• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU Default Level Modifier Code: Levels 9-F?

cHp

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming that SSBB uses Hexadecimal. Since there are normally 9 levels (0-8) for CPUs, what would happen if you set the level to a setting of 9-F? Would it loop (like 3880000A behaves like 38800001) or would it essentially be like playing a CPU above Lv. 9?

Code:
Default CPU Level Modifier[Igglyboo]
C2693A70 00000002
3880000X 909E01D4
60000000 00000000
CPU Level - 1 = X
(level 9 would be X=8)

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I have to say that sometimes, the CPU does feel as if it's more difficult than a level 9. So it may be possible that there are difficulties higher than 9... or maybe I just have bad streaks.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Higher than Level 9? This sounds like something really fun to play with :awesome:

matein10

Smash Rookie
If I recall correctly Igglyboo said something along the lines of the highest level CPU being level 9 but the CPU graphic/icon mess up for values A through F (although still acting as a level 9).

From my experience with the code it does not crash at the following values: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, F. Sadly, I don't remember if 0, A, B, C, D, or E crash, although if 0 crashed it would be understandable.

Maybe you should look for other threads with Igglyboo's response, assuming the thread was not deleted somehow, if interested.

-matein10

EDIT:

This code has always fascinated me so I looked into it.

Ignore this if you don't care how the (I think) the code was made.

[lame attempt to contribute to the community for new hackers such as myself].

"Gecko Codetype Documentation" was my source of information.

MY NOTES:

Default CPU Level Modifier[Igglyboo]
C2693A70 <-C2 codetype = "Insert ASM" codetype, and ASM = assembly code. 00000002 <- is the number of lines of ASM code to insert. I thought this would have been a D2 codetype because of the next line being a pointer.
3880000X <- Repoints data to address 909E01D4.
60000000 00000000 is a nop (I think) nop = no operation. It can end C2/D2 codetypes.
[/lame attempt to contribute to the community for new hackers such as myself]

Uhhh... how do I make spoiler tags or code boxes/tags?

I am sorry if this does not belong here.

Please notify me if so, and I will try to refrain from posting such comments.

-matein10

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Uhhh... how do I make spoiler tags or code boxes/tags?
Click on Edit and then click on Go advanced.

When I tried B:

-where the level number is, there's a 0, but rotated 90 degrees
-there's no freezing
-no noticeable cpu changes... in fact, they seemed to be level 4-6
-tested twice

When I tried C:

-there's no freezing
-Seems to be level 6-9. Interesting cpu behavior. Yoshi did edge cancelled egg tosses, but I'm not sure if that's because of my playing style, the mods I made to him (i.e. air mobility increase), the Super Yoshi code, or if they were accidental. Or it could have been Captain Falcon's presence... Suicide by egg roll still seems to be possible.
-now tested 3 times. Definitely around level 6-9

I read on Smash wiki that SSBM had various difficulties for specific purposes (i.e. event matches). Maybe C is one of them?

When I tried D:

-there's no freezing
-Also seems to be level 6-9

Edit:

0 just changes the level to 1.

Top Bottom