• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crap, I dunno where to post this

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
so I'll post it here. Anyways, I was screwing around in training mode and I found some interesting tidbits:

1. Squall Hammer cancels out normal A attacks. What I mean by this is: DthrowFair and then squall, Nana warps to Popo to do a dual-squall hammer. I think they have to be close together though. I dunno how this'll be viable though.

2. 0-death Dthrow Fair? Note, I've only tried this on Marth in training mode(read:No DI) but I've managed to chain him from 0-82% stopping only because I ran out of room on FD. The trick was to catch them before they hit the ground. I dunno if DI could stop this or not though. if it doesn't, we have an "infinite" that's easier to perform. I think Nana has to full-jump though.
Okay, this doesn't last forever, the highest I got was 98%. Still, good damage.

I'll edit the post as I find more.

Binx

Smash Master
Good idea, also that kind of inspires me to one day kill a person by dthrow with nana to fair with popo =D

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
If you can't manage to recatch, just do an Ice Block (NOT THE INFINITE). That's what I always do, as it's pretty much Brawl's version of Melee's jab: it will make them stand up.

In my opinion it's better than going into the whole time-consuming IL infinite since you get more damage overall and it looks awesome as well.

BUT ANYWAYS. DI does affect the infinite. You can still meteor smash them down, the only problem is how they DI. For example, if they DI away and you f-air w/ Nana close to Popo, they'll get knocked back instead of down. If you move forward a bit while doing the f-air though(w/ Nana), you would send them down. It's pretty much having you guess how they will DI (and following it correctly) to keep it going.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
If you can't manage to recatch, just do an Ice Block (NOT THE INFINITE). That's what I always do, as it's pretty much Brawl's version of Melee's jab: it will make them stand up.

In my opinion it's better than going into the whole time-consuming IL infinite since you get more damage overall and it looks awesome as well.

BUT ANYWAYS. DI does affect the infinite. You can still meteor smash them down, the only problem is how they DI. For example, if they DI away and you f-air w/ Nana close to Popo, they'll get knocked back instead of down. If you move forward a bit while doing the f-air though(w/ Nana), you would send them down. It's pretty much having you guess how they will DI (and following it correctly) to keep it going.
In my experience, they almost always DI away.

The good thing about this is, even if you manage to miss the regrab, oh well, you get a tech-chase.

Top Bottom