• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
How can I make a move's hitboxes be out for longer? For example, I believe Bowser's dash attack is only out for 3 frames or something. If I wanted to make it last longer, do I change the timer before the "Finish Collisions" line or will that give me problems? Can I have a 0.5 FSM modifier so it lasts, for example, 6 frames?

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
How can I make a move's hitboxes be out for longer? For example, I believe Bowser's dash attack is only out for 3 frames or something. If I wanted to make it last longer, do I change the timer before the "Finish Collisions" line or will that give me problems? Can I have a 0.5 FSM modifier so it lasts, for example, 6 frames?
Both of those approaches will work, but will have different results. Modifying the timers is probably the better option, because this will keep the move at its normal speed, but will just make the hitbox out for longer. And you are correct, you would just want to modify the timer before the line that terminates collisions, and no, this should cause any major problems. Worst case scenario, it could mess up the timing for graphical/sound effects that happen after that, but this can be fixed later if you need to.

If you use an FSM to achieve this, it would work but it might look weird. With the animation at half speed, things would just look... off. Additionally it would make the move come out slower (unless you use multiple FSM's) which would make the move much less useful.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Hey does anybody know about this issue? I'm trying to change some FSM data and this is what happens. I've tried restarting my computer and it still happens, checking with other ISOs, and it only happens on this one. The program kinda just stops working after this, all menus go blank. Is this a known issue? I'm thinking I might actually have too much FSM data because I have the data from Melee SD Remix as well as about 6 of my own modifications to it.

http://prntscr.com/9g4qge

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anybody know about this issue? I'm trying to change some FSM data and this is what happens. I've tried restarting my computer and it still happens, checking with other ISOs, and it only happens on this one. The program kinda just stops working after this, all menus go blank. Is this a known issue? I'm thinking I might actually have too much FSM data because I have the data from Melee SD Remix as well as about 6 of my own modifications to it.

http://prntscr.com/9g4qge
I believe there is a limit to FSM Data. Perhaps refer to magus's original post.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Yeah there is. I'm gonna need Achilles' 1.02 FSM stuff though. I don't know where the FSM stuff would start in the .dol. Starting to regret using a 1.02 ISO hehe...

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there is. I'm gonna need Achilles' 1.02 FSM stuff though. I don't know where the FSM stuff would start in the .dol. Starting to regret using a 1.02 ISO hehe...
the offsets magus stated work for v1.02 as well(I used it in a SUPER old version of tatahackpack), I suggest changing where the FSM entries are. I tried editing the ASM to redirect to where the tournament code begins, but that didn't function(ran as if fsm didn't exist) at all, so I'm going to give up on this for now(spent a solid 2 hours with no results).

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
the offsets magus stated work for v1.02 as well(I used it in a SUPER old version of tatahackpack), I suggest changing where the FSM entries are. I tried editing the ASM to redirect to where the tournament code begins, but that didn't function(ran as if fsm didn't exist) at all, so I'm going to give up on this for now(spent a solid 2 hours with no results).
I ended up figuring it out. Both 1.00 and 1.02 version of FSM have room for about 152 entries and sense I had SD Remix entries as well as my own it definitely went over that limit. Right now I'm gonna test if you can have both the 1.00 and 1.02 versions of FSM code working together. in 1.02 both Offsets for the injection and FSM data have totally free space, so I don't see why both wouldn't work. Of course I know absolutely nothing about ASM, so... Another issue I'm gonna have is I think I have to manually edit the 1.00 offset seeing as how Crazy Hand would have no reason to work with both...

D

Deleted member

I downloaded it, but I can't find it. What folder is it in?

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Concerning the 1.00 and 1.02 FSM thing, I think I can get it to work. As long as they can both actually work together (I'm mostly worried about 1.00 working at all but if you say it works tatatat0 tatatat0 I'll believe ya) , I'll be able to edit them both in Crazy Hand by changing the offset location in Crazy Hand's config files. Just hoping it won't erase the other data for some reason when I swap.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded it, but I can't find it. What folder is it in?
What are you talking about? The crazy hand program? That will be in whatever folder your browser downloads to, likes C:\Users\(Username)\Downloads if you run Windows and googlechrome, if you don't like that/ know where it is, right click on the download link for crazy hand (on the download site) and save it to somewhere else perhaps.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
What are you talking about? The crazy hand program? That will be in whatever folder your browser downloads to, likes C:\Users\(Username)\Downloads if you run Windows and googlechrome, if you don't like that/ know where it is, right click on the download link for crazy hand (on the download site) and save it to somewhere else perhaps.
You can also right click on the download in Chrome and go to "open file location" or "show in folder" I don't remember which one it says.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Despite changing the offset for FSM data it still shows the data from the 1.02 offset (@4088B0) and I can't edit @17A0 from Crazy Hand. Ugh this isn't gonna be fun... I'm out of ideas for what to do. I'm gonna try to get a 1.00 ISO w/ FSM, edit whatever I want to on there, check the start.dol, copy and paste the stuff at the FSM offset, and put it into mine and then see if it works. It'll be a hassle, but if it works I guess it works.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I have the RAR. What I meant was that I'm having troubles finding the program. The RAR has 3 normal folders named anm, def and img. Then there's another RAR called Crazy Hand v1.3. I looked through the entire RAR and couldn't find a JAVA program.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Thats not a rar, you need to open Crazy Hand V1.3 with java SE platform, right click on it and click open with... and either click on java or browse to its directory somewhere in your program files. The problem is that you have .jars associated with winrar, which is almost always not a good idea.

D

Deleted member

Thank you, my friend. Now I can screw Melee up until it's barely recognizable.

D

Deleted member

Doh, I ran into another pitfall. when I click it, it says it couldn't find com.MeleeEdit. I have a feeling that this is just another result of my ignorance, but as of now I have no idea what com.MeleeEdit is. Could you give me some pointers?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Doh, I ran into another pitfall. when I click it, it says it couldn't find com.MeleeEdit. I have a feeling that this is just another result of my ignorance, but as of now I have no idea what com.MeleeEdit is. Could you give me some pointers?
Make sure not to run the program inside winrar, extract the archive. Never run unextracted stuff.

megazerosaber

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I've got a couple questions. Most of the editing stuff is straightforward but how do I do some of the more crazy things like replacing moves?

Specifically, how would I replace Bowser's flame breath with Mario's fireball?

I'm looking to change it to a slower, larger, travelling projectile. I'm guessing I'd also need to change the frame data for the flame breath so Bowser isn't stuck in the entire animation for the fireball?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hi,

I've got a couple questions. Most of the editing stuff is straightforward but how do I do some of the more crazy things like replacing moves?

I'm looking to change it to a slower, larger, travelling projectile. I'm guessing I'd also need to change the frame data for the flame breath so Bowser isn't stuck in the entire animation for the fireball?
Thats probably not possible.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Hey tatatat0, the FSM stuff ended up not working. Thanks for the help though. Many of the SD Remix entries were screwed up anyway so now I have room for about 80 FSMs. That'll surely be enough.

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Hi,

Yeah, unfortunately melee modding isn't at that point yet. We have yet to even fully figure out the way animations work in this game, and spawning projectiles is also not super well known.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Yeah, unfortunately melee modding isn't at that point yet. We have yet to even fully figure out the way animations work in this game, and spawning projectiles is also not super well known.
It's pretty funny how we can barely do half of what Project M has done with Brawl despite Melee being an older game.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty funny how we can barely do half of what Project M has done with Brawl despite Melee being an older game.
Melee is held together with sticks and ducktape, and brawl is much more polished in its coding.

Last edited:

megazerosaber

Smash Rookie
Well that is a downer but I guess we'll have to be patient.

What about something more simple like making his Flame breath/Koopa Claw be jump cancelled like the shine?

What about changing characters like Zelda, Falcon, Fox, and Falco who going into a falling animation after using side B into a different state.

Ie Falcon/Falco use side B but then can immediately use Up B

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman

What about something more simple like making his Flame breath/Koopa Claw be jump cancelled like the shine?

What about changing characters like Zelda, Falcon, Fox, and Falco who going into a falling animation after using side B into a different state.

Jump cancelling bowser's flame breath/koopa claw is probably possible. Read up on this post, although its more centered around land-cancelling if you search for someone with a jump-cancellable move to use as the base, that will work ( I have the data for fox's shine in my notes in there as well). Falcon/Ganon not going into special fall is a code somewhere. As for the others idk.

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Jump cancelling bowser's flame breath/koopa claw is probably possible. Read up on this post, although its more centered around land-cancelling if you search for someone with a jump-cancellable move to use as the base, that will work ( I have the data for fox's shine in my notes in there as well). Falcon/Ganon not going into special fall is a code somewhere. As for the others idk.
I have the code for Falcon not going in to SpeicalFall after side-b.

It looks like this. Of course I know nothing about why it replaces that hex or what that's even for, but I know that it works q: I really wish I understood Melee hacking, but I look at notes and they look at gibberish. That's okay though, what I have right now is (almost) enough for me.

Melee is held together with sticks and ducktape, and brawl is much more polished in its coding.
It definitely seems like it hehe.

Last edited:

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936

All of these except Bowser's flame breath being JC-able are possible. The flame breath not being JC-able is due to the fact that his interrupt routine also contains the code to keep his breath looping properly as well as spawning the actual projectiles.
For falcon/ganon, take a look at @DRGN's Melee Code Manager. It's an incredible tool for injecting codes into your ISO, including replacing falcon/ganon going into specialfall after side-B with normal fall.

Be careful about using jump-cancels with Bowser's side-B though. It's possible that it could cause whoever gets grabbed by it to be stuck underneath bowser until he dies.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Tater Tater Ampers Ampers Got character special attributes and created a pull request on the github. Not sure if I formatted it right though so I'm posting it here.
public SpecialMoveAttribute[] falconSpecialMoveAttributes = {
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3904,"Momentum forward","","Neutral-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3908,"Momentum holding up","","Neutral-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3930,"Landing lag","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3934,"Landing lag(on hit)","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3838,"Miss gravity","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x383C,"Miss gravity related","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3938,"Horizontal momentum","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3944,"Landing lag","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3948,"Unknown","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3950,"Joys-stick position to reverse","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3954,"Unknown","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3958,"Gravity after releasing an opponent","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3968,"Fire aura angle","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x396C,"Speed modifier on hit","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3974,"Ground-lag multiplier","Higher values means less lag","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3978,"Aerial landing lag multiplier","Higher values means less lag","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x397C,"????","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3980,"Friction from landing from aerial Down-B","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3984,"Unknown","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3988,"???Seems to prevent grounded falcon punch from coming out if its not 544","","Neutral-B?"),
};

public SpecialMoveAttribute[] ganondorfSpecialMoveAttributes = {
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38AC,"Momentum forward in air","","Neutral-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38B0,"Momentum from holding up","","Neutral-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38B8,"Miss gravity","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38BC,"Miss gravity related","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38D8,"Landing lag","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38DC,"Landing lag from hit","","Side-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38E4,"Horizontal momentum","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38EC,"Landing lag","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38F0,"Unknown?","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38F8,"Joys-stick position to reverse?","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x38FC,"Unknown?","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3900,"Gravity after releasing an opponent?","","Up-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3910,"Purple aura angle","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3914,"Speed modifier on hit","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x391C,"Ground-ground ending lag modifier","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3920,"Aerial-ground landing lag modifier","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3924,"????","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3928,"Friction from landing from aerial Down-B","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x392C,"Unknown","","Down-B"),
new SpecialMoveAttribute(0x3930,"???Seems to prevent grounded warlock punch from coming out if its not 544","","Neutral-B?")
};
Edit: I seemed to forgot the pichu attributes so here:
Quick Attack:

x362C: .05 momentum subtracted during ending frames 9-49

x3630: 1 momentum cap from subtraction during endlag

x3634: 20 ?? Read on startup

x3638: 8 Travel distance ???

x363C: 0.02666 Momentum subtracted frames 11-13 during startup?

x3640: .2618 model rotation traveling on ground

x3644: .8 model width multiplier traveling on ground

x3648: .8 Model height multiplier traveling on ground

x364C: 1.2 Model length multiplier traveling on ground

x3650: 0.2618 Model rotation traveling in air

x3654: .8 Model with multiplier traveling in air

x3658: .8 Model height multiplier traveling in air

x365C: 1.2 Model length multiplier traveling in air

x3660: 4 ?? (Pikachu’s is 2)

x3664: 0.5 aiming sensitivity

x3668: 2.2 Has to do with starting momentum

x366C: 2.2 momentum added to 3668??

x3670: 1 Second segment length multiplier

x3674: .6 Horizontal momentum?

x3678: 0x32 Unknown

x367C: .6 Horizontal Momentum subtracted??

x3680: 0x05 Unknown

x3684: .4 Not Read

x3688: 12 Landing Lag

Thunder:

x368C: .66 vertical momentum on aerial thunder hit

x3690: 0.016 something to do with rising from an aerial thunder hit?

x3694: 4.5 something to do with vertical range for thunder self-hit?

x3698: -5 Thunder travel speed

x369C: 6.66 horizontal range for thunder self-hit?

x36A0: 8 vertical range for thunder self-hit?

x36A4: -18 vertical displacement of cloud graphic

x36A8: 150 height of thunder creation

x36AC: 0x04 Number of lightning bursts

x36B0: 0x08 time between individual lightning

x36B4: 0x52 unknown (Freezes if not 51 or 52)

lecceo

Smash Rookie
I have a few more questions.
1: where can i find a list of what the attributes do. Some of them say things like "Jump v initial multiplier" and stuff like that. I also can't find amount double jumps, air mobility, and other stuff like that.
2: What determines where hitboxes move throughout an attack.
3: what do knockback growth, and base knock back do. Does knockback growth multiply the base knockback, or is it just an increasing value.
4: can i edit things besides characters?
5: Is there a list for projectile/item ids?

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I have a few more questions.
1: where can i find a list of what the attributes do. Some of them say things like "Jump v initial multiplier" and stuff like that. I also can't find amount double jumps, air mobility, and other stuff like that.
It's intended to be kind of self-explanatory with the name. V means Vertical. H means Horizontal. Jump multiplier means a full-press jump will go higher if it's increased. If you increase Hop, then a light-press would go higher, etc.. I've fixed that in our spreadsheet, since I thought it was a poor naming convention.

Jumps is definitely in there. It's literally called, "Number of Jumps" just a few values south of Jump v initial multiplier. Air mobility is also just below that.

2: What determines where hitboxes move throughout an attack.
They're attached to bones.

3: what do knockback growth, and base knock back do. Does knockback growth multiply the base knockback, or is it just an increasing value.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/knockback

4: can i edit things besides characters?
With ASM or knowledge of hex, yes. We don't have tools written for that, so we do that by hand (and some custom tools) mostly.

5: Is there a list for projectile/item ids?
Code:
Items (decimal/hex/name)
-------------------------------
## 0x Item
------------------
00 00 capsule
01 01 box
02 02 barrel
03 03 egg
04 04 partyball
05 05 cannon
06 06 bombomb
07 07 mr. saturn
08 08 heart
09 09 tomato
10 0A star
11 0B bat
12 0C sword
13 0D umbrella
14 0E green shell
15 0F red shell
16 10 gun
17 11 freezie
18 12 food
19 13 mine
20 14 bumper
21 15 super scope
22 16 star rod
23 17 lip stick
24 18 fan
25 19 fire flower
26 1A big mushroom
27 1B small mushroom
28 1C hammer
29 1D warp star
30 1E screw attack
31 1F rabbit hood
32 20 metal
33 21 cloak
34 22 pokeball
43 2B goomba
44 2C redead
45 2D octarok
46 2E otosea
We don't know how to replace projectiles yet. Spawning them is something sort of in the works.

Last edited:

lecceo

Smash Rookie
It's intended to be kind of self-explanatory with the name. V means Vertical. H means Horizontal. Jump multiplier means a full-press jump will go higher if it's increased. If you increase Hop, then a light-press would go higher, etc.. I've fixed that in our spreadsheet, since I thought it was a poor naming convention.

Jumps is definitely in there. It's literally called, "Number of Jumps" just a few values south of Jump v initial multiplier. Air mobility is also just below that.
When i change number of jumps, it gives the character infinite jumps. :(

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Hey, just hopping onto here to ask a question - where can I find all of the Visual FX and SFX codes (and similar to it) to enter as a value for attacks in crazy hand? Also, is it possible to do something to taunts, such as make it heal you?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
When i change number of jumps, it gives the character infinite jumps. :(
Can't change jumps at the moment.
I am on a 32 bit linux (suse 12.1) and it crashes when I select my iso.... HELP
32 bit is probably a problem. Oh and PC master race.
Hey, just hopping onto here to ask a question - where can I find all of the Visual FX and SFX codes (and similar to it) to enter as a value for attacks in crazy hand? Also, is it possible to do something to taunts, such as make it heal you?
There is not a list of those any place I know of. Use trial and error or copy data from other subactions.

lecceo

Smash Rookie
In theory, would it be possible to replace things like classic mode memory with new characters?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
In theory, would it be possible to replace things like classic mode memory with new characters?
Characters? Idk about that, but you can remove the tourney mode, debug mode, and I'd assume classic mode from the start.dol to get more space in it. From what I heard more space besides that is somehow possible, buts its some pretty high level technical black magic. You'd probably have to pray to achilles or Dan Salvato for stuff like that.

Last edited:

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
I'm pretty sure that depends on how character data is loaded. From my understanding, they have their own files (PlKp.dat for Bowser's base data, then PlKp(Nr/Re/Bu/Ye) for his costumes, then PlKpAJ.dat for his animations file). If classic mode is stored in its own file then you *might* be able to jank your way through that. Replacing trophy files like @achilles1515 did for 20XX alt costumes would be much easier / efficient.

blue_spark

Smash Rookie
when I select the iso it crashes also It doesn't show it on the bar of open apps I am running open suse on a 32 bit os

Top Bottom