradually fills up as parts are put in. Now, this means one of two things.....

1. This directly reflects how much space is currently left on your SD card. Or....

2. There will be some sort of natural part limit to reduce in game lag.

Sorry to kind of be the downer, but this is something that was not really explained and is an important issue. I would like to think option 1 (and I will be buying a huge SD card if that is the case) since that would give custom levels more freedom; however, I can see option 2 being a very realistic concern. What do you all think?

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... the funny thing was I was expecting to wake up to a sort of lame update.... I have never been so glad to be proven wrong in my life.

A few concerns though. He said you don't have to worry about space with SD cards, however, that does kind of worry me because the screen shots have a meter that say "Remaining Parts" and that meter gradually fills up as parts are put in. Now, this means one of two things.....

1. This directly reflects how much space is currently left on your SD card. Or....

2. There will be some sort of natural part limit to reduce in game lag.

Sorry to kind of be the downer, but this is something that was not really explained and is an important issue. I would like to think option 1 (and I will be buying a huge SD card if that is the case) since that would give custom levels more freedom; however, I can see option 2 being a very realistic concern. What do you all think?
I think option 2 is possible. After all, Mega Man Powered up had a stage maker, but it still limited how many foes you could put on each screen.

Electricwind

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about how to make a replica of stages like Hyrule from SSBM. I think this is a good way to try and bring back your favorite stages from melee.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes! I knew this would happen (maybe not knew but I thought it should)

First I'll make a stage with platforms all in a straight line, then some go up and some go down, then I might add four mini platforms at each corner. Yay! this update is the best! :chuckle:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
That update was one of the best updates I've seen yet. I hope they'll allow you to add different kinds of traps and obstacles, like a tornado from the original Smash Bros. in the Hyrule Castle and what not. I'm wondering if they'll let us add details to the background instead of a bland sky view though.

I'd love to recreate a scene from Sacred Woods from Twilight Princess if they have a forest background with the Lost Woods music. Or Bowser's Keep, or Star Road, or, and, God, so sweet.

Percon

Smash Lord
This just in: Different parts take up different amounts of space, so yes, "space remaining" is to avoid lag.

How do I know? Look at the one screenshot where the "space remaining" is partially full. He has a ladder selected. If you look closely at the space bar, you see a bit or red, this, of course, indicates how much space it will take up. And if they were all worth that much, the bar wouldn't be that high.

So yeah, we can safely assume such. And solid platforms will take up more space than ladders.

Also, the medium-sized stage is 13x15 mario-sized blocks, so keep that in mind.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome if you could put your own mp3 songs.would it?,this is awesome if Mii is confirmed for brawl, we could have a Everyone vs Everyone Match!

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
XD ... This is just too awsome for words. I love making and creating stuff and almost fell to the floor when I read that this feature will be in the game. I can try and make my own stages which would be enjoyable to play on.. or just go absolute crazy.

KBKirb

Smash Rookie
I hope there are more things that can be added on, not just pieces of the stage like spikes and such. The one thing I want is to be able to use is the increased jumping thing from the flying stage of Pokemon Stadium 2. I'd use that, then make a stage with 4 pillars near the bottom to start on, and then going way above that, a ton of floating platforms, a lot of which should be moving. It'd be pure aerial combat just about...

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make a giant box that you start off on that has spiked walls inside. There will be a opening in the top of the box and the point of the level will be to get someone in the whole so they will bounce around in the spikes and get Insta-KOed. Ultimate King of the Mountain?

My life is beautiful... *blows into tissue*
No seriously this is awesome, I can make all the Sonic stages that won't be in the game
Like one I'll obviously dub "Death Egg Zone"
Mahahahahahaha...spikes on top and bottom.... DOOOOOOOM!!

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Wow! Now that's awesome! Now I just wonder if you can adjust how big or small you want the vertical/horizontal..ehh..KO Zones and the inclusion of MP3s. I also wonder if you can make a "moving" stage like Rainbow Cruise and Poke'mon Floats.

Hmm...I think you'll need to unlock this mode...maybe...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
is there are stage hazards like lava, or lasers or random enemy spawns, I will be very very happy, and hopefully stages can move.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
is there are stage hazards like lava, or lasers or random enemy spawns, I will be very very happy, and hopefully stages can move.
To answer your prayers I would like to say that there are hazards like lava and spikes. Not sure about enemies though

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I dont' even know if this is possible. but a rotating stage.
Like a sphere, and you constantly have to run around. Outside the circle or inside the circle.

From I've been able to gather frm the pictures....here's more ideas...

A stage where it's all up and down platforms.
You could create triangles also.

Also this doesn't seem to be there, but platforms that would take a character, not up and down, or left or right, but backwards and forwards. Imagine a stage behind the main stage. that platform would take you to the back stage.

Top Bottom