• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU Unresponsive

Sacrifices

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when ever I play with a CPU, they are unresponsive at times, even on CPU Lv. 9. Because of this, I tend to get unwanted cheap kills.

I installed everything correctly, but this does it with my Japanese and PAL Wiis as well.

I'd really appreciate if this is fixed soon.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That's typical AI. Not so much a bug but how they're coded. It's being worked on as the development progresses.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I see where you coming from, but in vanilla Brawl, they aren't like this.
Yes, because that's how they're coded in P:M. AI can't adapt to engine changes unless the programmers make them do so, which as I stated, is being worked on.

Sacrifices

Smash Rookie
Yes, because that's how they're coded in P:M. AI can't adapt to engine changes unless the programmers make them do so, which as I stated, is being worked on.
I downloaded it for a faster pace game, but clearly I was wrong.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded it for a faster pace game, but clearly I was wrong.
The game is much faster. The AI just can't handle the speed boost (particularly concerning fall speeds). The AI is rather idiot savant in Project M. Sometimes it will string together incredible combos, other times (particularly vs Wario or Falco) it will fail miserably at recovering or chasing off-stage. The PMBR is working hard to update the AI to deal with the engine changes, so sit tight until then.

Top Bottom